Changed hdd works on opl manager not on opl

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by justin_credible, Nov 28, 2018.

1. 58
    justin_credible

justin_credible Member

I had a 500 gb hdd in an external enclosure that worked fine on opl but I didn't have near that many games so I switched the hdd in the same enclosure to a 160 gb. I copied the files to the computer formatted the new hdd to Fat32 and copied them back. Computer sees everything fine, and so does opl manager, but when I put it in my ps2 slim it shows no games. I tried refreshing I tried rebooting still nothing.

Any logical explanation why it would work on opl manager but not on opl? Any fix?

2. 58
    justin_credible

justin_credible Member

I've now tried two external hdds one's a Seagate portable one's the enclosure with a PS3 hdd and a flash drive, none of them can be read by the PS2. I went to ulaunchelf and selected mass and it doesn't show the files. All have been formatted to fat32 I'm not a noob at this I've been using OPL about 5 years. I can't understand what's going on. Can both the usb ports stop working at the same time?

3. 522
    jolek

jolek Member

4. 58
    justin_credible

justin_credible Member

I figured out I forget to use mbr instead of gpt while formatting. Been awhile since I've needed to format a ps2 hdd. Working fine now.

Yes I was using FAT32 but PS2s require mbr and not gpt. It also explains why multiple hdds weren't working.