PS3 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA 7.40 CFW by Habib

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by habib, Dec 8, 2016.

By habib on Dec 8, 2016 at 3:46 AM
  1. 346
    habib

habib Developer

The PlayStation 3 Custom Firmware developer who has a focus on bringing new features to CFW is here with a new release for 4.81. Developer @habib has released 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA 7.40 CFW , with an updated COBRA payload that has some interesting advancements such as a new syscall (15) added to execute any LV2 Internal function, as habib explains this will allow devs to execute their own payload at a specific address. Other details and feature about Cobra 7.40 update can be seen in the "Cobra 7.40" tab. Other features such as Cinavia protection removed so you can digitalize your personal collection without intrusion this handles all content from HDD, BDMV & BDVD, Habib cover's the new additions in the details provided..
    -STLcardsWS​
    4.81_habib_Cobra_starbucks.png

• 4.81 STARBUCKS [w/ COBRA v7.40] CFW
      by @habib

CHANGELOG:
      1. MADE OUT OF 4.81 OFW
      2. HAVE INSTALL PACKAGE FILES AND APP_HOME
      3. HAVE reActPSN COMPATIBILITY
      4. PATCHED LV0 TO DISABLE ECDSA CHECK
      5. PATCHED LV2 TO ADD PEEK/POKE SUPPORT
      6. PATCHED LV1 TO DISABLE LV2 PROTECTION
      7. PATCHED LV1 TO ADD PEEK/ POKE SUPPORT
      8. IT CAN RUN GAMES SIGNED WITH KEYS UP TO 4.81
      9. CAN BE UPDATED OVER ANY CFW.
      10. CAN BE UPDATED OVER 3.55 OFW
      11. NOT ADDED NO BT/BD PATCHES
      12. RSOD BYPASS
      13. REACTPSN OFFLINE PATCH ADDED
      14. BETTER SYSTEM STABILITY
      15. REMOVED CINAVIA DRM FOR HDD CONTENT
      16. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDMV
      17. REMOVED CINAVIA FOR BDVD
      18. QA FLAG ENABLED BY DEFAULT IF PS3 WAS QA ON 3.55
      19. COBRA 7.40
      20. SYSTEM ACTS AS A COMPLETELY NORMAL CFW WHEN COBRA DISABLED
      21. FSELF COMPATIBILITY ADDED
      22. PATCHED DOWNLOAD PLUGIN FOR DEX PKGS(FOR E.G XMBPD)
      23. ENCHANCED REMOTE PLAY
      24. REMOTE PLAY SFO FLAG OBSOLETE
      25. NO EPILEPSY WARNING
      26. SYSCALL 15 ADDED TO EXECUTE ANY LV2 INTERNAL FUNCTION​
      UPDATE (v1.01) - day zero 1.01 update released.
      • fixed ps2 issue and whats new psn

wanna buy me cookie?

• COBRA 7.40 Changes:
      1. stage0_base updated for faster boot timings
      2. no more debug texts overwritten for devs
      3. syscall 15 added
      4. updates hashes to cobra internally​

UPDATE HASH:
      • Make a text file named hash_recheck.txt
      • inside the file put new hashes in format filename:hash per line(e.g vsh.self:a0000101002e6534)
      • paste this file at /dev_hdd0/hash_recheck.txt
      • reboot ps3 and then reboot again
      SYSCALL 15:
      • allows calling of any lv2 internal function like internal memcpy to dump lv2. e.g(memcpy(dst, source, size, symbol);)
      • this also allows developers to execute their own payload at an address e.g you paste payload at 0x3d98 and then execute through sc15
      • example has been attached with new include file named "sc10_15.h"
      OTHER CHANGES COMPARED:
      • with ALL the current cobra cfw released they have a stage0 bug which overwrites another function stack, which could cause instability
      • one i checked didnt had hdd cinavia patched, this has it done

Download: 4.81 STARBUCKS COBRA v7.40
    MD5:15660d36c3aa5197c97c87643acdca3c

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by habib, Dec 8, 2016.

1. patrickd331
      patrickd331
      Bit of a noobie here but I will be getting a Dex system, will this still be okay to update?
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Nice work @habib

If you are noobie then don't buy DEX system. There is no pros, you will only pay 3-4 times more than you should. And you will never use any of feature strictly for DEX.

And no, this cfw is not for DEX system.
      bitsbubba and No0bZiLLa like this.
    3. ext10
      ext10
      Can i install this cfw? I get an error when installing from usb stick: An error occurred during the copy operation

I'm on REBUG_4.80.1_REX_
    4. pinky
      pinky
      the update gets copied to dev_hdd1 to prevent the usb stick from encountering any hiccups during the install. it sounds like ur usb stick is the culprit. it's failing at the copy step. u might try copying the game PS3UPDAT.PUP to the hdd via ftp, then installing with update_debug. it's part of qa flagging dev menu 1, so it should work on habib as well.
      Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
      crashpsycho and bitsbubba like this.
    5. emufan1
      emufan1
      Would that technique also work or be as worthwhile as remote play for " XMB In-Game Background Music" flag or would it have unwanted side-effects? The wiki does mention a new thread being created.

Activating the syscall to enable BGM from webman-mod crashes many games and running the sfo fix webman offers rewrites too much of the sfo and can break things also.

When I used an editor on the sfo and just limited it to toggling the flag, the worst that happened was it said BGM will play momentarily after I selected a song(it never did, but it didn't seem to break anything either). I only tested a handful of games though.
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    6. ext10
      ext10
      Sorry. I didn't get your answer. I'm not trying to copy a game. I'm trying to install the cfw, I put the .pup in formatted fat32 usb in PS3/UPDATE folder and i get the copy error.
    7. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      he is trying telling you to copy it (the pup not the game... im sure it is a typo and ill correct it) to the hdd via ftp. its actually easier imo to use ftp than to format and copy a file to a usb stick.

there are a few guides that you can find that will show you exactly how to do this. its pretty easy and pretty much straight forward.
      Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
      ext10, crashpsycho and bitsbubba like this.
    8. pinky
      pinky
      yes, I have a guide on how to do this.

@ext10 , have a look at pinky's ps3 tutorials. the guide is in there. it's under how to use update debug. update debug is under debug settings underneath network settings. when u click on debug settings, a new list of settings will appear. I think update debug is around the middle of the list iirc. not sure if I put it in my tutorials but u can actually have one folder with all updates instead of having 01, 02, etc. it works either way. good luck. we're here if u need further help with that. :)
      No0bZiLLa and ext10 like this.
    9. bguerville
      bguerville
      He has replied actually.
      He just told you that the pup gets copied to /dev_hdd1 before the firmware update takes place.
      He suggested correctly to start by using another USB key formatted in fat32 to perform the update.
      If you use a hdd instead of a key you may experience problems with firmware updates.
      Your problem may have another cause (like internal hdd, hardware or file system ssue) but this is the most likely & the first thing to check.

Btw I assume you are in CEX mode before attempting to update to habib cfw... Because if you are in DEX mode it won't work of course...
      Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
      ext10 likes this.
    10. pinky
      pinky
      I've got around 15 update pups on my hdd all the way from 3.55 to 4.80.1 rex. I have every rex cfw that's been released I believe. and, I have a downgrader pup which is useless now with qa flagging. ;)
      ext10 likes this.
    11. haxxxen
      haxxxen
      tbh, i have no idea. there is a patch for it i think (no syscall?), but i never have looked into it, cause this is not of my interest. you have to ask @mysis about it
    12. pinky
      pinky
      mysis is on here, but he doesn't sign in too much...probably vehemently researching the ps3 instead. ;) if u send him a pm and his settings r set to default, he'll receive an email of the pm though.
    13. ext10
      ext10
      Thanks for your answers, i think i get it now... Nevertheless i will look the tutorial that you mentioned just in case. Yes, i'm on CEX mode. I always had been updating my cfw from team rebug with usb method without that error. It is now that i'm trying another cfw because has not been news about team rebug.
    14. pinky
      pinky
      well, I believe webman mod added dex 4.81 support, so team rebug may have gotten their hands on 4.81 dex. it might be only a matter of time. @Joonie , who's a member of team rebug, as is @habib will know better than I about that. habib's firmware is as solid as rebug's, so u don't have anything to worry about there.
      ext10 likes this.
    15. bguerville
      bguerville
      Rebug will release their REX CFW, they never give news before they do either. As usual, many people rushed to install any 4.81 CFW available & they were all buggy...

If you are such a Rebug fan then you should remember that waiting for the new Rebug CFW for a few weeks because the team could not get access to a DEX firmware easily is nothing new.
      The same thing happened last year with 4.76.... That's why a lite version was released before REX. This time Joonie said they would not release a lite version & would wait until they could release REX directly.
      ext10 likes this.
    16. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Check md5 of PUP after copying to USB. Your USB or internal PS3 hdd can be broken.
    17. pasha4ur
      pasha4ur
      Sometimes screen blinks with black.

Before I had rebug. No problems
    18. habib
      habib
      If you elaborate more we could help
      Tbh this looks more of an hdmi issue
      Fyi:i am rebug member so all reviews from my cfw goes to rebug so we can build the best user experience possible
      bitsbubba, haxxxen and Metalomeus like this.
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      Have you got another video cable like YPbPr you could use? To know whether or not hdmi is the issue here, rather than the CFW, you need to test another video output. You could also try with scart or rca... YPbPr is the best & doesn't require changing your display settings whereas you will need to reconfigure the settings if you use another video output. No big deal for a test though..
    20. jaimaz
      jaimaz
      Thanks a lot Bro
      i will ignore it