4.78 Starbucks + COBRA v7.30 by Habib

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 12, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 12, 2016 at 8:19 PM
  1. 5,041
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

{UPDATE - FEB.16) The new COBRA V7.30 has arrived and its included in Habib's latest cfw release 4.78 STARBUCKS (COBRA), comes equipped with the latest version of COBRA (v7.30). With this latest version of Cobra developer's Habib & Mysis were able to finally eliminate some of the limitation and annoyances in Cobra's PS2emu, such as the controller sync issue when launching PS2ISO from the XMB's disc icon. While habib himself provided a workaround using the PS2 Launcher, this bug has finally been squashed. There was also some other changes in this update to Cobra's PS2emu [break]ss[/break] that should improve the overall experience. Habib firmware comes with his usual patches and features such as OtherOS compatibility & CINAVIA patches, view all the details of this firmware in the release details provided by developer habib.

4.78Cobra.PNG
    CFW ReleaseCFW TypeDeveloper4.78 CFW/AppsDownload

MD5 Checksum: 9B98D2D57129838E3A2F5CAF78F2ED75 - USE ANY CFW AT YOUR OWN RISK
    [HR][/HR]Download(s)

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 12, 2016.

1. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      Nice always happy to see a release from [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION]. Thanks for your hard work bud.
    2. Zwei
      Zwei
      [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION]

awesome
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      It's amazing what is still being done for the PS3. It's also great to see devs working together in unison to tackle problems that seemed lost. Great work to all involved.
    4. y0urh34d
      y0urh34d
      I hope this solves my data disc issue, nonetheless, a good release as always
    5. self_slaughter
      self_slaughter
      67 KB/s! Don't everyone all download it at once or anything. :D

Your timing couldn't be better, Getting right into my psx/ps2 games again and thanks to my hdd being force formatted on me it's a perfect time to try change my setup.
      Thanks for the time / effort put into this.
    6. xiaoyang
      xiaoyang
      [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION]
      thank you
    7. E7ite
      E7ite
      does anyone know where i can download Cobra 7.3?
    8. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      in the first post
    9. psydefx
      psydefx
      thank you habib. will install tonight. cant wait to play some ps2 isos on ps3. ive been busy lately on my ps2 with hddosd
    10. psydefx
      psydefx
      thanks habib. 4.46 cfw users have no reason to not update now
    11. E7ite
      E7ite
      I don't want to have to download the whole firmware though
    12. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      other then this Cobra 7.30 has not been released yet
    13. reiyu
      reiyu
      quick question, if i have a semi-BC PS3, would cobra activate for PS2 emulation or even half activate to help out with PS2 emulation at all?
    14. reiyu
      reiyu
      quick question, if i have a semi-BC PS3, would cobra activate for PS2 emulation or even half activate to help out with PS2 emulation at all?
    15. Omage
      Omage
      Can release src? I would like compile to DEX
    16. blazinsmokey
      blazinsmokey
      According to the notes of the release, no it wouldn't because it already works without it.

If you didn't see it, it's quoted below.

17. reiyu
      reiyu
      yeah, i saw it, but was still confused if the the semi-bc PS3 would benefit from the cobra features, maybe emulate better/load faster?
    18. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      You can't, cobra binary is compatibile only with this firmware. For other cfw recompilation or hashes editing is needed. Also habib using his fork :)p) of ps2_netemu that you also need.
    19. E7ite
      E7ite
      Dang what a bummer for me lol. I guess i have to patiently wait like the rest