Brand New !!!!

Discussion in 'Welcome - New Member Introductions' started by Donovan Naidoo, Jan 7, 2019.

1. 1
    Donovan Naidoo

Donovan Naidoo Forum Noob

Hi Guys,

I am Bran Spanking new to all of this, would really like some assistance.

PS3 Console
    CECH 3004B
    OFW 4.83

Would really like to play some emulated games on my PS3, what can I possibly do as I understand the there isn't any CFW for 4.83 at the moment.

Your help will be sincerely appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

2. 491
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    At the minute am afraid you can do nothing with your PS3 as you are on 4.83 OFW. I will explain a little further for you.

Your CECH3004B is what is called "non-Jailbreakable" meaning you cannot run CFW on this model of PS3. This is true for all PS3's that use what is called metldr2 in them which is CECH2500 slims after date code 1A all the way up to CECH4000+ all superslims. This holds true for the current time being, a future xploit may hold CFW on these PS3's, but who knows lol.

Currently their is HAN for these model PS3's which allows you to modd your XMB, inject and play signed backups, and emulated certain games. But you must be on 4.82 OFW to use this at the minute as the xploit was patched in the last FW update. Devs are working on a new way to trigger the xploit again.

A little extra info for you... all PS3 upto CECH2500 before date code 1A are CFW compatible. if they are on 4.82 OFW you can use the webkit xpliot to install CFW or if they are on 4.83 they will need to jailbroken using the original method of using a hardware flasher, again untill athe new xploit is found.