Cfw 4.65 updateting to newest one how?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by Dawid_18, Feb 11, 2018.

1. 2
    Dawid_18

Dawid_18 New Member

Hi to everyone.
    My PS3 Fat:
    4.65 CFW SC35 PL3 COBRA 7.0N COMPATIBILE
    4.66.10MMCM
    BR drive after upgrading cfw long time ago did stoped to work ( spining but not reading any disc).
    1 Question is how to jump to newest cfw and multiman which is the best and where to search packages? (important here would be to start my backups without working BR drive and to don't delete things from my internal HDD)
    2 Question is how I can repair my BR drive in the mean time is it just laser problem or it's deeper?
    3 Has something got changed about banned PS3 Fat 4.60 because I have also the second one which has a cfw rebug (old) and official games from ps store installed, is there a way to once again use it for online even if I jump back to official fv?

I don't have any tools to program ps3 so only software (pendrive) options are possible.
    Thank you in advance for any help.
    Best regards

2. 5,741
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Question is that your ps3 can install normal (not no-bd) cfw. If yes, then is just laser. If no then is daughterboard problem.
    Assuming that your ps3 have broken db. Download some 4.82 no-bd cfw. Put update to usb formatted to fat 32. In to path usb/PS3UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and update from storage in xmb.

Remember to unmount game, and remove BD disc. Also your cfw is old so you probably will be forced to delete "Game Data" to make your old games work again.

3. 1,327
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Try to play a song from a original audio CD, and a film from a original video DVD
    If that ones works it means the circuit boards are working fine... so the problem is in the laser pickup that is partially burned, and thats not a big problem because having a laser pickup working is not needed for CFW
    And if at some point you decide to repair it is easy, you can replace it at home (not need to calibrate the laser or other hard stuff, is just a matter of replacing the laser pickup by the new one)

kozarovv likes this.
  4. 2
    Dawid_18

Dawid_18 New Member

Thank's for all of the replays. I have did it with ferox nobd version by usb with pendrive and new multiman -> Working well. Before I have did it I have installed standard one and it boots normally but bd didn't work so as you have told me it will be laser. According to @sandungas even music or movies on cd and br are not showing nothing I just have spining sound of any cd and spining graphic in upper corner of tv and afterwords nothing happens. And still what about psn solutions If I was banned on cfw?
    Sorry for delay with replaying

5. 7,127
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

might be able to use xlink kai if you're banned from psn. I know people on the 360 use it, if they have a jtag/rgh, considering they can't sign in to xbox live anyway.

6. 1,327
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

I dont understand
    When the laser pickup is not working what you see in XMB is an spinning (error) icon
    But if at some point you see in XMB either... the name of the disc (song, film, game)... or if you are able to start it (playing a CD song, DVD film, or BD game)... it means the laser pickup is reading it

At this point it doesnt matters if the reading quality is bad (noises in audio, video cuts, or crashes inside games)...because this is just a test to check if all the circuit boards are working fine
    The point is... if at some point you are able to see ANY data that has been loaded from the disc... it means all circuit boards are working fine