an error occurred during the start operation 80010006

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by auburn2eugene, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

1. 30
    auburn2eugene

auburn2eugene Member

Disabled Vet
    Hello everyone

I'm back with another issue...

I swapped out HDDs and had an issue with webmanMOD making my system freeze. Someone told me how to remove webmanMOD. I removed it and no longer have an issue with my system freezing, however now I have another issue.

After I open multiman, I get the list of all my backups. I select one and it kicks me back to the xmb with the icon of the disc. However after it kicks me back to the xmb, all of my apps now have a white box with an image of a controller in the box. When I click on any of them, I get this error:

an error occurred during the start operation 80010006

I can click on the image of the disc and launch the game fine, but if I want to go back to multiman, I have to restart my system. Otherwise I get the error message. It's no big deal as all I have to do is reset the console, then I get everything back to normal, but once I've selected a game in multiman, I always get the error on anything other than the image of the game disc. The game will launch fine, but nothing else will. This is what every app looks like after being kicked back to the xmb after selecting a game:

[​IMG]

Anyone have any ideas why this would be happening?

Like I said, once I restart the console, the images go back to normal and I can launch them all... But after I select a game in multiman and it kicks me back to the xmb, all the apps look like the image and they can't be launched until I do a system reboot.

2. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Is this game by any chance on a External HDD or the game data on an external HDD?

3. 3,403
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

At the end of your other thread about webmanmod problems you said something that made me think all your problems could be caused by the internal hdd
    Thats not normal, and it did seem related with the hdd's (either external or internal, you should mention always if you are reporting problems in internal or external)

But what you are saying now seems to be related with internal hdd, the "databases" are not ready when XMB is loaded so is not posible for the XMB to display the info about the contents indexed in the databases

What i would do if i where you... is to take the hdd out of the PS3, connect to a PC and run a "surface scan" test with the program MHDD
    There is some info about how to use MHDD in this tutorial ---> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/w-...ps3-ps4-hdd-condition-using-mhdd-on-pc.12129/

That "surface scan" test is not data destructive btw... by doing it you dont lose a single bit of data... in other words the data inside the hdd is exactly the same before and after running the "surface scan" test

----------
    And btw, if at some point that problem of "broken icons" (or spinning icons) happens again... dont click in them because you could lose them

The databases has some kind of "database manteinance service" that runs everytime you try to boot an installed game/app (and also runs under other conditions, but the point is the databases are "updated" everytime you boot a game/app)
    The database manteinance service could do this:
    1) you try to boot the "broken" game/app
    2) system returns an error
    3) database manteinance service deletes the game/app
    4) return to xmb

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019 at 2:03 PM
    auburn2eugene and ISAK.M like this.
  4. 167
    ISAK.M

ISAK.M Member

Well, School
    Like Sandungas said this sounds like a HDD problem or maybe just a rebuild database, I had a similar problem on my console maybe 3 or so months ago in which all icons would show up exactly like that or they would not show up at all, just the spinning loading circle.
    Completely without reason, it just didnt load the apps when scrolling down.
    It just happened sometimes and reboot solved it. Hasnt happened since then luckily enough.

auburn2eugene likes this.
  5. 30
    auburn2eugene

auburn2eugene Member

Disabled Vet
    Both.

What I mean by both is this:

I have a monopoly game called monopoly streets. It is a previously purchased P$N game. So it's on my internal, and internal only. After I boot this game, play it, and close it, my apps look like that.

I run Assassin's Creed from my external. It happens after I load that one through multiman.

Then I have Mass Effect. This game has its game data on the external. I had never used this option before but recently saw someone on here talk about using the external for game data, and I was running out of space on the internal, so I used this option. The game itself is on my internal but the game data is on the external.

So it's happening when I launch games from the internal, the external, or a hybrid launch from both...

I thought this as well. Which is why I immediately changed the HDD back to the original one I've had in there for years. This HDD gave me absolutely no issue before I tried swapping it out a new HDD. I had the same issue out of both HDDs, so I just went back to the HDD that had worked for years with not the first issue.

I haven't tried a database rebuild, but I certainly will try that. That's an easy fix that would be amazing if that was the fix needed. I'll try that once I get back home tonight.

6. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Is the install data for the game on the External HDD as well?

I had in issue with a few games on one of my PS3's where i thought I would save space on the Internal HDD by putting the games install data on the External HDD along with the Disc backup. When I mounted said game's with any backup manger all the Install stuff to the Internal HDD went exactly the way yours does, as if its been deleted and I got an error when trying to open them. But when I changed it back to install on the Internal HDD then it went back to normal.

One way webMAN MOD will crash your PS3 when mounting games is if you have opened another backup manager for whatever reason, ie using the File Manager option in MultiMAN and then decided to mount the game with webMAN as you have given this other Backup Manager "Priority" other the rest for mounting games by opening the app.

This is very odd, I have not come across this before and I have plenty of PSN Digital games.

7. 111
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

80010006 usaually means eboot related error . Check your game with the ird file , to see if all files are unmodified

8. 30
    auburn2eugene

auburn2eugene Member

Disabled Vet
    So I booted into safe mode and did the database rebuild as well as checking the file system and it has stopped doing that.

Thanks again guys

ISAK.M likes this.
  9. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Glad you got it sorted.

10. 30
    auburn2eugene

auburn2eugene Member

Disabled Vet
    Well for this issue. Now I have another question, completely separate from this topic. Should I start a new thread or ask on here? This is already my 3rd thread, but each issue has been different and I saw a mod tell someone while researching to start a new topic. So I just want to make sure what I should do.

My new issue is I want to go back to the rebug version I had before this one and see if that is what's causing my problems. I've never had a single issue out of this ps3...not one... until I decided to swap out my internal HDD... and it's been nothing but issues since then. The only thing in common is the updated firmware. So I want to try going back to rebug 4.76. If the issues then persists, I know it's something going on with the hardware.

So should I start a new thread about going back to 4.76 or just ask my questions in here so I don't keep making new threads?

11. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

There have been reported problems of REBUG have issue's installing over another version of itself, I have had them before myself. And one of the solutions was to install the version of REBUG you have 2 time's off the belt> so install REBUG 4.82.2 REX > after PS3 reboots install it again straight away.

For going back just make sure QA flags is enabled, you can check in REBUG Toolbox if it is in the Utilities column. Then install that version of REBUG, again I would do it 2 time's in a row.

EDIT: I normally do this> Install REBUG 2 times in a row, then rebuild database just to be sure.

12. 30
    auburn2eugene

auburn2eugene Member

Disabled Vet
    First I want to thank you for all your help. I truly mean that. You are a very active member of this community and never shy from helping those who need help. That is greatly appreciated. I just wanted to take the time to say that.

Ok on to the question... I have QA enabled, but I just get the 4.76 version and install it like I would any other fw?

And that's good looking out about the double install. I didn't know that... So I will try that first.

I had 4.76 and had no issues in the slightest. I just updated rebug 4.82 directly over rebug 4.76 when I tried swapping out the HDD. I didn't know about the double install.

That will be my first step, then I will try doing the same with 4.76 if needed.

13. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Your welcome, atm I have plenty of time to spare as I have been off work for past 6 months with a back injury from work that landed me in hospital. I don't mind helping people out with issue's they might have.

Yep, correct. Just install away. If your on REBUG REX make sure to use the REX pup as it is set to install as CEX on default. D-REX is set to install as DEX on default if people have DECH DEBUG units or converted there's CECH to DEX.

I don't think it happens very often, but can happen from time to time and found this out when I was having some issue's with one of my 2 PS3's on REBUG CFW after updating to 4.82.2 REX from 4.80.1 REX. The other PS3 is on D-REX but both are DEX.

When swapping HDD's I have found it best to update first before swapping them out, eliminates most problems that may happen. Now time for fun as I am just about to go get another 1TB HDD for one of them and have to sit and re-install everything again lol. I have too many HDD's lying about lol.

14. 4,267
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    This Rebug issue and the issue requiring a FW to be installed twice are 2 separate issues as far as I know.

1. Installing OFW twice is a remedy to a known issue that only really shows up when using OFW and PS3Xploit2.0, its to do with the patch and the 2 ROS areas in flash, apparently PS3xploit 4.0 wont have this issue as it will patch both ROS areas properly.

2. The issue with Rebug not installing over itself is only really a problem in safe mode while on Rebug, for example after a HDD swap, and it doesn't show up for everyone either, and the solution to that is to always update Rebug from the XMB, and if that is not possible due to soft brick or hdd swap, then to use another CFW from safe mode, then update to Rebug from the XMB.

Also enabling the System Update Debug option is a good idea.

15. 1,015
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

I went looking for the thread that had this on as this is when I had the issue, on both PS3's when I swapped the 120GB HDD's from both of them, one for 686GB HDD and the other with a 2TB HDD <This I regret lol, it makes the PS3 so temperamental to the point of irritation. Anything that happens that needs any of the recovery options to be used including the files system check 95% of the time the PS3 will not recognise the HDD and and force you to reformat it, and reinstalling 2TB worth of stuff take's the p**s to say the least. But as the I have used HDAT on it to remove some of the encryption on it and hidden some sectors as well as customising the cluster size make's it more or less unusable in anything else or I would put it in my PC instead now. As I have just got a new 1TB for the other one today.

I started to adopt the double install, followed by a rebuild database every time I install a CFW or have to reinstall it, just to make sure. After a string of problems that where solved by a double install of CFW. It might be over the top but I have ran into issues where I have installed REBUG went to play game and immediately it would boot into recovery with "System Cannot run correctly" I have had this 4 time's in a row before till I installed it twice off the belt which solved it. I never did get to the bottom of what the actual cause was as this was after the HDD swap but it solved it so I just continue to do to be sure lol.

So you could say that both the HDD swap issue and the other issue contributed to me using the double install every time to to sure.
    But thanks for sharing that info.

I always have Update Debug enabled, its become a habit, but a good one.