PS3 HAN An Attempt to make Battlefront 2 Great Again

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by Skippyz, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:03 PM.

1. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

With HAN , its been great. Slim and super slim console owners finally get more options available to them;game backups, emulation options, and an ability to improve the games themselves. Star Wars Battlefront 2 has always been a great classic to me, from expanding the movie universe during its story campaign to slaughtering the republic as darth maul, theres tons of fun.

Seeing as on the latest gen BF2 isnt that great, I thought I'd try to get some help making a fun game.

Fortunately, there's tons of tools and mods available but as to getting it right on HAN; I have been running into some slight snags and would love for some community help.

This format will be pretty raw but bear with me

STAGES
    I figured at first I should get some things working before trying to do the xbox conversion and add those in. So I started with backing up and getting the right config for my greatest hits version. Then I took the mods from the youtube video listed below and tried to bundle everything back up with Merc-j's Classes mods and infinte jetpacks
    (following the steps as a normal ps2 conversion then later trying to set an lba order/ exporting the lba, add files and reload the lba)

I would get into the game and right upto it letting me load a map; it would crash at the loadbar being around 10-15% (same spot everytime). changing my method (aka searching obscure ways) and redoing several times would get me to the same point or less, it would crash after the playstation name flashes . Realizing that some of my mods needed OPL to work I removed those and tried again but the mod files would crash it everytime. The game works by itself unmodded. I have already tested that.

I noticed in the emulator thread how there is OPL in the LAUNCH elf so Im wondering if that would enable or allow the modded bf2 to work

Info
    .lvl files can be extracted with .lvl extractor tools,
    swbf2 tools can make .lvl files adding in class/map/infantry/mission details

Tools:

LVL extractor
    nexusmods/starwarsbattlefront/mods/365

PC modding tools
    moddb/games/star-wars-battlefront-ii/downloads/star-wars-battlefront-ii-mod-tools-pc

VIDEOS:
    youtube/watch?v=MI_PDek3164
    - a set of different maps and some minor things. Requires OPL

MODS/Files:

https://github.com/BAD-AL/SWBF2_Xbox_mod_effort
    -user worked on porting and compiling all missions (from the 2 or 3 exclusive psp titles, and xbox dlc)
    -files are in xbox format with his notes on how he used swbf2 tools to convert from pc/ps2 versions (unknown if pc->ps2 needs a conversion as well as some mods are hosted on a locally run swbf2 server which we cant do via no net adapter)

mediafire/file/xvtnqc7bzpuv1vo/1_10Release.zip
    - from the youtube video; new maps replacing the default/old ones and some other mods

"server mods"
    s1.zetaboards.com/Remains_of_Republic/topic/5048115/1/
    -Includes a dozen different mods to change how the game is played
    - these are the popularly used ps2 mods for the game, if the specific link is dead theyre searchable by name.
    -Modded Games used to be hosted/ some are still hosted online; I think mods were not required on the actual system this way.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=forum
    -Coummunity of hosting modded ps2 games

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018 at 3:14 PM
  2. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    I though there will be just ppf or xdelta patch. :D

3. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

The patches I found were PC which had a different file structure . I tried matching them up but theyre in different folders completely inside LVL_PC and LVL_PS2.
    LVL_XBOX is the same structure as ps2 but they have some XDIRCTORY for xbox in the hex and gotta be converted

4. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    This one actually should work.

Download shows 6 hours for me, so i can't test. But issue here is probably that you reimport lba table. As far as I know this game don't need that.

5. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

thats the one that blackscreens by itself regardless. I think it need something enabled from OPL to run.
    Ive used ultraiso, cd2gen etc . the modded iso also always changes from 4.5gb to what it actually is in the pkg vs when i convert the untouched iso it will stay at a 4.5gb pkg

6. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

Any of the server mods should be able to work from that link , theyre small Jtags heroes or infinite jetpacks are the most noticeable so i was using them

7. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Ultraiso break ps2 games on han, cdgenps2 can be used only for cd games. Use imgburn with correct settings.

aldostools likes this.
  8. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  9. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

Encrypting now, made the iso. I had the dual layer profile wrong on my other conversions

10. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

If it crashes again... Can I attach it within an emulator eLaunch pkg? I think Im going to try launching it through OPL to see if that works

11. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    You can't attach here game..

12. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

I think you misunderstood, using http://www.psx-place.com/threads/emulators-for-han-ps3xploit.16921/ I want to add in star wars into the pkg (should fit its 2.7gb) to use OPL to start it.
    im installing the remade package doing what you said, but in case that fails i think using OPL would fix it assuming i can make bf2's config pack in without breaking ulaunch

13. 56
    Skippyz

Skippyz Member

WORKS! Great thank you, now time to start converting the extra missions:D

kozarovv likes this.
  14. 6,097
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Good to know. Now i'm waiting for some ppf or xdelta patch to test final modded game. :)

Tags: