Here is some exciting news for developer's and end user's as well. As some of he biggest names in the homebrew community team up to kick off one giant Homebrew Contest. Introducing the GekiHEN Homebrew Contest, a new contest for developer's creating various Homebrew and Hacks for the PS Vita / PlayStation TV.systems utilizing the HENkaku exploit (which was updated today (see here) ) . So what are the prizes and details of the GekiHEN contest?
Well the contest takes place NOW and will run all the way until January 27th 2017, so submit your homebrew and update along the way, So hopefully we see some new projects and the progression of those projects over the next few months. There is already a decent sized prizepool ($800) currently but we hope to seek some community donations as well to increase the total size (as other sponsors plan to do the same), details on how you can make a contribution to the contest will be coming in the next few days.
Also, PSX-Place will be doing a several side event tied into this Contest. Just to sweeten the pot a bit, maybe some bounties, maybe rewarding devs providing support to our psx-place members. Maybe a bit of all of it, stay tuned as we are sure to have alot of with this. But we will only relay this information to our members for these special bonus, so if your not logged in you may mis-out on the information. First matter of business is, we need idea's and those come from all our reader. So checkout this thread and leave your homebrew concepts and idea;s You might just inspire a developer and a new project as well win some gifts in the process for simply sharing your idea's..
Conditions to submit a homebrew
- Your entry must use HENkaku one way or another, so it must be a “native” homebrew (and not a PSP homebrew launched by VHBL, for example).
- In the same way as the ReVitalize competition, are forbidden to participate: themes, wallpapers, PC Utilities, flash games and portals.
- You can submit your entry until January 27th, 2017 (included) to participate.
- You are allowed to submit as many entries as you want.
- You can work in teams, but we will need a single contact person for the prizes.
- The homebrew must be made by you. Updates of somebody else’s homebrew will be accepted ONLY if you prove that you got authorization from the original creator(s) to enter this contest. Please do not simply take someone’s source and add your name to it. We will find out and it’s just not cool. Keep it clean.
- Ports of open source software are considered ok, as long as you follow the license rules.
- The homebrew must be entirely new, or a significant update (or mod) of your existing homebrew. We might refuse “updates” or “mods” if we think they do not bring much new features to your homebrew.
- First of all, your homebrew must be published on the website GekiHEN (more informations below). You must wait until a moderator valid your entry before publishing it on other websites/forum, else it will be refused (for information, an e-mail is automatically send when a moderator has validated or not your project).
- Your homebrew must display one of the competition splash screens provided below. If your homebrew can not technically use a splash screen (such as some plugins), you will be asked to provide the splash screen in the homebrew archive.
- Do not submit illegal content! In particular, it is your responsibility to make sure that you have the necessary authorization to distribute the graphics, musics, etc… included in your homebrew. We don’t have the manpower to do this verification ourselves.
- The website www.gekihen.xyz was created to identify all the entries of the GekiHEN contest. You have to submit your project on this website if you want it to be a part of the contest.
- When you have submited your homebrew, a confirmation link will be sent to your mail adress. You will need to click on it, and write your homebrew’s name to send it to the moderators.
- When a moderator will validate or refuse your homebrew, you will receive another mail.
- If your project is validated : you will receive a link to the page of your homebrew on the GekiHEN's website, and a special password you will have to enter if you want to update your submission (the update will not be published instantly, a moderator have to approve it).
- If your project is rejected : you will receive the reason(s) why your entry is rejected, and possibly a link to a page where you can modify your submission, then resend it to the moderators.
Judges and prizes
Everyone will be able to vote for their favorite entry in each of the following categories:
- Best game (reward: 200 $ / 180 €)
- Best utility/hack (reward: 200 $ / 180 €)
- Best emulator (reward: 200 $ / 180 €)
- Best plugin (reward: 200 $ / 180 €)
- The winner of one of the prizes can choose among:
- A PayPal payment
- Cards for his prefered store: PlayStation Store, Steam, Nintendo eShop, League of Legends, PaySafeCard...
Partners & donators - We thank the following websites for their participation to the GekiHEN Contest (in alphabetical order) :
We also thank our dear donators (in alphabetical order):
Submit Entries @ www.gekihen.xyz
(Must be approved before entered)
PS VITA / PS TV Annoucing the GekiHEN Homebrew Contest for the PS Vita / PlayStation TV ( #HENkaku )
By STLcardsWS on Sep 12, 2016 at 9:45 PM
ManaGunZ v1.32 (by Zar) - Interface and Stability Improvements for the popular PS3 HomebrewThis version of ManaGunZ (PS3 Backup Manager by @Zar) represents a checkpoint in his evolution, some of the changes are: a new RSX memory management to improve stability and efficiency, a new filemanager windows docking system (R1+DPAD), dev_hdd1 access, internal screenshot function (L2+R2), full skins support in themes and colorset management, an animated wave that moves in the background, official/custom fonts selector, some info icon animations such loading/exiting, some button remapping and a lot more minor changes that makes the whole interface more robust and intuitive, this version has been released after an extensive process of bug-hunting, there are literally several tenths of changesContinue reading
vitaQuakeIII (Quake 3 Arena / Team Arena ported to Vita) by RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante is back again with a new release for the community. The developer has now officially released VitaQuakeIII this release allow for playing of Quake 3 Arena & Quake 3 Team Arena now on your HENkaku exploited PS Vita or PlayStation TV. The project is still in the BETA stage and may experiance some performance issue's at times, like Rinnegatamante recent updates to his other Quake ports of VitaQuake and VitaQuakeII, VitaQuakeIII is powered by VitaGL (Hardware Rendering)Continue reading
SEN Enabler v6.0.7 - Important Bug Fix Release for 4.82 by EvilnatDeveloper Evilnat creator of various PS3 Homebrew & Tools has released version 6.0.7 of SEN Enabler and has fully addressed the issues with 4.82 and v6.0.6 with squashing the bugs that caused some setups various issues. The developer has great symphony for those affected and goes in detail on what the issues were and who they affected. All issues have been identified and fixed in this latest version and the dev has added new checks to help prevent these errors from occurring with various Cobra CFW's that were affected. View all the details from Evilnat in the details provided below-STLcardsWSContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: