Developer cnsldv has a solution for unlocking your memory cards. When inserting a memory card from a >3.60 Vita in your HENkaku Vita you get the "You must update" dialog. This homebrew mounts the card in a way that isn't checked, deletes the file and unmounts again. On reboot the Vita thinks it's a new card and it passes the check. Only works on PS Vita Slim models and also PlayStation TV (Vita TV) , also needs to run HENkaku without a card inserted.
What's it for?
- Sony added some annoying features to the Vita, one of which is that you can't swap memory cards between devices with different FW versions due to the "You must update" message. If one device runs HENkaku on 3.60 and the other is above 3.60 you can't use the card in the 3.60 device.
How to install
- You need a Vita running HENkaku to be able to use CardUnlock. Install the vpk in the usual way (MolecularShell or VitaShell). If you are using a model 1K Vita you should use Application Storage Manager to copy CardUnlock to ur0: since you can't have a card in ux0: when you run it - this is only known to work with HENkaku R6 and apprently does not work with the latest. Due to what it does CardUnlock is unsafe homebrew. I recommend building it from source, you should always do this where you can.
- Start Vita without the card inserted
- Run HENkaku and start CardUnlock
- Insert card, answer "no" to "do you want to reboot now" message
- Press X to remove id.dat
- Press X to reboot or O to exit (after pressing O you can remove the card to insert in another device)
- Answer "no" to questions about copying content to the card
- You now have access to the card
How does it work?
- The Vita looks at the file id.dat in the root of the card to see if it's attached to another user/version when mounting the card. Removing this file makes the Vita think this is a new card allowing you to mount it. The problem is that you need to mount the card to remove the file and mounting ux0: causes the Vita to check the file before you can delete it. CardUnlock gets around this by mounting the card as xmc0: which is the actual mount point for external cards. The Vita doesn't check for id.dat when you mount xmc0: so we can mount the device and delete id.dat.
- The code to mount the card is based on sections of VitaShell by TheFl0w. Other stuff was taken from vitastick by Xerpi. Thanks go to Team Molecule & everyone else involved in the Vita homebrew scene, especially those who share their code to help others learn and produce more homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV CardUnlock v1.0 (by cnsldv) : Now easily access memory cards assignd to different FW
By atreyu187 on May 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM
PSV VSH Menu v1.1 [taiHen] by Joel16Developer Joel16 has dropped off a gift to the Vita community as v1.1 of PSV VSH Menu has been released. A bit of customization is introduced in v1.1 New "Launch Program" feature also has been added, these are just a couple of the changes that are listed in the entire changelog, Full details of the update for this progressing VSH menu can be seen in the details provided by the dev.
[Coming Soon] XtremeEliteBoot+ (a powerful alternative for FMCB)I wanted to introduce to the scene a project I (HWNJ) have been working on with Chelsea_Fantasy for a long of time ago. XtremeEliteBoot was a private project that we only shared with a small circle of people in Cuba back in 2012. It is intended to be a "ready to use", "all-in-one", "noob-proof" alternative to "FreeMcBoot". Also, XEB featured some exclusive features that no PS2 homebrew was able to provide until the time of writing this (2017-11-15).Continue reading
4.82 CFW FERROX STANDARD EDITION from Alexander (v1.00)PS3 Firmware update 4.82 hit the other day , which was suspected to close the PS3Xploit,, however it seems a future update will be patching that exploit as 4.82 was a planned update by Sony and did not address the PS3Xploit quite yet, but we expect that to come soon. However for you exciting CFW user's it that time as we wait and see which CFWs and APPs will be updated. While its good to see CFW released, its not advised to jump on those CFW until various apps like manager's and other utilities are updated as well. We have a 4.82 Custom Firmware / Homebrew / Tool thread for all those releases as they become live. Not all apps / Tools. / Homebrew need updates but depending on what resources they use of the system will dictate if said homebrew needs updates. usually its manager's and utilities and also the CFW , First up we have a NEW Standard CFW release by a familiar name developer @Alexander with his FERROX brand of CFW.. Checkout all the details of this CFW release; 4.82 CFW FERROX STANDARD EDITION from Alexander. If you have any issue's/ suggestions / Feedback then drop @Alexander a line in the comments below as the developer is an active patron at psx-place and also his home site CyberModding.it
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
Colecovision Emulator OPL ready ISO (version 2.0) -UniqueUserName