PS3 4.81 FERROX COBRA (7.3) CFW by Alexander [UPDATED v1.01+ Released]

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 2, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 2, 2016 at 7:18 PM
  1. 5,715
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Update [November 20 2016] Version 1.01+ Released (Bug Fix Cobra now fully operational)

Following the release 4.81 FERROX Standard Edition CFW, Alexander has now put the finishing touches on 4.81 FERROX COBRA (7.3) CFW. This firmware comes with all the features of the Standard Edition plus has Cobra v7.3 and all the features like plugin support on boot, ISO support for PS3/PS2/PSP ect, NetISO Support (network loading/streaming of games and movies with ps3netsrv) . Checkout out the full details from Alexander..

FERROX_COBRA_4.81.PNG
    Official Support Forum for FERROX CFW: cybermodding.it

• (Google Translation)

UPDATE v1.01 & v1.01+

After considering the reports of some users, alexander updated version 1.01. Console on some fact was not syncing the controller to 'start, if you turn on the console via the Wireless Controller in the same mode. In fact, using the cable, or turning on with POWER button, the problem would not show up. Well, the problem was solved. This problem had previously seen on some firmware. The problem was in the TAR. On the advice of Developer Habib, and Evilnat collaboration, here we give the revision 1.01+

CHANGELOG v1.01 +
      • Fixed the Controller to sync Boot via the Wireless Controller for PS button.
      • Fixed XMB InGame.

We thank the users and developer who helped Test. If you aiutassimo more often at each other in the PS3 scene, between Developer and Tester, it would be a different story. Special thanks to Atreyu and Kozárov by PSX-Place site, for testing on older FAT Console. A big thank you also to our @mizio90 for the 'Installer. It must be said that the new version of the CFW was ready already for a while, but I did make late because of the 'Installer
      Thanks Habib and Evilnat for your cooperation to fixed the Controller's question.

• This version does NOT have the Mod Graphics you saw in FERROX 4.80. However it will be added later, releasing a separate version, or a simple package.

The Developer Alexander tells us that the Source Code of its Porting COBRA will be available soon in its Github.​

FEATURES:
      • Built on the basis of 'OFW 4.81 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Update from any possibility of CFW (CEX).
      • Ability to Upgrade from OFW 3.55.
      • Ability to Downgrade from any CFW with QA active Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - Added COBRA PATCH 7.30!
      • FEATURE - Compatibility PS2 games.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the 'latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Bypass Screen Console sufferers RSOD.
      • FEATURE - 4.81 Key to start games signed with 4.81 keys.
      • FEATURE - app_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB Support In-Game Screenshots.
      • FEATURE - Support Remote Play.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager, replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched to remove the LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the CoreOS Hash Check to prevent Brick Console Downgradate non-Dehashed.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message to Boot.
      • PATCH - Disabled Cinavia protection.
      FEATURES COBRA:
      • Loading Plugin to Boot automatically, through boot_plugins.txt File to 'internal dev_hdd0
      • Support for ISO PS3
      • Support for ISO PS2
      • Support for ISO PSX
      • Support for ISO PSP
      • Support for ISO DVD
      • Support for ISO BluRay
      • Support for ISO Splittate on Fat32 Devices
      • Support for NTFS formatted devices (dear External Hard Disk)
      • NetISO support (Ps3netsrv) PS3-BD-DVD-PSX ISO / CUE / BIN

• TEST PERFORMED:
      These are the tests carried out by us on the console in our possession.

• INSTALLING THE CFW:
      • Download the CFW at the bottom. Rename the File .pup exactly: PS3UPDAT.PUP and confrontatene the 'MD5 with what you find at the bottom! You can use the Tool md5sums.

• Take a USB FAT32 formatted, and create a new folder called PS3, inside this create another 'other still called UPDATE, and inside latter' inseriteci the PS3UPDAT.PUP File, which would be the custom firmware.

• Insert the USB in the far right of the PS3 port.

• Be sure to: Remove any disc from the player Ps3, Remove any games loaded with any Manager, Disable Internet Connection.

• Ok. You can choose to install the CFW from the XMB or from Recovery.

• On the XMB will just go into 'Settings' column, then 'System Upgrade' and choose 'With storage media'. Select the CFW and will start the process.

• To enter Recovery Instead, turn off the console. Turn it back on by holding down the Power button until the console is turned off again. Now turn it back on by holding down the Power button until you hear two beeps very close. Then release the Power button! Recovery time from the menu, select 'System Update' and follow the instructions.

• For a clean installation, you can install 2 times the CFW. You can also go back into Recovery and click Options for Rebuilding the Database and Restore the System File. So you'll have a setup more than clean and safe.

Download (v1.01+): 4.81 FERROX [COBRA v7.3) CFW
    Md5: a90225408ba549db8102177100e3083c​
    DOWNLOAD v1.00 4.81 FERROX COBRA 7.3 CFW
    v1.00 MD5:
    cfa9e3e52c164251c3d96dc1cc6e8d17

Source: cybermodding.it/

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Joonie
      Joonie
      @Alexander you forgot to add syscall 6-7-8-9-10 on your 4.81 COBRA...

I can't load anything without stage2 loaded due to missing CFW syscalls in lv2..

Although you added habib's stage0... which makes it a bit pointless when there is no standard mode support.
      T.A.U, Alexander, aldostools and 2 others like this.
    2. bguerville
      bguerville
      @Joonie
      Are you saying that Habib stage0 only becomes useful if stage2 is disabled?
      Do you mind elaborating a tiny bit? [emoji6]
    3. Joonie
      Joonie
      habib's stage0_base payload was introduced with COBRA 7.01 If my memory serves right, we discovered that stage1 was not cleared properly when stage2 was not loaded, although stage2 itself clears stage1 after loaded, so he thought it would be a lot cleaner for standard mode without stage1 being loaded in ram.
      T.A.U, STLcardsWS, aldostools and 2 others like this.
    4. bguerville
      bguerville
      Cheers man for the explanation, it all makes sense now...
    5. aldostools
      aldostools
      It seems that the issue reported with IRISMAN not loading games when Cobra is disabled is related to this fault :(

Anyway here is a new round of tools that need to be tested in 4.81 before official release.
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/IRISMAN_TEST481.pkg
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/Mamba_PRX_Loader_481.pkg
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/webMAN_MOD_1.45.02_Updater.pkg
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/faniso_4.81.rar

It would be nice to receive feedback if they work or not, with some description of the test scenario.

Also here is an updated PS3 Tools Coollection including 4.81 keys and small updates :)
      http://aldostools.org/temp/test/install_ps3tools_4.8.1.exe

IMPORTANT: run the installer as Administrator. If having issues, try turning off DEP.

Your AV may report it as virus or malware. This is due the way PKG_ContentID.exe associates to several file extensions (including Directory), and the AV believes it's trying to take control of Windows in a malicious way.

Please, do not ask for a change log... I don't have one.
      Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
      T.A.U, Zoilus, STLcardsWS and 6 others like this.
    6. Drag
      Drag
      Can anyone confirm if it's working pspiso games?
      Ferrox 4.80 cobraa didn't work in pspiso, pkg remaster, minis ...
    7. pinky
      pinky
      maybe the new drm patch? there was new drm introduced on like 4.70 or so. it's for psp games. I'm not sure if that's integrated with cobra now though which it could be.
    8. Drag
      Drag
      Thank you for your reply
    9. Alexander
      Alexander
      thanks for the feedback, I had not noticed, as the cobra was working properly. I will release the version with the patch during the day.
      T.A.U, joff1234 and Joonie like this.
    10. jonnyjaeger
      jonnyjaeger
      Thanks for the release @Alexander! Will await your new version.
      @Joonie Are you guys working on a Rebug 4.81? :)
    11. Joonie
      Joonie
      nope, I am waiting for DEX 4.81 :) until then I don't think I will work on it,

@habib should work on his new COBRA 7.31 soon though
    12. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I remember a long while back they added like 10-15 certs and I didn't hear of any bans from spoofing then but maybe there looking at other things now.
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      I would rather wait for a full Rebug release as well... Take your time @Joonie... Even better with Cobra 7.3x...[emoji4]
      Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
      Badboy likes this.
    14. Assmunch
      Assmunch
      I've installed this over the latest Rebug on a 2001a ps3. Now blu Ray movies no longer show up in the xmb when inserted. I haven't tried a PS3 disc as this PS3 is only used as a blu Ray player and for streaming video. My question is if I downgrade to 3.55, QA flag, dehash and go back to Rebug should the drive start working again? Is there anything I should do/try first before downgrading? Thanks.
    15. LizZo
      LizZo
      Hi Aldo,
      i am testing IrisMAN and webMAN MOD on the Test Build of FERROX COBRA with LV2 Fixes suggested by Joonie.

Here everything is working fine. :)
      BTW, before now i was testing FERROX with webMAN MOD v1.45.00, and that version too was fully working, althought it hasn't support for 4.81 Firmware.
      T.A.U, bguerville and aldostools like this.
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      If it was working fine before updating, why don't you just downgrade to Rebug 4.80.1 directly from XMB with the REX PUP & test your BD player then before trying anything else...?
    17. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      That it is my good sir, that it is. The best damn Coollection I've encountered, I know I'll be testing this out as soon as I can. :)
      STLcardsWS, ricardo and aldostools like this.
    18. aldostools
      aldostools
      Thank you for your feedback. Old backup managers should work because they detect 4.81 as 4.75 due the lv2 offsets are almost identical. The problem could be with Mamba not working due the new hashes for explore_plugin, VSH and emus.
      T.A.U, STLcardsWS and bguerville like this.
    19. Joonie
      Joonie
      @Alexander you should check your ps2 stage source too,, I confirmed that one for gxemu was broken, tested on my CECHE01.

There is no update on 4.81, so you should use the same one from 4.80..
      T.A.U, Alexander and bguerville like this.
    20. Assmunch
      Assmunch

I didn't know that I could go down in firmware versions without going to 3.55 first. If so, I'll do that. And yes it was working fine before, that's it's main use. Only reason I updated was to continue to use PS Vue and Hulu on this PS3.