blue light in ps4

Discussion in 'General PS4 Discussion.' started by SoJustMe, Oct 13, 2018.

1. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

hello guys , my friend gave me his ps4 to try to fix but when i turn it on it stuck at blue light , i let it for hours but still no white light , also he said he gave it to a service but they said they cannot fix it , and it is from the board and they said that sometimes it will be fixed depend on how lucky you are .

is there someone has any idea to fix the blue light lag or can explain to me what is going on here ?

2. 378
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

By blue light i assume you have a CUH-1000/1100 Series, one of the earliers PS4 from 2013, these tend to have to have the Blue Line, which means the console didnt exit the system check, in other words system malfunction.

It could be many things, but what comes to my mind, it can be either the APU, HDMI Port or HDD, now you need to go by the list of exclusion.

Check the HDMI port 1st, look for bent pins, as i know the 1st batch of PS4s had crappy HDMI ports (thats why i bought a Slim), if the HDMI seems ok, swap the HDD, if even these two dont work, then the APU might be the issue, which its really problematic.

Another thing you can check, its power the PS4 in safe mode, and reboot from there, if that doesnt work, try rebuilding the database, if even that doesnt work, restore it from scratch. ;)

If the step before doesnt work, then its the APU, but you can be in luck, what you need to do its reach the APU backplate clamp, remove it and add nylon washers and reattach the clamp back again which will make pressure thowards the APU, if you have done correctly, your PS4 should post like normal.

But beware, the washers fix may or may not fix your PS4, i dont call it a fix, more like narrowing the problem, but if your PS4 posts with the added nylon washers, it means there its a problem with the solder joints in the APU, which the real fix its getting it reballed. ;)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    SoJustMe likes this.
  3. 9,121
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah, I'd check the hdd. iirc, on an exploited ps4, it can show a solid blue line if the system goes into a panic mode and must check the system storage. I've actually seen this happen before.

SoJustMe likes this.
  4. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

i checked other stuff and it is ok and system connot boot anyhow not even sony logo
    i gave it to a another technician to check it , APU reballing kinda hard for me , i have no heat gun or tools to do it but i will have tools soon i spoke to a friend to provide me these tools

thanks for the explanation of the problem

5. 4,213
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Does the blue light stay flashing? If so it could be the power supply. I have a friend who fixed his flashing blue light issue by putting in a new psu, I assume the technicians already tried that though.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    SoJustMe likes this.
  6. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

yes it is flashing as if it checking something , but it is already gone to technicians do you think they missed it? i would try every possible solution in hand

7. 4,213
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    I don't tbh, you could ask them if they tried swapping out the PSU.

8. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

i post the thread here because i could not accept that it has no solution, since the motherboard still working

9. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

i will tomorrow , it is too late here now in my country

10. 378
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

Never use a heat gun thowards a good chip, your chip its good, maybe you have a bad connection or a corrosion due to humidity or something.

By using a heatgun you will be frying the chip beyond repair, once you fry your chip, kiss goodbye your PS4. PS4 APUs are codeed to the console, and you cannot replace it ;)

SoJustMe likes this.
  11. 40
    SoJustMe

SoJustMe Forum Noob

i saw a video on YouTube they are using it to unsold chips to reball and HDMI to be replaced