Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Can I update to 4.83 after I have obtained my act.dat & idps.bin?

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN ( PS3 3k / 4k Models)' started by sasho648, Dec 5, 2018.

1. 6
    sasho648

sasho648 Forum Noob

Since I want to play god of war 2 on my 12 GB system and I have an option to buy it from the store if I update.

2. 212
    Louay

Louay Member

College student
    Home Page:
    the problem is not in "act.dat and idps.bin" only .the HAN which is an exploit will not work on 4.83 OFW cause sony patch the one that trigger the exploit to be executed in the ps3 so having those will not change any unless the PS3Exploit team find a new one for 4.83 FW and the you could use act.dat and idps cause those two file activation is necessary and it is done by HAN Enabler so no exploit on 4.83 that mean no HAN Enabler so you will face error if renewing your license in ps store .....etc but if you have a CFW2OFW Converted Games you can update without problem but you will lose the possibilty to make exploits on your console :)

3. 7,578
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

It's all up to you.
    But if ever you update to 4.83 to get this game, you will no longer be able to use any ps3xploit tools, at least until the team releases an update.
    Once updated to 4.83
    1. All the HAN resigned games you installed via pkg will no longer be playable, no workaround.
    2. The cfw2ofw disc conversions games using a lic.dat file are the only game backups that will still be playable but you won't be able to install pkg files anymore. Already installed cfw2ofw games will still work but installing new ones will no longer be possible via pkg file installation.
    To install cfw2ofw conversion games, you would still be able to copy game files onto your console using the ps3xport tool modded by lmn7. The tool injects the game files into an official ps3 backup file that can be restored with the XMB backup/restore utility. Check the dedicated thread for further info.

If you prefer to remain on 4.82, an alternative is to try to connect to PSN while on 4.82 using one of the proxy server tools for ps3, buy the game & download it.

Another option might be to buy the game with your PC browser from your main PSN account & then download a copy of that exact game pkg + rap file from Internet servers, resign for HAN & install both of game pkg & rif pkg. As long as you own a license for the game, where you get the pkg from should not really matter, that cannot be considered piracy afaik.

Louis Garry and Louay like this.
  4. 6
    sasho648

sasho648 Forum Noob

How could I download just the package from playstation store?

5. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

Yes, you can update to 4.83 after you have obtained the act.dat and idps.bin if you're intending to play God of War 2 HD (GOW 2 HD) bought from 'the store'. (I assume PSN)
    Why: You're not going to be fake-resigning (habib tool) that GOW 2 HD since you look like buying that game which prompted you to update OFW.

Answering that question, 'download just the package' from PSN, here is the official PSN zeus.dl.playstation.net/cdn/ DL link:
    US - God of War 2 HD [ NPUA80491 ]
    EU - God of War 2 HD [ NPEA00256 ]

sasho648 likes this.
  6. 6
    sasho648

sasho648 Forum Noob

Too late I already bought it - I'm deleting my demo of GOW3 so I can install it later. I did not however update I used instead - However it's saying there is not enough space while clearly there is - I'm using yet another bypass to access - How do I install the package after I'm thinking of using PKG linker.

7. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

I saw you got 12GB left on your PS3 (maybe more now after deleting GOW3 demo) but in my experience,
    when I tried to install a 10GB game with about 15GB free space left, PS3 says there's not enough space.
    You may want to have free space double the size of your game to be installed. (GOW 2 HD is 6.5 GB so yes, that's strange)
    Realize the PS3 needs to store the installer PKG on HDD then unpack (install part) it to system's game directories.
    I reboot to make sure all TEMP files get deleted.

Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  8. 521
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Isnt this piracy?

9. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

@Bloodmoons366466 Are you retarded? Because if you are, I will forgive you. Can't you see the root domain of that link I posted?

10. 521
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

It links to a pkg that auto downloads the game.Anyone can grab that and install it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  11. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

I think you're just trolling, showing that you do know what happens using those links. Anyone can install those retail packages then they're prompted to buy or renew licence via PSN.

12. 521
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Hmmm,so your argument is you didnt post the licence for the game,so the link to the games pkg file is ok to post.Is that correct?

Im not sure if the admins on here will agree with you but i hope you are aware that this site has strict rules against anything related to piracy.Im just telling you for your own good.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  13. 2,913
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Well, sony servers allows to download the file by everybody and in any device, they doesnt makes any check to see if the device downloading it is a PS3 and no need to have a PSN account to download it, also the fact he knew the link means is exposed, they didnt hidden it or anything
    And the PKG is secured, you need a license to run it (by a different download link, this is the one secured)

And sciaa... there was no need to use gross words, the "retarded" was unneeded

jcorrea likes this.
  14. 6
    sasho648

sasho648 Forum Noob

But can't you resign the package with fake act?

I've already bought the game legally so piracy is out of the question as far as I'm concerned.

However I can't normally install it since it says I don't have enough free space from the store. That's why I'm currently splitting the package in parts so I can install it one by one from my usb.

15. 7,578
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Your reply to a perfectly valid question is in breach of forum rule #3 so please review the guidelines you agreed to follow on sign up. Consider this reminder to the rules a friendly warning from the moderation team but a warning nonetheless, there won't be another.
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/site-forum-rules-guidelines.79/

The PSN games pkg files are freely available on Sony's servers because they were designed to be unusable without the proper rif license, (basically the game rap file is used in conjunction with data specific to your console setup to generate a license rif file which is valid only on your console setup & would not work on any other). That's the theory behind the free access to pkg files anyway.
    Downloading the necessary licenses (rap files) however is a different story, those files are not freely available on the PSN servers.
    In the present situation though, if the OP just bought the PS3 game from PSN on PC browser or whatever, he should basically own that rap license afaik & getting a copy of the rap file, even from an illegal source, should not really be piracy at the end of the day. One could argue the means but you cannot steal what already belongs to you. Of course, if you don't buy the PSN game license first, using a downloaded license rap file to create a rif is "de facto" full fledged piracy, no debate there.

@sasho648
    If I were you, I would download the game rap file then providing act.dat, idps.bin & rap file, use ps3xploit resigner to resign the downloaded pkg & generate the rif license pkg.
    Install the rif license pkg & install the resigned pkg via pkg linker after enabling HAN on ps3.

As to your storage space requirements, personally the very first thing I would consider is inserting a cheap hdd in the hdd bay. You should really get yourself some decent storage like a 1Gb internal hdd but temporarily, low specs like 60Gb, sata150 running at 5400rpm would do.. Second hand, it should cost you next to nothing.
    12Gb is far too small a size for all intents & purposes, it will most likely be a constant problem.

Louis Garry likes this.
  16. 1,052
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

This dudes been warned before, he must think our rules dont apply to him. Knowledgable, but very disrespectful towards members and staff.....

17. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

Oh hohoh, you've been waiting for this, huh? Go tell mommy.

18. 37
    Sciaa...

Sciaa... Forum Noob

Being strict about anti-piracy rules is different from assuming violations. You were implying my links are hints to piracy but then you got educated today that posting URLs to Official PSN servers isn't piracy (one can figure that out with common sense)

Stop pretending to be useful by waving 'piracy!' whenever you don't fully understand what you see. You got to read and understand more than you writing and asking planted questions then you can stop crying foul.

19. 7,706
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

A little salty are we because some posed a simple question

You are stating for someone to read but clearly yourself did not notice or understand the concept of what this symbol ("?") represents at end of a sentence.

20. 521
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

I asked if it counts as piracy,i didnt claim it to be piracy,so wouldnt it be simple to just correct me rather then go out of charicter? But hey,i guess the admins will allow it as long as you dont post the licence,since the links havent been taken down.No need to get defensive over a question.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018