4.76 REBUG REX / D-REX "in near future" says evilsperm

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 29, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 29, 2015 at 9:19 PM
  1. 5,564
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Could we be seeing a new REBUG firmware soon? According to evilsperm that may be the case as the team has obtained 4.76 DEX states evilsperm via twitter, Team Rebug member says we should expect a new 4.76 REBUG REX / D-REX firmware in the near future. That is exciting news for users of REBUG CFW, but as history has shown the previous releases of REBUG REX / D-REX has prompted Sony firmware updates. Was this by coincidence or will we be seeing a new Sony update following Rebug? [break]ss[/break] Stay tuned to psx-place for the latest coverage and updates as this news matures.

Red_Scorpion_3_sml.png
    Twitter - Evilsperm: December 28
    [HR][/HR]
    Rebug.PNG
    [HR][/HR] Thanks to [MENTION=1911]xiaoyang[/MENTION] for the news alert

Source:
    Twitter (EvilSperm)

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 29, 2015.

1. KaozHG
      KaozHG
      :onfire: anxious.
    2. Grim Doe
      Grim Doe
      I'll be looking at for this
      Sweet !
    3. Redemp
      Redemp
      :ttree dance:
    4. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      Too bad a new version will be needed when Sony updates ofw 2 days after its release...
    5. jonaaa
      jonaaa
      We hope not, looking forward on this :)
    6. DeviousShadow
      DeviousShadow
      I think Sony has someone always watching what Rebug does. It's really hard to say that it's pure coincidence that a new OFW update is always hot on the heels of a new Rebug CFW. Let's hope they wait more than 48 hours this time.

That said, I'm sure there will soon come a time when Sony is no longer interested in supporting the PS3 in any fashion, so there's always that to look forward to.
    7. epicboy
      epicboy
      I don't get why would they even do that?
    8. jonaaa
      jonaaa
      That's a good question...
    9. bguerville
      bguerville
      Maybe because the important thing is what it is all made to look like. In the end they can claim they are never beaten... When they clearly are because yes it's a pain having to update every bru & release new cfw but how long does it take? A few days or weeks at most... They are sore losers & I feel like it's a message they are sending more than anything else. To the hackers but also to the users & general public...

Sent with Tapatalk
    10. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      they will eventually figure out that allowing people to jailbreak the device, actually will draw customers.
    11. zeromant
      zeromant
      imagine if the guys from fail0verflow get SteamOS running on PS4... obviously this will increase the sales (although on 1.76OFW consoles :()
    12. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Steam OS is basically modified Debian with some security added.
    13. youwish
      youwish
      Since 4.76 was just a number change, I'm still on 4.75.3 updated with Cobra 7.2. Really looking forward, though, to optical disc access via DEX. TYVM, mysis!
    14. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Dex don't have access to optical discs?
    15. Zwei
      Zwei
      [MENTION=2]STLcardsWS[/MENTION]
      Official – Rebug 4.76.1-REX/D-REX– Cobra 7.2 – Toolbox 2.02.08 – Jan 10th. 2016
      [MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION]
      tranks
    16. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Not before the Mysis patch
    17. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      So DEX had a lot restrictions before.. I didn't knew about half of them.
    18. Joonie
      Joonie
      what do you mean by optical disc access, I tested my game discs and bd movies while on DEX which also written in the note..

mysis's new plugin has an access to override SFO on optical discs. That's the only thing I can think of, and this has NOTHING to do with DEX.
    19. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I think he was referring to the patch on DEX to allow BD movie playback