PS3 4.81 OVERFLOW CFW Collection ( Standard CEX / NO-BD / COBRA 7.3 / DualBoot)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Bobby_Downgrades, Nov 5, 2016.

By Bobby_Downgrades on Nov 5, 2016 at 3:15 PM
  1. 112
    Bobby_Downgrades

Bobby_Downgrades Developer

Home Page:
    Bobby_Downgrade has been making custom firmware recently and the developer has been adding some unique touches to his custom firmware. He released 4 types of CFW releases for 4.81, 4.81 OVERFLOW Standard (CEX), 4.81 OVERFLOW Standard (NO-BD), 4.81 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3) and 4.81 OVERFLOW Dualboot. Just to note some of the features found in this CEX-CFW (excluding Dualboot): Running fselfs as native (runs dex/debug files like eboots), Both dex and cex packages supported, Also updates messages have been alerted to warn CFW user's better for accidental firmware updates. Plus various other unique features you can find in this collection of Custom Firmware for 4.81 .
    -STLcardsWS

feature-PS3-Slim-Closeup.jpg

• Overflow 4.81 V1 Standard CEX edition
      NOTE: Packages such as ccapi and multiman have not been updated to work with 4.81 at the time of this release.

IMPORTANT NOTE
      :Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy just incase.

Features
      Built from 4.81 ofw
      NOT built with MFW-builder !!!
      LV0- All security checks disabled
      LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
      LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
      LV1- Added Peek & Poke
      Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
      Lv1- ACL checks removed
      LV2- Added syscalls
      LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
      Games with 4.81 keys and lower will start
      RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
      Not added app/home
      Added option to xmb Install Packages with 3 paths (USB or HDD or download to usb)
      Warning message disabled for faster boot time
      Update from any cex cfw up to 4.81 and 3.55 ofw
      Added warning messages with update from internet to stop losing jailbreak
      QA flagged
      Both dex and cex packages supported
      Full react psn compatability
      Visual updated
      Cinavia protection disabled both disc and hard drive
      Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
      Remote play supported
      in-game screenshots supported
      psp drm checks disabled
      Removed annoying singstar icon
      runs fselfs as native (runs dex/debug files like eboots)
      added option to download packages from whats new in psn column
      (update list is updated as and when new packages become available)​

Tested Consoles:

• CECH-A00
      • CECH-A01
      • CECH-C03
      • CECH-G04
      • CECH-L04
      • CECH-2003a
      • CECH-2503b

• Overflow 4.81 v2 Dual Boot
      • Patched spu_pkg_rvk_verifier.self and isoldr
      • Based on an idea from habib, thanks to him.
      • This cfw lets you install and play games on psn from disc
      • with no risk of getting banned, at any time you can install cfw 4.81 or a downgrader, to go back to real cfw.

• Overflow 4.81 v3 No Bd

NOTE: Packages such as ccapi and multiman have not been updated to work with 4.81 at the time of this release.
      IMPORTANT NOTE: Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy just incase.

Features
      **This cfw allows you to install onto a ps3 with no blu ray drive or an un married drive.**
      * Built from 4.81 ofw
      * NOT built with MFW-builder !!!
      * LV0- All security checks disabled
      * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
      * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
      * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
      * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
      * Lv1- ACL checks removed
      * LV2- Added syscalls
      * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
      * Games with 4.81 keys and lower will start
      * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
      * Not added app/home
      * Added option to xmb Install Packages with 3 paths (USB or HDD or download to usb)
      * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
      * Update from any cex cfw up to 4.81 and 3.55 ofw
      * Added warning messages with update from internet to stop losing jailbreak
      * QA flagged
      * Both dex and cex packages supported
      * Full react psn compatability
      * Visual updated
      * Cinavia protection disabled both disc and hard drive
      * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
      * Remote play supported
      * ingame screenshots supported
      * psp drm checks disabled
      * Removed annoying singstar icon
      * runs fselfs as native (runs dex/debug files like eboots)
      * added option to download packages from whats new in psn column
      (update list is updated as and when new packages become available)

Tested Console:
      • CECH-A00
      • CECH-A01
      • CECH-C03
      • CECH-G04
      • CECH-L04
      • CECH-2003a
      • CECH-2503b

• Overflow 4.81 V5 Cobra CEX edition
      NOTE: Packages such as ccapi and multiman have not been updated to work with 4.81 at the time of this release, but you can use multiman.
      IMPORTANT NOTE: Ccapi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy just incase.

Features
      * Built from 4.81 ofw
      * NOT built with MFW-builder
      * LV0- All security checks disabled
      * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
      * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
      * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
      * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
      * Lv1- ACL checks removed
      * LV2- Added syscalls
      * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
      * Patched download plugin to support pkg downloads (also makes cfw compatible with XMBPD and webman pkg manager)
      * Games with 4.81 keys and lower will start
      * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
      * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
      * Update from any cex cfw up to 4.81 and 3.55 ofw
      * Both dex and cex packages supported
      * Full react psn compatability
      * Visual updated
      * Cinavia protection disabled both disc and hard drive
      * Remote play supported
      * ingame screenshots supported
      * psp drm checks disabled
      * Cobra 7.3 added (Fixed an issue with ps2emu since v4)
      * Not added app/home
      * Added option to xmb Install Packages with 3 paths (USB or HDD or download to usb)
      * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
      * Webman integrated (fan control turned off as default to stop any fan ramp after install)
      * Removed annoying singstar icon
      * Runs fselfs as native (runs dex/debug files like eboots)
      * added option to download packages from whats new in psn column
      * Added warning messages with update from internet to stop new users losing jailbreak

Tested Console:
      • CECH-A00
      • CECH-A01
      • CECH-C03
      • CECH-G04
      • CECH-L04
      • CECH-2003a
      • CECH-2503b

Here is the download for v5 cobra:
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/6c677p7ar4vydba/Overflow_4.81_v5_Cobra_CEX.rar

Here is 7.3 cobra source 4.81, cex and release version only.
      It has been edited to fully compile on windows. (Needs psdk3v2 with ps3dev2 also SDK3.60 no edits)​
      http://www.mediafire.com/file/5so7cek9m3mrkqh/4.81_cobra_7.3_cex_release_only-_for_windows.rar

• Big shout out to @0_obeWAN for being a great guy.
      Also thanks to @haxxxen studying his cobra payload 7.1 helped
      me to understand how to compile the full payload on windows.​

Downloads

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by Bobby_Downgrades, Nov 5, 2016.

1. GregoryRasputin
      GregoryRasputin
      ADMIN EDIT: CID IMAGE REMOVED - AS THIS IS INDIRECTLY ADVERTISING HIS SERVICE.

[​IMG]
      Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
      Sdw100, Bereuza, STLcardsWS and 2 others like this.
    2. Alexander
      Alexander
      Greg! how are you doing? hahaha
      GregoryRasputin likes this.
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Have you fully tested on PS2 BC systems? None of the ones tested so far PS2 doesn't work
    4. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Great, they are back in stock. fair play to him. Thanks for letting us know ;). 20 seems cheap for dismantling and dumping, i would charge more. :-p
      Bobby_Downgrades likes this.
    5. GregoryRasputin
      GregoryRasputin
      And there i was thinking you would be actually bright enough to be able to get your own o_O
    6. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I'm bright enough to not need one in the first place. ;)
      GregoryRasputin likes this.
    7. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I have four after my first ban back on 3.41 but no need to run one since. My girlfriend's going to end up getting me banned she disables syscalls then right to Movian. I mean seriously come on!! I would lose so many PS4 games. PS3 & Vita I can fix but I don't want to. I have literally more games then I should have so I have started a new account for her, disable syscalls upon boot and use a different IDPS.
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Please do not just post links to CFW with no other details.
    9. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      sorry, inside each download is a txt document with a full breakdown of each cfw version, as each version is different I didn't post them all.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    10. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      I have tested the cfw on a cech-a00 but not the ps2 games, cobra payload runs ok but not tested ps2 games, If you could and let me know the outcome I would be greatful.
    11. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      You have to help everyone even the noobs who can't get their own cids
      DeViL303 likes this.
    12. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I agree, I don't see what his problem is or how that tweet from 18 months ago has any relevance to your latest CFW releases, he is just whinging as he loves ranting and drama :). I don't see him advertising free cids. :)

Not everyone has the skills to do it themselves, and it takes time and skill so it is a "job", So for me my time + my skill = money. Simple as that for me. 20 pound is reasonable for the amount of work involved.

Nice of him to advertise for you all the same. As they say there is no such thing as bad advertising. :)

If anyone here has a problem with my comment why don't YOU start buying dead consoles, then dismantling them and dumping and then giving away free cids on twitter/facebook?? :-p
      Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
      Bobby_Downgrades likes this.
    13. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades

Totally agree with you 100% :)
    14. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Would make much more sense for you to add the release notes, then for someone else to download 4 pups for the .txt docs. I think 4 txt docs is much smaller then 4 pups :) .. Also one should always post the release details, because its online then. Links disappear, get re-uploaded with no details. So having a person post with the details does help out alot.

Also can we stop with the CID discussion and the sale of them as this violates the site rules:http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-rules-guidelines.79/

@GregoryRasputin i removed the CID image as it was becoming a billboard for his service throughout the thread in several post,
      DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    15. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades

I have added the release notes for each version into the main post.
      STLcardsWS, DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    16. Alexander
      Alexander
      @Bobby_Downgrades Yes, I used my porting PSL1GHT. I checked dozens of times and there are no errors in the payload. Apparently, says Joonie, it seems that MinGW is not able to successfully create the ps2emu_stage2 it, then you get a buggy version that does not let you start at the retro bc. So useless that I'm going crazy, I'll get rid of windows, and will compile all under Fedora.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      A few questions about the standard CEX

Is this correct on a Standard CEX?
      Any additional details on this you can provide

Enhanced?

What kind of warnings?

Download to usb?

both on this standard cex?
      DeViL303 likes this.
    18. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades

Yes fself files such as eboots will run, It's very simple really, the lv0 returns a no to dex game files when they run (eboots), so my lv0 returns yes which allows cex to run a dex file, then it's just a case of patching out the loading errors such as 017 and 009 which are caused later on in the loading process,

The packages available for download are some packages such as psn patch, ps ninja and some packages made by myself such as an xmb editor and the toolbox for my cfw and also a spoofer pkg that i release for cfw users on my cfw,

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by enhanced remote play, The conventional patches have been made to support remote play including from disc,

I have removed the "update via internet" with "Do not update via internet !" and also replaced the "There has been a system update would you like to update now" with "Sony has released a new update, if you update online you will lose your jailbreak, do you want to lose your jailbreak", this is to stop noobs losing their jb,

Yes, the download option in the install packages will allow the user to download pkgs from the same update list as whats new only it will download the pkg to usb, helpful for people who do not use a pc/laptop, younger users i guess,

The nas plugin has been patched to allow installation of pkgs signed both as debug and npdrm, not that anyone who makes homebrew bothers officially signing their pkgs anymore lol,
      STLcardsWS and DeViL303 like this.
    19. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades

I am fairly certain that the problem in both of our cfws is the stage2.bin,
      The reason I think this is I have been playing around with my cfw, your cfw and spy cfw,
      seems spy cfw is using the rebug 4.80.1 ps2emu files but with a different stage2 (possibly the same but just hashes changed i guess),
      it's strange how both of our stage2.bin files do not work correctly with ps2emu and both were compiled on windows,
      I would say (in 4.80 stage2) to just change hashes in stage2.bin and compile but using fedora and I'm sure it will correct this problem,
      I am going to look into what causes the compilation problem and if I make any progress I will send you my findings.
      DeViL303 likes this.