PS3 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA v7.55) CFW by Alexander

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 16, 2018 at 7:42 PM
  1. 8,086
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Following the 4.83 Official Firmware update for the PS3, not only did it close the PS3Xploit's for installing CFW on 4.82 and also the HAN Exploit, but it also means its time for a round of Custom Firmware updates for excising CFW user's. So if your first experience on CFW was on 4.82 on your on 4.82 CFW, then all you do is update to a 4.83 CFW of your choice and install the pup the same way you would an official update from a USB STORAGE DEVICE, but of course with the CFW PUP. This release of 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW from developer @Alexander is a Cobra CFW, so it has all the features of a Standard CFW, plus contains the special Cobra payload which provides background running plugin support, PS3/PS2/PS1/PSP ISO Support some of the features this payload provides, (note standard CFW can install MAMBA and replicate many COBRA features) All details of this release can be found in the Translated notes found below from developer Alexander. ​

ferrox2017.png

• 4.83 FERROX (w/ COBRA 7.55) CFW
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      CEX
      117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Changelog FERROX COBRA 4.83:

1. Added ps2_netemu.self modified by @kozarov, with improvements to CONFIG files. I have not much deepened the thing as I do not use these files, but I will link the official thread: Click here !!
      2. Added a Wave as an option in the FERROX Mods Installer. This completes the customization of your PS3, and combines very well with the graphics created by @ MiZiO90 . For more info read the installer description below !!

CFW CHARACTERISTICS:

• Built on the base of OFW 4.83 SONY.
      • PSN / SEN Enabled.
      • Ability to Update from any CFW (CEX).
      • Possibility of Update from OFW 3.55 "And from original firmware 4.82 [PS3Xploit exploit - compatible consoles only]"
      • Possibility of Downgrade from any CFW with active QA Flags.
      • QA Flags active if previously enabled.
      • FEATURE - COBRA Patches 7.55 added
      • FEATURE - New Look of the XMB (See FERROX Mod Installer below).
      • FEATURE - PS2 Games compatibility.
      • FEATURE - PSP Games compatibility in ISO / Minis / Remaster format.
      • FEATURE - Compatibility with the latest version of ReactPSN.
      • FEATURE - RSOD Screen Bypass for Consoles affected by RSOD.
      • FEATURE - Keys 4.83 to start Games signed with keys 4.83
      • FEATURE - App_home / PS3_GAME.
      • FEATURE - XMB In-Game Screenshot - find the option in the Photos column of the XMB In-Game.
      • FEATURE - Remote Play support.
      • FEATURE - Integrated Package Manager replaces the classic Install Package Files.
      • FEATURE - Addition of Temperature display in XMB In-Game on PS2 Games. Thanks to 3141card.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patch to remove LV2 protection.
      • PATCH - LV1: Patched the coreOS Hash Check to prevent the Brick on a non-Dehashed Downgraded Console.
      • PATCH - LV1: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - LV2: Peek & Poke.
      • PATCH - PS3 BT Remote Patch.
      • PATCH - PS3 BluRay Disc Patch.
      • PATCH - Disabled Epilepsy Message at the Boot.
      • PATCH - CINAVIA protection Disabled completely

Download (MEGA): ONLY FOR CURRENT CFW USERS -> 4.83 FERROX COBRA CFW
    md5: 117ac0f24aff848901533e5e0dfb0508

Source & EXTRA XMB Mods: cybermodding.it

Checkout additional 4.83 Releases >>> LINK
    Should you upgrade your 4.82 CFW to 4.83 NOW or LATER??? >>> LINK

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 16, 2018.

1. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      You both are attempting to install cfw on unpatched ofw. If you are on 4.82 and you are 100% sure your console is cfw capable, run ps3xploit and THEN install this. If you are on 4.83 you need to use a hardware flasher
    2. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Did you check the MD5 of the PUP file after you downloaded it? Sometimes during the download it can become corrupted this is why its important to check this when downloading files.

Also the USB Flash drive both of your are using could have some bad sectors where the PUP is stored so freshly reformat the USB Flash drive you are using on PC to FAT32 MBR and try again after verifying the MD5 of the PUP file.

FAST MD5 is s a good free app to use as it will compare the hashes for you. The MD5 of this PUP can be found at the start of the thread.

If the PS3 is not exploited then it wont even allow you to start to install you just get an error message > "No applicable update data found" or "This data is not compatible or cannot be used on this system"

EDIT: Only a PS3 on 3.55 OFW and below can install a CFW PUP file without patching the flash, this is why you used to downgrade the PS3 to this FW version.
      kiborge likes this.
    3. kiborge
      kiborge
      stop at 73%.i was on 4.82 ,but friend was by mistake update me to 4.83,,console have a chip,do i need now to downgrade ? or just instal 4.83 pup, i have 2 ext. drives full ,exept 3 game on hdd
    4. Cypher_CG89
      Cypher_CG89
      Need a bit more info as your original post suggested just a corrupted PUP file.

Which Firmware is your PS3 currently on? CFW or OFW? and it's version? 4.83? just to clear thinks up, then we'll take it from there.

If as you have suggested that 4.83 OFW has been installed over CFW then then the PS3 would need to be xploited again to get the CFW back and if this is 4.83 OFW its on then the only way to do this at the minute is with a Hardware flasher.
    5. kiborge
      kiborge
      Now is oficial sony update 4.83 , was 4.82 cfw cobra chip i think .console was software and hardw. chip before , tnx for help on this ,i goiing to die slowly every day without my pirate ps3
    6. DEX357