PS3 4.81 playerkp420 COBRA 7.3

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 4, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Nov 4, 2016 at 11:57 PM
  1. 5,041
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following Playerkp420 4.81 Dualboot Firmware & 4.81 Standard CEX, The developer has released his first Cobra CFW. This release contains all the feature within the standard build and also provides the Cobra v7.3 payload, which gives us various features such as background loading plugins, ISO, NetISO support and much more.

M8NA9Vs.jpg

• I am proud to share with you my 4.81 CFW with Cobra 7.3.

This CFW has the same patches and features as my NON COBRA Release, but also has Cobra 7.3 added to it!
      Features & Patches:
      • All features of Cobra 7.3 added.
      • LV1 & LV2 Peek&Poke
      • Patch core OS Hash check core os for 4.xx // product mode always on
      • LV1 to allow mapping of any memory area
      • Skip all ACL Checks
      • Disable System Integrity Check
      • Patch Update Manager to enable QA (if qa flag already set before install, or set flag with 4.xx toggle qa app)
      • Removed ECDSA
      • Install Packages & App/Home
      • IN GAME SCREEN SHOT
      • ReactPSN ONLINE/OFFLINE, run apps unsigned & more!
      • Disabled epilepsy message
      • Removed and patched wait for coldboot view sleep for turbo boot to XMB.
      • Remote Play & Make Remote Play SFO Flag obsolete.
      • ENFORCED ORIGINAL GAMEBOOT ANIMATION.
      • Disable Cinavia Protection
      • Alphabetical sort for game column.
      • Waves & PSN Icons changed.
      • XMB CFW Settings in Network Column.
      • RSOD Bypass.

DOWNLOAD: Playerkp420 4.81 Cobra 7.3.
    MD5 = 0C83615D5B739F4CB7E764DBFB135232

Source: ps3hax.net

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
    tonybologna, T.A.U, szunyi84 and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Nov 4, 2016.

1. jonnyjaeger
    2. pinky
      pinky
      indeed. I hope to release a pinky cfw at some point and make everything pink. /jk. :-p
      ricardo and Fuzion9 like this.
    3. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      @users There are a few missing icons on the in-game XMB in this CFW.

You can try to figure out which ones and how to fix it or you can simply use my Launchpad v0.15 installer instead as it includes a patch. :-p
      Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
      ricardo and Bobby_Downgrades like this.
    4. Domain
      Domain
      this cfw is great but there is a little bug... when you turn the console ON by the controller the ps3 wont sync with the controller ... is there a way to fix this ? or this only happen to me ?
      jonnyjaeger and DeViL303 like this.
    5. johtaja
      johtaja
      Happens to me also.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    6. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I have also had this controller sync bug with this FW. thought it was just me/my system so didn't mention it til now.
    7. dquestagod
      dquestagod
      PLEASE FIX THIS BUG. THIS FIRMWARE IS PRETTY TIGHT!! I LIKE COLDBOOT AND GAMEBOOT ACTION GOING ON IN THERE. THANKS!!
    8. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      IMAG0233.jpg

It's showing as 4.75 and must be installed from the recovery menu using sen enabler to apply spoof resulted in me having to use my Hardware flasher to recover. I replace the vhhs self and all of the Cobra files from ferrox I could not access the recovery menu so I had to manually install a custom firmware. I used this vsh and Cobra ,73 dikes from this.

Ferrox 481 Cex cobra 1.01 Final 2 PSP Fix Apllied
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    9. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Multiman might be detecting it as 4.75 because it's old multiman that came out before the firmware, and alot of the files in this fw are almost identical to 4.75.

Btw, did you discover if it was this FW that caused you to have issues installing Bobby_Downgrades FW from the XMB. or was that a separate issue?
      Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
      bguerville likes this.
    10. Woheth
      Woheth
      Same bug here on both CECH-2101A and CECH-2501B. Anyway, a great CFW.
    11. bguerville
      bguerville
      It detects it as 4.75 because multiman has not been updated to deal with 4.81.
      A number of things have remained the same in cfw from 4.75 until now & as a result the fw version detection algorithm detects the version wrong. It was already the case with 4.80 which was also detected as 4.75 before Deank updated his multiman...
    12. dquestagod
      dquestagod
      done on CECHL01 and CECH2001A
    13. jonnyjaeger
      jonnyjaeger
      yeah definately a controller sync problem going on with this CFW. If you turn on with controller it won't sync. Turning on with power button and wait to push ps button it syncs fine.
      No biggie but if it can be fixed @playerkp420 it would be sweet.
    14. bguerville
      bguerville
      The same problem happens in Ferrox 4.81 v1.00. It has been fixed in the v1.01 release. @playerkp420 might update his CFW too...
    15. playerkp420
      playerkp420
      Yes, I am working on fixing the problems with my CFW. Making progress, but will have lots of testing to do.

If the controller sync problem doesn't magically fix itself from the other changes I am making. Does anyone know exactly where to look? Thanks.
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      The problem comes from the tar files permissions I believe.
      PUAD does not do a good job with those. You should maybe use another tool for the tar files.. EvilNAT is currently working on an update luckily.
      Check this post about Ferrox 4.81 v1.01.
      http://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/59635
      Have a look at post #72 as well in that thread. Not sure if the same issue exists in yours but just in case....
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
      ricardo and playerkp420 like this.
    17. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      The release post for ferrox 4.81 v1.01 points to a TAR problem.
      playerkp420 likes this.
    18. playerkp420
      playerkp420
      Thanks guys for the extremely fast answer.

I will need to figure this tar permissions thing out. That is something I haven't had much success with is repacking .PUP files with something else besides PUAD or MFW Builder.
    19. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      If problem exist after disabling cobra (rename stage2, reboot), then is probably tarball permissions problem (are you used 664/644 for all? or "fix_tar"?).

If problem is fixed when cobra is disabled, then tarballs are ok.
      Last edited: Nov 22, 2016