PS VITA / PS TV CelesteBlue previews a decrypted Kernel Dump from FW 3.65!

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Roxanne, Mar 13, 2018.

By Roxanne on Mar 13, 2018 at 1:37 PM
  1. 86
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:

Not only the PS4 saw it's "Holy Grail release" a few days ago, now developer CelesteBlue has previewed on his Twitter-Account the Vita's version of the "holy grail". A decrypted kernel dump from the PS Vita's System Firmware 3.65, which looks very promising for future exploits on higher Firmware >3.60 and above.

3.65 hacked.jpg

• [1/2] The first "holy grail" I will give to 3.65 PSVita scene will be... the 3.65 decrypted kernel ! Now, no need to wait for TheFloW to find the 3.65 NIDs Anyone can do it @dots_tb and I will release in a few days many tools to help reversing the PSVita Enjoy !

[2/2] With the decrypted bootimage.skprx we can extract many kernel modules using @notzecoxao extractor. This outputs 56 ELFs of kernel modules.

Since the latest HENkaku Ensō port is still needed to be installed from System Firmware 3.60, this release looks very promising not only to find new exploits for higher System Firmware, but it will also help to understand "The Inside of the PSVita" itself for Reverse Engineering in general. CelesteBlue also explains that he will release several tools to dump the kernel by your own, so he welcomes everyone to find new exploits or other interesting stuff for the PSVita.

Maybe this is just the beginning for a future release of a proper Custom Firmware above System Firmware >3.60 and a bright future for hacking the PSVita in general. What do you think? You can discuss it right here in this Thread down below.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    swel, ed89, dazzaXx and 5 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Roxanne, Mar 13, 2018.

1. haznpapo
      haznpapo
      good stuff. can't wait
    2. Berion
      Berion
      We need to go deeper for "proper CFW". ;p TBH, why we cannot entitle HENkaku Enso with all fantastic modules as CFW?
    3. Roxanne
      Roxanne
      I edited it. Sorry for misunderstanding. I meant to have a „proper“ one above >3.60 since the actual one has still to be installed from 3.60
      kozarovv and Berion like this.