PSP 6.61 PRO-C f3 - PSP Custom Firmware Released

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Jan 21, 2015.

By Tranced on Jan 21, 2015 at 4:44 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Super Moderator

Programmer
    Since Sony's PSP 6.61 firmware update the PSP scene has come alive and a few more interesting developments have been made. We recently reported the updated Chronoswitch which allows downgrading PSP's from firmware 6.61 to 6.60. Developer qwikrazor87 at around the same time also released this PSP custom firmware. [break][/break]Check it out.

6.61 PRO-C f3.gif

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2016
    mertemre likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Joel16
      Joel16
      Nice to see some life with the PSP still :)
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      This is only the LCFW no perma patch is a valuable just yet but they are still plenty usefu . Only time it must be reapplied is when the system is powered off and that only takes 5 seconds at most to reapply CFW. I'm sure more is to come but nice to see this already. Hopefully a ME CFW is around the corner.
    3. Tranced
      Tranced
      :) via Rahim
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      My slim will love it, hopefully they figure out that new patch to make 6.20+ firmwares permanent
    5. MaTT26
      MaTT26
      I'll stick with 6.60 ME-2.x
      The 6.61 is probably here to patch/improve something in the Vita.
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      There are no games that require it unless you are transferring purchased content from PSN store from your PS3 to PSP.
    7. MaTT26
      MaTT26
      Thanks [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] it's good to know
    8. ed89
      ed89
      Yes I like it too the even more awesome thing is how fast they (Scene Devs) figured it out
      Homebrew Scene is faster than sony hehe (or maybe there wasnt much changes made from 6.60 to 6.61 but why Sony release it then? questions about questions...)
      Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    9. Joel16
      Joel16
      Honestly not really much changes. Some modules only got version bumps (Changing version name/number), while other had more changes (not really known until revere engineered). Also most(if not all) of the NIDs are still the same as 6.60 so not much has changed. Apparently if you check the version.txt you'll come to know this was made during Nov 2014 haha. Lastly, this update was only meant to fix certain issues with one game known as 'branded'. If you run it on 6.60 or less, you'll come in contact with many glitches or so I've heard :)
    10. ed89
      ed89
      thanks for the tips from somebody with more knowledge (dev)

Yes you mean
      "Brandish: The Dark Revenant" I have read it somewhere too (bug fix)

hm maybe its the only reason, maybe not? (PSVita ePSP security?) future will tell (reserve enginering)
    11. Joel16
      Joel16
      My friends @uOFW gave out most of that information. Just thought I'd let you know, but from what I've seen most of the kernel functions' NIDs are the same :)
      This update might have something to do with PS Vita's ePSP security but not sure yet.