The modification is based on skipping two steps in the upgrade process.
"BD FIRMWARE" and "Bul-ray Disc Player Revoke list."
Whose patches are:
0x3CF0 offset = 0x419E0044
0x3C50 offset = 0x48000034
This allows you to skip the two functions related to the BD-Drive.
We avoid the error and let the system continue updating.
- Enable Service Mode.
- Copy the Lv2Diag.self to root of the USB.
- Copy the PS3UPDAT.PUP file to root of the USB.
- Turn on the PS3 with the USB inserted into the port 000 (the closest to the reader).
- Wait until it turns off.
- Copy the Lv2Diag.self the STEP2 (not provided for me) (MD5: 7A20BFDAE65EEFB47A4425DB1B52DCDE) to get out of FSM.
- Insert the USB into the port 0.
- On and after a few seconds turns off.
Needless to say, but just in case.
It is your responsibility. Compatibility is the same as the original Lv2Diag.self.
Lv2diag is a dangerous tool, inform you of this.
Thanks for testing it psmaniaco!