Developer cnsldv has a solution for unlocking your memory cards. When inserting a memory card from a >3.60 Vita in your HENkaku Vita you get the "You must update" dialog. This homebrew mounts the card in a way that isn't checked, deletes the file and unmounts again. On reboot the Vita thinks it's a new card and it passes the check. Only works on PS Vita Slim models and also PlayStation TV (Vita TV) , also needs to run HENkaku without a card inserted.
What's it for?
- Sony added some annoying features to the Vita, one of which is that you can't swap memory cards between devices with different FW versions due to the "You must update" message. If one device runs HENkaku on 3.60 and the other is above 3.60 you can't use the card in the 3.60 device.
How to install
- You need a Vita running HENkaku to be able to use CardUnlock. Install the vpk in the usual way (MolecularShell or VitaShell). If you are using a model 1K Vita you should use Application Storage Manager to copy CardUnlock to ur0: since you can't have a card in ux0: when you run it - this is only known to work with HENkaku R6 and apprently does not work with the latest. Due to what it does CardUnlock is unsafe homebrew. I recommend building it from source, you should always do this where you can.
- Start Vita without the card inserted
- Run HENkaku and start CardUnlock
- Insert card, answer "no" to "do you want to reboot now" message
- Press X to remove id.dat
- Press X to reboot or O to exit (after pressing O you can remove the card to insert in another device)
- Answer "no" to questions about copying content to the card
- You now have access to the card
How does it work?
- The Vita looks at the file id.dat in the root of the card to see if it's attached to another user/version when mounting the card. Removing this file makes the Vita think this is a new card allowing you to mount it. The problem is that you need to mount the card to remove the file and mounting ux0: causes the Vita to check the file before you can delete it. CardUnlock gets around this by mounting the card as xmc0: which is the actual mount point for external cards. The Vita doesn't check for id.dat when you mount xmc0: so we can mount the device and delete id.dat.
- The code to mount the card is based on sections of VitaShell by TheFl0w. Other stuff was taken from vitastick by Xerpi. Thanks go to Team Molecule & everyone else involved in the Vita homebrew scene, especially those who share their code to help others learn and produce more homebrew.
PS VITA / PS TV CardUnlock v1.0 (by cnsldv) : Now easily access memory cards assignd to different FW
By atreyu187 on May 4, 2017 at 10:12 PM
PS3 PRO MOD - Give your XMB a new look with these mods by LuanTelesHere is a cool mod for 4.81 PS3 Custom Firmware user's as psx-place memeber LuanTeles has put together and released a suite of XMB modifications that he has dubbed the PS3 PRO MOD. This collections contains he PS3 PRO coldboot & gameboot, new boot & xmb sounds, New Custom Icons & new xmb wave , Checkout the video preview and see the included release post for additional details-STLcardsWSContinue reading
Adrenaline 5.1 Update Now LiveSeems developer TheFl0w has been busy yet again but this time with his eCFW (Adrenaline) for the PS Vita pushing the latest 5.1 and remember if you already have it installed you can simply update from the xmb using the built in function by Sony. Here is the change-log with all the changes outlined in v5.1.Continue reading
ArkFast v2.2 - gdljjrod announces new functions in this update.gdljjrod has released version 2.2 of the PS Vita / PlayStation TV utility called ArkFast. This HENkaku homebrew (vpk) created with OneLua will easily install ARK-2 for the firmware's internal PSP emulator on HENkaku exploit (for firmware 3.60). With this update the developers now give the ability to clone any PSP Game and new pboot.pbp checks that provides a couple of new features as defined in the included change log provided.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- well smeth