Port of the UAE amiga emulator for the PS2 platform. It was build by the ps2dev free development tools to satisfy my curiosity wether the uae could be compilable under ps2dev environment and how well will it perform. Have fun!
The regular version is up and ready.
Major changes of the port:
- more cpu cores
- AGA support
- up to 4MB of memory for ECS and up to 2MB for AGA
- more precise timing
- sound emulation (preliminary)
- 'options dialog' for disk swapping
- 2nd joystick emulation (on 2nd joypad)
- virtual keyboard
- host:/ independent
- 68000, 68010, 68020 processor cores
- OCS, ECS chipset (no AGA - get AGA version to enable AA chipset)
- up to 4MB of Amiga memory
- lo-res (320x256) and mid-res (640x256) graphics resolutions in 32bit depth
- joystick1, joystick2 (2nd joypad required) and mouse emulation
- simple options dialog (supports switching of the disk files and more)
- sound (sound port is crappy, sorry)
- keyboard emulation
- zip and dms floppy images
- embeded irx load (sound and dvd) - the program is host:/ independent
- ps2 ready to boot homebrew programs
- uae.cfg either in mass:/ cdfs:/ or host:/
- kickstart rom - see docs/readme
- press START for options dialog. Note that DVD drive stops, so you can swap disk if you need to. In the options dialog the CROSS confirms, CIRCLE cancels. SQUARE on the floppy item ejects the floppy.
- press R2 to activate virtual keyboard (vkb), release R2 to hide it. If vkb is shown press left/right digital pad to select the current key. Press the 'up' digital pad button to actually simualte key press of the current key. L1, L2, R1 buttons are user defined keys. If vkb is shown press L1 to define L1 button, press L2 to define L2 button and press R1 to define R1 button.
- joypad 1 (emulates joystick 1 and mouse 1)
- joypad 2 (emulates joystick 2) - if you want to enable 2-joystick mode, plug-in the second joy pad, restart uae and switch the port mode to "joy-1 & joy-2" in the options dialog.
- left analog pad emulates the mouse movement. You can speed-up the mouse movement in the options dialog.
- CROSS - joystick button 1
- CIRCLE - joystick button 2
- SQUARE - mouse button 1
- TRIANGLE - mouse button 2
- SELECT + right analog pad - center screen
- The program reads uae.cfg during startup. In this configuration file you should specify all required parameters (memory size, kick rom, initial floppy disk files, cpu core, chipset etc.)
- Files (kickrom, adf files) are accesible from either cdfs:/ or mass:/ paths.
- provide usb_mass and usbd irx modules in the host:/ or cdfs:/ path to initialize the mass:/ path during startup.
This build is the result of my curiosity wether the uae could be compilable
under ps2dev environment and how well will it perform. Unfortunatelly the PS2 is not capable (well, at least not in this port.. to run Amiga emulation at full speed with no-frame-skip and sound enabled. The sound emulation takes about 30% of the proccessor time (of the ps2) so it is better to turn it off.
If you really want to go with sound enabled, then suitable settings are
8 for processor speed and 2 for frame skip. Have fun!
UAE team, ps2dev team.
PS2 UAE for PS2 0.8.25 - AGA chipset
Amiga Emulator on the Playstation 2 platform