CECHC - Power ribbon fix

Discussion in 'Hardware Mods' started by fresh, Dec 5, 2018.

1. 59
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

If your power ribbon is broken, take a ribbon from a broken optical drive and a sharp knife. Here it's a xbox 360 one. Took about 15 minutes.

CECHC-Fix.JPG

Greets.

sandungas likes this.
  2. 450
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Member

I remember i had the same situation once, these bloody ribbon cables are delicate, and broke one, eventually got it fixed by cutting the Memory Card ribbon, although it was long, it got fixed for a short time, the PS3 was broken anyways (if aint broke dont fix it) :D

3. 2,898
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Hehe, pretty cool, looks like official :encouragement:

Btw, you was lucky to find one at home that fits well with the pin gaps of the connectors (distance in between pins), but if you find one is worthy to take a sharp knife and try to repurpose it, if made well the result is going to be electrically perfect, as good as the official

4. 59
    fresh

fresh Forum Noob

I tried to fix the original, cut the broken end and removed the plastic. Problem was it takes 30 minutes to break it again.

The new one is longer ,more flexible and the wire gap is ideal standard. The power/eject ribbon needs 10 wires. The internal xbox360 dvd drive ribbon had around 20 before cutting. Better than the original and i love it. :D