A console/CDVD/HDD IDs dumper 2016-10-27

Console/CDVD/HDD IDs dumper -krHACKen

1. 24
    krHACKen

krHACKen Developer

A little PS2 ELF which was coded for the sole purpose of dumping the machine and iLink IDs, the CDVD keys (DNA$ and SUD), and the $ONY HDD ID. It also reads the entire MECHACON NVRAM...
    The dumped data are saved as raw binaries to the USB drive.

To dump your PS2HDD ID, you need three $ONY drivers (dev9.irx, atad.irx and hdd.irx), NOT INCLUDED in this package. The download comes free of $ONY proprietary code.

[​IMG]
    [good old debug printf, needs nothing more but a lame appname]

Download : ID_DUMPER.ZIP

Optional drivers in Pastie nbr 10951082

sp193, DeViL303, kozarovv and 2 others like this.
  2. 843
    UniqueUserName

UniqueUserName Trial and Error Professional Moderator

AAA
    Home Page:
    Nice work as always @krHACKen ...

Thank You.
    I look forward to trying it :)
    Keep up the great work!

krHACKen likes this.
  3. 843
    UniqueUserName

AAA
    Home Page:
    krHACKen likes this.
  4. 716
    Berion

Berion Developer

@krHACKen I never heard of SUD ID and HDD ID. Could You reveal to me more details? What exactly those IDs are, how they are calculating/reading and what they purpose is? And the last question about DNAS: authors of other apps for dumping DNAS disc id said that their app must be launch on non modded console, as modchip could somehow (?) spoof that number. Is the same is in this case?

kozarovv likes this.
  5. 24
    krHACKen

krHACKen Developer

The SUD ID (the CDVD key that is specific to the $ONY Utility Disc DRM), consists of two parts : the start-LBA of the hidden update package (MC installable files, like the DVD Player KELF & KIRX) and the sceCdDecSet parameter to put the MECHACON into the according decryption mode.
    $ONY wanted to hide their [email protected] binaries and forbid the installation from a CD-R/DVD-R backup, anticipating the Freevast h4x0rage hehe.

So the dumped SUD ID is used to make hacked copies of working HDD Utility Discs / PSBBN discs / DVD Player discs. I mean, that can actually install the damn files to the MC.
    It's also possible to scan/analyse the disc image and calculate the SUD ID. A few years ago I've coded a SUD Wobble Finder thing which was more or less reliable. Can't find that app in my messy computer... Anyway, almost all the SUD cdvdKeys are known now, but the ones of the DVD Player 3.04 disc :( .

I prefer to relocate the update packages in my hacked discs/compilations, rather than leaving them to their original LBAs. I also used to disable sceCdDecSet and put the raw packages...

Like for the DNA$ disc ID, getting the SUD ID involves sceCdReadKey (n-command 0x0C). With the parameter 0x1096 iirc...

The HDD ID is stamped to the firmware of the official HDD. Used by the DNA$ WithHDD DRM to bind/decrypt files to/from the HDD. If my memory serves me right, the "No Key" variant of DNA$ WithHDD is the one that does not rely to the iLink ID and to the __net partition data (only to the HDD ID).
    In other words, the HDD ID is related to the marriage between the bootable stuff that is installed and the hardware.

Hacked HDD images with bootable things (like Python games, POL Viewer...) have the genuine iLink ID and HDD ID hardcoded into their dna$load modules (or into their decrypted ELF, depending on how they were hacked) + the region locks (MG zone + ROMVER) defeated.

I can't remember how the DNA$ modules get the HDD ID. My dumper does not need them, as it simply loads the ATAD driver, waits for AtaSecIdentify to complete, scans the IOP RAM and dumps the blob of data hehe.

Yes, same case with my dumper. There's so "software workaround" to that. Modchips interfere with sceCdReadKey to "validate" the inserted disc, the returned key will not correspond to sceCdReadKey with the parameter 0x4B (DNA$ ID) or with the parameter 0x1096 (SUD ID).
    Other than to serve some kind of data preservation purpose, getting the DNA$ ID of a disc is moot point nowadays. The DNA$ DNS are no longer registered, so injecting the IDs to the CDVD drivers is a tad useless...
    What the hacked POL Viewer does is :
    1) Connect to the US/JP DNA$ server IP;
    2) Send a universal DNA$ software ID;
    3) Ignore the returned status code:victorious:.
    So whatever the DNA$-NET returns (OK/Title out-of-service/bad ID/console modified/hardware banned/no connection...), PlayOnline does not give a poo.

Also, to dump the HDD ID, you must disable the ATAD-Patch feature of your modchip, otherwise it may srcew up the AtaSecIdentify function of the driver and the ID could not be read from the firmware, leaving nothing but the drive manufacturer infos to the outbuf.

Off-topic : I don't own a modified console, but I saw RAM dumps with some loaded ATAD drivers that were modchip-patched... It's quite ugly compared to the neat ATADpatcher pattern. No wonder why the HDDOSD/PSBBN installers go crazy with those things lol.

Berion, UniqueUserName and kozarovv like this.
  6. 4,808
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. 5,866
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

@krHACKen i then i added the resource Tabs and download button ontop of every page in this thread :) ..

Thanks for the releases :)

krHACKen likes this.
  8. 19
    Paulkuria

Paulkuria New Member

Am new here.. What is the main purpose for this id dumper.. Is it the same as a modchip??

9. 843
    UniqueUserName

AAA
    Home Page:
    No. This has nothing to do with anything like that... The explanation is in the first post.
    It dumps important PS2 information.

If you are looking to mod your PS2 without a modchip, then you would need FMCB (FreeMCboot) for the softmod solution. ;) :)

DeViL303 likes this.
  10. 716
    Berion

Berion Developer

@krHACKen Thanks for Your time and full explanation.
    If You have more PS2 stuff related which was released only on Assmbler, I'll be happy to see also here.