PS3 An idea for PS3 homebrew

Discussion in 'THE FEED (Submit/View News)' started by Killer Bunny, May 16, 2018.

1. 69
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

As far as I know, it is not easy to make a Homebrew app. But to anyone who can make a Homebrew app, I have an idea for you. Accessing PSN while on CFW can cause an account ban/console ban. So I was thinking that maybe someone could make an app like tunngle for PC. I mean it will connect players so that they can play online but without accessing PSN. Please do some research about tunngle if you don't know about it. I am sure it will help a lot of people. Cheers
    TL;DR: please make tunngle for ps3

2. 9,136
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

there's an xlink kai. it's integrated into the hacked dash of the xbox 360, but it supports the ps3 as well. this is the only way to play online with a jtag/rgh, not counting the ludicrously over-priced stealth methods.

3. 100
    arcadekidflo

arcadekidflo Member

When the online services will be terminated for PS3 , XLINK would be the only alternative . It would be nice to have a client running direclty on PS3

Spawn likes this.
  4. 7,552
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

keep in mind xlink is only going to support limited games..

5. 69
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

The Homebrew app I was talking about can ''fool'' the ps3 into thinking that it is connected to PSN.

PS: Thanks guys for not trolling me.

6. 9,136
    pinky

that's interesting. dashlaunch on the xbox360 can do this. indie games on the system require an xbox live connection, probably due to them not being rated. you can trick the system into thinking you're connected to live and play those indie games with a jtag/rgh. I'm sure something similar could be done on the ps3 and its "dashlaunch" cobra. ;)

7. 69
    Killer Bunny

Killer Bunny Forum Noob

That was exactly what I was trying to say. Thanks

8. 4,213
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Home Page:
    There is a difference between "tricking" the PS3 into thinking its signed in, and actually reverse engineering the PSN servers, and the game servers so they can be cloned to allow online play, it would be easier if it was all peer to peer, but its not unfortunately.

Tricking the PS3 into thinking its signed in is probably not too hard for someone like any of the Team PS3Xploit members, given some time, but on its own it does not achieve anything really, except maybe it would be cool for No-PSN apps, as they would no longer need patching in theory.

9. 9,136
    pinky

someone is supposedly doing that with miiverse on the wii u. I'm not sure how he got the files, but the miiverse dump contains profiles, passwords, artwork (most of what it is), etc. I'm not sure how that's going tbh.

the spoof on the 360 is just to trick a live connection for use with indie games mostly. you did, at least originally, have to go into dashlaunch in order to play them, and since the 360 doesn't use an indexer (it's just drag and drop with no installation), it can take minutes to load your indie game list, assuming you have thousands of games like me. it doesn't allow online gameplay. that's what you'd have to use xlink kai for, but as @STLcardsWS pointed out, it's limited. what you're asking maybe, as @DeViL303 mentioned, maybe too difficult to pull off.