Developer cnsldv has a solution for unlocking your memory cards. When inserting a memory card from a >3.60 Vita in your HENkaku Vita you get the "You must update" dialog. This homebrew mounts the card in a way that isn't checked, deletes the file and unmounts again. On reboot the Vita thinks it's a new card and it passes the check. Only works on PS Vita Slim models and also PlayStation TV (Vita TV) , also needs to run HENkaku without a card inserted.
What's it for?
- Sony added some annoying features to the Vita, one of which is that you can't swap memory cards between devices with different FW versions due to the "You must update" message. If one device runs HENkaku on 3.60 and the other is above 3.60 you can't use the card in the 3.60 device.
How to install
- You need a Vita running HENkaku to be able to use CardUnlock. Install the vpk in the usual way (MolecularShell or VitaShell). If you are using a model 1K Vita you should use Application Storage Manager to copy CardUnlock to ur0: since you can't have a card in ux0: when you run it - this is only known to work with HENkaku R6 and apprently does not work with the latest. Due to what it does CardUnlock is unsafe homebrew. I recommend building it from source, you should always do this where you can.
- Start Vita without the card inserted
- Run HENkaku and start CardUnlock
- Insert card, answer "no" to "do you want to reboot now" message
- Press X to remove id.dat
- Press X to reboot or O to exit (after pressing O you can remove the card to insert in another device)
- Answer "no" to questions about copying content to the card
- You now have access to the card
How does it work?
- The Vita looks at the file id.dat in the root of the card to see if it's attached to another user/version when mounting the card. Removing this file makes the Vita think this is a new card allowing you to mount it. The problem is that you need to mount the card to remove the file and mounting ux0: causes the Vita to check the file before you can delete it. CardUnlock gets around this by mounting the card as xmc0: which is the actual mount point for external cards. The Vita doesn't check for id.dat when you mount xmc0: so we can mount the device and delete id.dat.
- The code to mount the card is based on sections of VitaShell by TheFl0w. Other stuff was taken from vitastick by Xerpi. Thanks go to Team Molecule & everyone else involved in the Vita homebrew scene, especially those who share their code to help others learn and produce more homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV CardUnlock v1.0 (by cnsldv) : Now easily access memory cards assignd to different FW
By atreyu187 on May 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM
HAN Toolbox v0.5 - New Release adds new Debug Setting Toggler, Theme Downloader & moreFollowing some of the latest Tool Releases from Team PS3Xploit >>>seen here<<< , it was due for the Unofficial Companion for PS3Xploit to be updated, The XMB MOD dubbed the HAN Toolbox has been upgraded to version 0.5 by the developer's behind the XMB MOD for PS3 HAN (Ps3Xploit v3), This update provides a variety of new features the toolbox now is supporting Debug Settings with a new Toggler, Theme and Wallpaper Downloads have also been added, Of course can't go without mentioning some of the new eye-candy that is present with update as New eye-catching Icons for the XMB Menus, along with re-arranging of various menu's to better accommodate the new features under the hood of this supercharged XMB MOD. As the PS3Xploit Team keeps progressing and evolving its great to see other contributors create other great projects like this Unofficial CompanionContinue reading
TheFlow updates Adrenaline to Version 6.3 - Fixes PS1 Framerates and other new improvementsBefore you think there are only new updates and releases for the PS3 and/or PS4, keep in mind that the PSVita has still a lot of potential for being a handy and portable "Homebrew machine", not only for making your life easier with your backups, but also for other useful functions including to play your PSP & PS1 Classics on-the-go. And while Sony recently released a new and boring System Software Update (Version 3.68 is the recent one, if you are really interested), Developer @TheFlow still keeps his software updated, not only by fixing several bugs, but also by including new and useful functions allowing you to have the best experience with your PSP and PS1 Games. And since he keeps this software updated twice in only two days (with Version 6.2 and - as the title already suggests - Version 6.3), this shows even more that there is still a lot of potential for this handheld device.Continue reading
[UPDATE 4.82.2 Released) 4.82.1 REBUG REX CFW (w/ COBRA 7.55) + Homebrew Updated for 4.82 DEXUpdate (April 16) for DEX user's >>> REBUG 4.82.2 (see update below)
We seen the release of 4.82 REBUG LITE (A CEX CFW) released but without the emergence of a 4.82 DEX Firmware in the public hands, we had to wait for a REBUG REX (a hybrid of CEX/DEX) release on 4.82. The wait is now over as the team has obtained a 4.82 DEX PUP and have the CFW ready to go. REBUG REX (w/ COBRA v7.55) is ready to take the plunge into 4.82. Also IRISMAN / webMAN MOD / ManaGunZ by developer Aldostools/Zar to add support for this new release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: