PS3 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (v7.3 lite) CFW &- NoBD / NoBT versions Released

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 17, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 17, 2018 at 7:44 PM
  1. 7,611
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

@Bobby_Downgrades not only released a suite of 4.83 STANDARD CEX CFW for the PS3, but also a suite of 4.83 COBRA CFW, developer Alexander recently also released a COBRA CFW now he two will differ a bit as this one from @Bobby_Downgrades is based off COBRA v7.3 (a lite version), so while both are 4.83 Cobra CFW the payloads while very similar are different versions.. The COBRA Editions contain all the Standard CEX features plus the extra Cobra features, plugin support, ISO Support, Network Streaming Support for Game over your local network are just some of those features added with the Cobra payload. Additional information about this release can see below along with the NoBD and NoBT editions to go along for those damaged console that rely on those type of builds. ​

feature-PS3-Slim-Closeup.jpg

• 4.83 OVERFLOW - COBRA Edition
      CFW TypeCobra Version MD5 Checksum
      COBRA CFW
      v7.3 lite
      UNKNOWN - DL is .RAR File

Features of this cfw...

• * Built from 4.83 ofw
      • * LV0- All security checks disabled
      • * LV0- AppLdr patched to disable sig checks on pkgs
      • * LV1- Disabled lv2 protection
      • * LV1- Disabled Hash Checks
      • * LV1- Added Peek & Poke
      • * Lv1- Added mmap-function 114
      • * Lv1- ACL checks removed
      • * LV2- Added Peek & Poke
      • * LV2- Lv1 peek & poke support
      • * Games with 4.83 keys and lower will start
      • * RED SCREEN OF DEATH Bypass
      • * Added app/home
      • * Added option to xmb Install Packages with three paths (USB or HDD or DOWNLOAD to usb option)
      • * Warning message disabled for faster boot time
      • * Update from any cfw up to 4.83 and 3.55 ofw
      • * QA flag compatable
      • * Both dex and cex packages supported
      • * React psn compatability
      • * (Cobra 7.3 lite)Changed some stage2 functions and also made some small clean ups for smoother code exicution
      • * Has webman integrated (fan control disabled by default)
      • * Update from disc disabled (prevents accidental update to ofw from disc)
      • * Visual updated
      • * Cinavia protection disabled for disc and hdd
      • * Some trophy sync errors removed/bypassed
      • * Remote play supported on non Son# product
      • * ingame screenshots supported
      • * psp drm checks disabled
      • * Removed annoying singstar icon
      • * fselfs are native (debug/dex files like eboots run)
      • * Added option to visit you tube channels and websites (pre selected some helpful ones like psx place, ngu and ps3hax)
      • * Added download and install to what's new in psn column (updated packages will be sent to the ps3 when they are available, option in boxed tools to clear cache and check for updates will update download list) Massive thanks to PS3 Extra and devil_303 :)
      • * Added Restart System options to power options in xmb user column

IMPORTANT NOTE: CCAPi (console manager) uninstalls when you install new cfw so make sure you have your cid saved if ccapi is set to change your cid at boot. If you already have Webman setting your cid keep a copy before updating.​

• 4.83 OVERFLOW (COBRA) - NoBD Edition
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      Cobra (NoBD) CFW
      CEX
      This type of CFW is for broken PS3 Console's that have a broken BD Logic Board and can not open apps , games or anything from the XMB. This CFW resurrects those otherwise broken PS3 Consoles.​

Features of this cfw...
      • Contains all the features of 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA (see first tab) & then also
      • Can be installed onto a ps3 with no blu ray drive and let's you open apps and play games from hard drive

• 4.83 OVERFLOW (COBRA) - NoBT Edition
      CFW TypeFirmware Type MD5 Checksum
      Cobra (No Bluetooth Edition) CFW
      CEX
      This type of Custom Firmeare is for a damaged PS3 console with a broken BluRay/WiFi chip and allows for the installation.

Features of this cfw...
      • Contains all the Features of 4.83 OVERFLOW COBRA CEX (See first tab) & then also
      • Can be installed onto a ps3 with broken blueray/wifi chip (does not install bd/wifi fw at system update)

• Console-PS3-Slim-120-Go-PlayStation-3-Sony.jpg

**************HOW TO INSTALL***************
      Your ps3 must be jailbroken or must have just been flashed with a hardware flasher to install cfw.

Make sure your usb is formatted to fat 32.
      1. Create a folder on your usb called PS3. (in capitals)
      2. Inside the PS3 folder make another folder called UPDATE. (in capitals)
      3. Put the PS3UPDAT.PUP file inside the UPDATE folder.
      4. Put your usb into your ps3 and go to the settings column, go to system update and update via storage media.​

**************GOING ONLINE***************

COBRA

1. start ps3.
      2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
      3. load game to xmb with WEBMAN or put disc in.
      4. press R2 and triangle to wipe history and disable cfw system calls. (R2 and triangle do the same job as Sen Enabler and psn patch)
      5. start game and/or sign in.​

IF NON COBRA
      1. start ps3.
      2. Use any homebrew apps your gonna use like multiman.
      3. load game to xmb or put disc in.
      4. Open psn patch and disable cfw system calls. (psn patch does the same job as sen enabler, deletes history at exit)
      5. start game and/or sign in.​

Don't hate cuz I've been on psn with cfw for 8 years and never been console banned, up to you how you want to do it.

If you have problem loading a game from hard drive, open multiman, highlight the game and press triangle for options, select bd mirror and internal options then select permissions, then press x on the game to load it to xmb (must have a game disc in).

....GO TO ps3updat.com FOR NEWS AND SUPPORT....
      Visit the overflow page for updated and new packages such as my xmb editor.

• IMPORTANT NOTE: I only use facebook, ngu and portal centric, psx place and sometimes psn. I only ever go by the name Bobby Downgrades, if you come accross the name on a site other than those it's probably not me and if the name is not "Bobby Downgrades" IT'S NOT ME. If in doubt contact me on facebook or through ps3updat.com.​

**************CREDITS AND THANKS****************

SHOUT OUTS IN NO ORDER...
      • Rogero
      • Zofmodz
      • Habib
      • Evilnat
      • Enstone
      • Karakoto
      • Graf Chokolo
      • Hermes
      • Estwald
      • The rebug team
      • The ita team
      • Aldo vargas
      • REDdOT
      • Haxxen
      • NzV
      • dark jiros
      • Dean k
      • Joonie
      • Judges
      • Naehrwert
      • Waninkoko

If I missed anyone out, no dissrespect meant.

Downloads:

UPDATE (PATCH - ADDS COBRA v7.55):
    Source: psx-place.com

Additional 4.83 CFW / Releases can be found >>> HERE

Last edited: Oct 20, 2018
    Maximodss, marsil602, jolek and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 17, 2018.

1. marsil602
      marsil602
      hey thanks for getting back to me again and sharing more info!! at the moment I have gone back to 4.82 overflow, but will consider trying again later.

one thing I feel the need to add though, I certainly don't want to doubt your insight in regards to bo2, because you are correct as i am using a modded eboot, but I did also try an unmodified sonic generations and still got restore screen.

I may mess around with 4.83 more later, but I think i'm gonna sit for a minute and spoof lol
    2. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      Restore screen is caused by a function not completing.
      So say if you have a plugin that loads and it tries to run a function but the function is not available or is called incorrectly like without loading sysmodules first then you would get a crash as the console cannot execute the function or request from the plugin.
      As far as I am aware nowhere in the cfw would this happen as I do not change anything major only redirect things,
      could be possible you added in a modified rco file or xml file ?
      If you do not have too much saved on your ps3 I would recommend a full restore with hdd format which would "freshen" your system and flush out any bad files, then once discs are working correctly be careful what you add and keep track of what you add,
      then if you have an issue you can go back a step and remove any added file.
      marsil602 likes this.
    3. marsil602
      marsil602
      now that you mention it i had PS2NetEmu and PSPNetEmu selectors that i didnt restore before the update, as well as a custom coldboot image and wave. could the netemus be what broke things?
    4. Maximodss
      Maximodss
      hello I have installed version 4.83 Overflow NoBD (COBRA - v7.3 Lite) all very well then I install the psp launcher and psp remaster to play psp games and this throws me black screen when I start the application and some ps2 games tells me that Is not some solution compatible? greetings and a thousand thanks:tranquillity::bandicoot:
    5. marsil602
      marsil602
      Hey again, wanted to give you another "update" of sorts . So i took another crack at your 4.83 update; but prior to the attempt I:

- Deleted devhdd0/xmlhost
      - Deleted devhdd0/tmp/[webman related files]
      - Restored all modified installs in devhdd0/game i could think of, feeling confident. (but does this include modified gamefolder/iso backups? did not do those) I use Multiman (is in cobra mode) file manager if this matters.
      - Searched devflash0, didn't see anything that I can tell is unusual, only things I know for sure I altered get replaced by the update. (eg. coldboot, wave)
      - Went from 4.82 v4 straight to 4.83 v8 this time (previous attempt/discussion was .82 v4 -> .83 v5 -> v8)

I reconfigured Webman and did a restart, Dynamnic Fan Control still did not work after restart. also attempted disc-based game; got back to the restore screen. Went back to 4.82 v4 again.

I wont deny the possibility of me forgetting/missing something in my "mod cleanup" may exist. but thought i did a good job... if the issue is still on my end i'll figure out spoofing haha. I want to avoid a hdd format if possible as i have a 750gb that is chock-full of stuff. Re-downloading all my purchases again would take forreevveerrrrr lol.
      Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    6. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      An unofficial build was released of webMAN MOD over in the 4.83 Homebrew thread
      marsil602 and pinky like this.
    7. pinky
      pinky
      the latest official build of wmm works on ferrox 4.83 as I've tested it, but it does display the wrong firmware version. I think it says 4.75. other than that, it works as intended. I don't know about this firmware though.
    8. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Unofficial release was posted by @kozarovv https://www.psx-place.com/index.php?posts/144369
      pinky likes this.
    9. pinky
      pinky
      bookmarked. I won't install it yet though. I'm going to wait until I get a 1TB hdd. that's holding me off from gaming on the system, specifically tales of graces f and tales of symphonia (my favorite tales of game). :)
    10. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      What model ps3 are you using ?
    11. marsil602
      marsil602
      Im on CECHK01. according to your cfw readmes, not a model you get to test on. is K *less common than I realize?
    12. Bobby_Downgrades
      Bobby_Downgrades
      No the cech K should not affect the running, perhaps if it was a cech A but your model shouldn't have any issues running the cfw.
    13. marsil602
      marsil602
      Hey again, thanks for sharing. Thought i would share a laugh with you, in more trial-and-error of the past few days, I put Midnight Club LA Complete in my system and it decided it wasnt reading it. and my eject button doesnt work anymore either it would seem. My console just turned 9yrs in September and it's apparent it's signs of age are starting to show. So I figured id tell you to take a break on helping me because NO ONE is using my disc drive now lol. In an ironic sense this brought an end to my "disc-to-restore-screen" issue. Thank you again for all the assistance, Might try again on a different console down the line.