Am I doing things right?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by dannyb, Feb 13, 2018.

1. 5
    dannyb

dannyb New Member

Hi guys new to the modding scene and only picked up a 2nd hand PS3 yesterday (PHAT CECHG) I used it as is and followed this YT tutuorial to load rebug

It was very simple and I installed that along with MM & PSNpatch and PSNinja, I played backups from a HDD no problem but when I went to sign into PSN to play some PSN games I had downloaded it would say the firmware needed updating too 4.82 (which it is already) and wouldn't let me sign in, trying to update would throw a data error ending in CC,

Currently in the slow process of formating the drive on full (7 minutes left) in the hope that I can sign in.

SSo what this NOOB wants to know is was everything in that video correct and is there more I should know as I don't know what I should be looking at.

Thanks

2. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    I don't have time to watch the full video now, but a few things I can say.

- Don't update your firmware online, as you will lose your jailbreak and have to start from scratch.
    - Make sure you are using Rebug 4.82 CFW and not a modded 4.81 patched to install over 4.82, this could be one reason its asking for update. Install Rebug 4.82 from USB:/PS3/UPDATE/PS3_UPDAT.PUP.
    - Formatting drive quick or slow will not really help with an issue like this.
    - Don't use PSninja , its outdated, only PSNpatch is required for stealth, using 2 stealth apps could be the cause of your issues too.

3. 5
    dannyb

dannyb New Member

Sorry to sound stupid but where in that link is the download for the updat file?

4. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Np, A lot of stuff there, its down the very bottom of the page. https://rebug.me/?wpfb_dl=189 Download that text file, and the PUP link will be inside it.

5. 5
    dannyb

dannyb New Member

Literally just found it thanks

6. 2,231
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Sorry for delay, I was literally driving for 2 hours in between those 2 posts. :)

dannyb likes this.
  7. 5
    dannyb

dannyb New Member

Right the versions I have downloaded and tried so far have all brought up corruption codes (8002f169) and (80029cca)

8. 5
    dannyb

dannyb New Member

Scrap that I was looking in the wrong place and updating with the wrong file lol.