XMB Manager Plus 2017 - Release 1
More Screenshots: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2nl4w1ggwfpyxcm/AADG7ySzFs3extuQ5WneJVTPa?dl=0
- What is this?
- What is Childproof Mode?
- No PKG file? How can I install this?
- How can I uninstall this?
> What is this?
It's a nice menu with shortcuts to various stuff in Game category menu in XMB. In short: it's a simple Cross Media Bar hack.
XMBM+ 2K17 is just yet another unofficial fork of XMB Manager Plus made by whole Team XMBM+ years ago and later modded by Aldostools. What's different in 2017 release? I have corrected, added or updated some descriptions, changed positions of some menus.
All icons (except save data icons) is now read from dev_hdd0 instead of RCO from dev_flash and all of them is "rebugified" to match Rebugification PlayStation 3 theme (but any other skin like i.e Metalification can be easily add in future).
Also I have integrated Custom Firmware Tools, WebMAN/WebMAN Mod settings menu from full versions, Plugin Switcher Manager (with few pre-configurations) and XMB Package Downloader (but in "mini version": no themes, wallpapers and game links, no per app icon).
I have removed all old internet website links and added Childproof Mode option which disabling any potentially harmful options.
> What is Childproof Mode?
This option permanently disabling:
- File Manager - because user can deleting files and folders from any mounted device/fs
- Plugin Manager Switcher - because user can deleting boot_plugins.txt
- Custom Firmware Tools - because user can kill console using improperly
1. Obviously, a PS3 with installed any modern CFW (like i.e Rebug 4.81.1).
2. User must have installed and active WebMAN or WebMAN Mod for some of the options (all for WebMAN menu, Plugin Switcher Manager, XMB Package Downloader and few in other places).
3. Also Custom Firmware Tools must be active (turn it on in Rebug Toolbox on Rebug CFW or add custom xai_plugin to boot_plugins.txt). Without it, almost all options in Custom Firmware Tools will not be working, resulting in console forced restart + mandatory file system checking/repairing.
> No PKG file? How can I install this?
I don't like PKG format and in this case is even completely useless. It's sufficient to use file manager or FTP client.
1. Copy "xmb" folder info "dev_hdd0/".
2. Be sure to have installed and active xai_plugin and webmanmod.
3. Got to "dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/" and make backup of files:
4. Copy all "xmb/flash/*.xml" to "dev_blind/vsh/resource/explore/xmb/".
Or if You don't like my Game and Network category, edit them herself adding below node in proper place:
<Query class="type:x-xmb/folder-pixmap" key="xmb_manager_plus" src="xmb://localhost/dev_hdd0/xmb/xmb_manager_plus.xml#xmb_manager_plus"/>
5. Restart PS3.
> How can I uninstall this?
Delete or change name of "dev_hdd0/xmb/" and restore Your backuped XML.
Or just reinstall Your CFW.
- - -
Special thanks for:
- Team XMBM+ for gigantic work of original XMBM+
- DeanK and Aldostools for hard work on WebMAN and WebMAN Mod.
- DeViL303 for help with Sony's XMB XML syntax.
I hope You will enjoy.
PS3 XMB Manager Plus 2017 Release #2
Mod of old XMB Manager Plus, extened by new features.