PS3 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA 7.40 CFW by Habib

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by habib, Dec 8, 2016.

By habib on Dec 8, 2016 at 3:46 AM
  1. 861
    habib

habib Developer

The PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware developer who has a focus on bringing new features to CFW is here with a new release for 4.81. Developer @habib has released 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA 7.40 CFW , with an updated COBRA payload that has some interesting advancements such as a new syscall (15) added to execute any LV2 Internal function, as habib explains this will allow devs to execute their own payload at a specific address. Other details and feature about Cobra 7.40 update can be seen in the "Cobra 7.40" tab. Other features such as Cinavia protection removed so you can digitalize your personal collection without intrusion this handles all content from HDD, BDMV & BDVD, Habib cover's the new additions in the details provided..
    -STLcardsWS​
    4.81_habib_Cobra_starbucks.png

• 4.81 STARBUCKS [w/ COBRA v7.40] CFW
      by @habib

CHANGELOG:
      1. MADE OUT OF 4.81 OFW
      2. HAVE INSTALL PACKAGE FILES AND APP_HOME
      3. HAVE reActPSN COMPATIBILITY
      4. PATCHED LV0 TO DISABLE ECDSA CHECK
      5. PATCHED LV2 TO ADD PEEK/POKE SUPPORT
      6. PATCHED LV1 TO DISABLE LV2 PROTECTION
      7. PATCHED LV1 TO ADD PEEK/ POKE SUPPORT
      8. IT CAN RUN GAMES SIGNED WITH KEYS UP TO 4.81
      9. CAN BE UPDATED OVER ANY CFW.
      10. CAN BE UPDATED OVER 3.55 OFW
      11. NOT ADDED NO BT/BD PATCHES
      12. RSOD BYPASS
      13. REACTPSN OFFLINE PATCH ADDED
      14. BETTER SYSTEM STABILITY
      15. REMOVED CINAVIA DRM FOR HDD CONTENT
      16. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDMV
      17. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDVD
      18. QA FLAG ENABLED BY DEFAULT IF PS3 WAS QA ON 3.55
      19. COBRA 7.40
      20. SYSTEM ACTS AS A COMPLETELY NORMAL CFW WHEN COBRA DISABLED
      21. FSELF COMPATIBILITY ADDED
      22. PATCHED DOWNLOAD PLUGIN FOR DEX PKGS(FOR E.G XMBPD)
      23. ENCHANCED REMOTE PLAY
      24. REMOTE PLAY SFO FLAG OBSOLETE
      25. NO EPILEPSY WARNING
      26. SYSCALL 15 ADDED TO EXECUTE ANY LV2 INTERNAL FUNCTION​
      UPDATE (v1.01) - day zero 1.01 update released.
      • fixed ps2 issue and whats new psn

wanna buy me cookie?

• COBRA 7.40 Changes:
      1. stage0_base updated for faster boot timings
      2. no more debug texts overwritten for devs
      3. syscall 15 added
      4. updates hashes to cobra internally​

UPDATE HASH:
      • Make a text file named hash_recheck.txt
      • inside the file put new hashes in format filename:hash per line(e.g vsh.self:a0000101002e6534)
      • paste this file at /dev_hdd0/hash_recheck.txt
      • reboot ps3 and then reboot again
      SYSCALL 15:
      • allows calling of any lv2 internal function like internal memcpy to dump lv2. e.g(memcpy(dst, source, size, symbol);)
      • this also allows developers to execute their own payload at an address e.g you paste payload at 0x3d98 and then execute through sc15
      • example has been attached with new include file named "sc10_15.h"
      OTHER CHANGES COMPARED:
      • with ALL the current cobra cfw released they have a stage0 bug which overwrites another function stack, which could cause instability
      • one i checked didnt had hdd cinavia patched, this has it done

Download: 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA v7.40
    MD5:15660d36c3aa5197c97c87643acdca3c

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by habib, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Malinka123
      Malinka123
      Will the new CFW with new features? I am very curious because recently I have a lot of comments here and I'm new. Great stuff would be good @habib
    2. anna
      anna
      Hi, I'm new here, I do not know much about ps3, but I like to play, and it would be fun to see these features listed in the comments in the new cfw. @habib will you do it? firing iso without psp lauchera with confing great thing, and other things, I also think that these functions are lacking in cfw.
    3. DEX357
      DEX357
      I forgot, CFW leaves things on other cfw. I will give a simple example, I installed PSP Launcher fixed [jjkkyu] (which does not work) with habib cobra, but adds changes for cfw in xmb in the form of ad hock / 3D. And after changing to another CFW, these entries have remained, the same as the transition from rebug to habib in the update directory, there are (2 additional update options) entries from the disk and another, but after returning to habib it stays but they do not work. So, the transition from cfw to another leaves some traces. And to remove these changes I had to make a full disk format and put a new CFW 4.81 starbucks.
    4. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Well yes, There are some Debug settings that will stick after you go back to CEX, as they are in the xregistry, you would need to do a system restore or switch back to DEX to change those, that is only thing that can stick really after a FW install, as its stored on dev_flash2.

As far as I know that PSP launcher is just a pkg on HDD, does not change flash or CFW.
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Lol, just looked at few latest posts, and by nicknames i can say that @habib cfw is very popular in my country. :)
      DEX357 and DeViL303 like this.
    6. DEX357
      DEX357
      Well, yes, you admit that the change of cfw to another always leaves something sometimes desirable and sometimes not. And sometimes things work and sometimes not. ;) So to the end what I said is not a full lie
      DeViL303 likes this.
    7. DEX357
      DEX357
      I just noticed it, apparently simple and automated CFW like in Poland: D (respects and supports) I'm also waiting for something cool to show.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    8. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Well yes, its partially true, but its not actually due to installing lots of CFW so that would be misleading to let people think that, its due to messing with xregistry settings while on DEX, then not restoring setting when going back to CEX, which is different issue but related to going from DEX to CEX. Its better to know exactly why then you know how to solve it.

Also I think system update debug can still work on habib if you are QA flagged, could be wrong about that though, never tried it. Maybe DEX sprx is required.
    9. DEX357
      DEX357
      I also think that the next option would be to block online updates. Because going on rebug and back to habib, the entry (online update) was a non-clickable ghost text, great option for noobis, definitely starbucks is for beginners and purists of originality.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    10. Wojak
      Wojak
      Great ideas fall here but will they be in CFW what has been mentioned in the thread? Program zar and kozarovv for config file for psp
    11. DEX357
      DEX357
      @Wojak calmly, habib said in March that soon it will take care of you have to wait.
    12. Wojak
      Wojak
      I am calm but a lot of time has passed and you can not see anything and you can not hear from @habib about the new CFW unless you do not want to do it :(
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      Habib is busy with life & school atm, if he doesn't answer, it just means he has nothing to add to the conversation. Afaik releasing a new cfw is not a priority on his agenda anyway.
      If/when he decides to write new Cobra features & release a new 4.82, news will be posted here. In the meantime, there is Rebug REX 4.82 to enjoy & we should all be grateful to Joonie for that.
      habib and DEX357 like this.
    14. T0ny
      T0ny
      So there will be no new functions for CFW listed in this thread, eg for the psp program which prepared kozarovv?
    15. Ali888
      Ali888
      it's July now and there isn't sign of new CFW (with PSP ISO mounting function) from @habib )':
    16. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      PSP ISO mounting function?
    17. DEX357
      DEX357
      it was a way to mount psp iso like ps2 without psp launcher, probably.
      Ali888 likes this.
    18. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      This not gonna happen.