PS3 Checkout deank's new sLaunch feature in webMAN (& webMAN MOD)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 4, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 4, 2017 at 9:54 PM
  1. 5,353
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Updatex1 (Feb. 6): sLaunch v0.9 has been updated to support additional display ratios, see details below .
    Original Article (Feb 5):
    Developer deank is back with another new feature for webMAN, this time around a new UI for accessing your games on the XMB, we have seen DeViL303's webMAN Luanchpad and this like that XMB mods gives you a new UI, unlike wM launchpad it does not utilize the "What's New" area's but launches a new menu to mount your games, as you can view in the pic (& video demo) included of this new User Interface dubbed sLaunch In the tabs found in this article i have added some of test build post from deank to give more insight on this features development, plus developer Aldostools has a test version of webMAN MOD that is supporting the sLaunch feature, see additional info on that tab included in this article below

slaunch_preview.jpg

• sLaunch 0.9: http://deanbg.com/slaunch_preview.zip

This video is of the original POC (v0.1)

It is now usable (still only in 1080p/1080i). It supports up to 1000 games in 100 pages.
      • :dir left:, :dir right:, :dir down:, :dir up: = to navigate,
      • :but l1: / :but r1: = Prev/Next page,
      • :but x: = Load title,
      • :but cir: = Exit to XMB.

It is stable and shouldn't crash like the previous version. :)

Dean

-------- Update 1 (Feb 6) --------

The link is updated with support for 480p/576p/720p displays. Because of the biliniar downscaling the text at the bottom of the screen doesn't look very nice in 480/576 but that's the best for now.

The memory usage is now down to 10MB and is completely rewritten.

http://deanbg.com/slaunch_preview.zip

For best results always wait for webMAN to show a popup message that it is ready/loaded and then use the sLaunch.

Source is also updated ( http://deanbg.com/sLaunch_0.9.zip )

webMAN is also updated to fix boot-crash when wM is set to "no-delays" (before XMB is fully loaded and it is trying to load the last title).

Make sure that you use the LATEST webMAN+sLaunch and there should be no freezes or other issues (at least I didn't get). Tested with NTFS+NETSRV+sLaunch (fully loaded).

p.s. Updated webMAN again... all should be ok now.

-Post Source

• As promised the other day:
      slaunch_preview2.jpg

I hope you like it. If used, it removes the need to use system plugins for mounting games. Also there is no need for "My Games" in the Game column. sLaunch can be started from XMB by pressing a button - loads in 1 second and it is just 11KB. It is very simple to use and fast.

Dean

-Post Source

• It is just proof-of-concept, but if someone wishes to give it a try:

slaunch_preview.jpg

You'll have to add slaunch.sprx to your boot_plugins.txt. It requires this new webMAN, so you'll have to use both. After you get your games refreshed at least once sLaunch will pick them up. To start sLaunch from XMB hold the "START" button.

This is a preview version and it will only show 1 page of 10 games, although all are detected. When I'm ready with this new interface it can become part of webMAN, so there will be no need for separate plugin, but for PoC it is what it is.

IMPORTANT: THIS TEST VERSION WORKS ONLY IN 1920x1080p/i (FullHD). Do not try it if your PS3 is set to different output.

It can be a frontend to webMAN or webMAN MOD as long it finds "/dev_hdd0/tmp/wmtmp/slaunch.bin" which is a simple file with "NAME", "ICON", "PATH". Once you load a game it sends the request to webMAN/webMAN MOD. :)

:)
      Dean

-Post Source

• Setting up sLaunch on webMAN MOD v1.46.02 FULL

1-Download wMM from the link above and upload it to /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server_full.sprx

2-Also download slaunch.sprx from http://deanbg.com/slaunch_preview.zip

3-Extract the zip and upload slaunch.sprx to /dev_hdd0/plugins/slaunch.sprx

4-Download /dev_hdd0/boot_plugins.txt, edit the file and add the line: /dev_hdd0/plugins/slaunch.sprx

The file should look like this:
      /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server_full.sprx
      /dev_hdd0/plugins/wm_vsh_menu.sprx
      /dev_hdd0/plugins/slaunch.sprx

5-Upload boot_plugins.txt and restart.

6-Refresh XML and hold down the :but start: button for near 3 seconds.

NOTE: If you prefer, you can put the files in the root of /dev_hdd0 instead of /dev_hdd0/plugins
      But you will need to use the proper path in boot_plugins.txt

-Post Source (2)

Download(s):

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Phil
      Phil
      thanks,where do iput the slaunch.sprx file,cant wait to try this

sorry readit alland now know

all working fine so far just want to say this is awsome,great work looks beautiful
      Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    2. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Thanks a lot @deank @aldostools for continuing to develop and support on PS3
      I had black screen with two white lines in down of page this morning with one of the first version published :(
      I just now tested on D-REX 4.81.2 with sLuanch v0.9 + webMAN MOD 1.46.02 full edition
      It work great to mount PS3 ISO :)
      Really big potential I wish

Edit: I dont have covers games only blue discs and when I launch sLaunch i got blaks lags to open page but work fine after
    3. Phil
      Phil
      Only thing I've noticed so far is that it loads the game previous to the one selected but no other problems so far
      0_obeWAN likes this.
    4. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Your right I confirm there is a problem
      @deank @aldostools
      Disc mounted is not the one selected in sLaunch
    5. kozarovv
      kozarovv

In webMAN or in webMAN MOD?
    6. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      WTF-IGO and kozarovv like this.
    7. deank
      deank
      It is fixed now and the link is updated with the new sprx (and with key-repeat).

p.s. Just redownload the zip. It has proper key-repeat now.
      WTF-IGO, Zwei, maniek6666 and 2 others like this.
    8. deank
      deank
      http://deanbg.com/sLaunch_0.9.zip (source+sprx).

I wrote it in just 2 days, so there are not a lot of comments (not that they are needed). It is based on the vsh_menu, so you're all familiar with it. Most of the functions are changed, it works with the frame-buffer and there is jpeg decoder.

Next few days I'll try to make it work in 720p/576p/480p but I don't promise anything.

It is not CPU intensive at all, the RSX is paused, so both processors will actually cool down while in sLaunch. :) It doesn't do frame-flips nor writes to the whole screen all the time. It only writes the changes it needs to visualize, hence it can achieve about 320MB/s (about 80Mpix / 40fps @ 1080p) if the whole screen must be redrawn (which is not needed :) ).

Dean :)
      T.A.U, Tranced, WTF-IGO and 13 others like this.
    9. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      I got black screen and console freeze with this new version (No reboot with webMAN from PC)
      D-REX 4.81.2 with sLuanch v0.9 + webMAN MOD 1.46.02 full edition
    10. Drag
      Drag
      It's the same for me in FERROX 4.81 COBRA 7.5
    11. Drag
      Drag
      Slaunch and webmaan 1.46 n just freezes if mount psp iso
      Zwei likes this.
    12. Zwei
      Zwei
      You have installed the Cobra PSP Launcher ?
      EDIT:

@deank
      I confirm
      PSP Games is freezing on webman 1.46n
    13. Drag
      Drag
      Tested psp remaster and psp launcher
    14. self_slaughter
      self_slaughter
      Wow, that looks so quick to load... amazing work.
      Can't wait to see if you get it working on 576i/480i so I can try it on my old Sony Triniton.
      Things are looking so promising on the PS3 front, right when you thought it would die. Love it.
      Maybe the start of a good retroarch launcher using jpg artwork?? ;)
      Sdw100 and deank like this.
    15. deank
      deank
      The PSP ISO crash is fixed - just redownload webftp_server.sprx (webMAN).
      Tranced, WTF-IGO and Sdw100 like this.
    16. MHAF99
      MHAF99
      Thanks a lot although it freezes randomly at exit ;(
      using latest rebug
    17. deank
      deank
      It seems more like a webMAN issue (not sLaunch). I'm trying to find out what is going on.
      Tranced, MHAF99 and WTF-IGO like this.
    18. MHAF99
      MHAF99
      ca
      yeah it seems like a conflict is going on between em somehow
    19. deank
      deank
      The link is updated with support for 480p/576p/720p displays. Because of the biliniar downscaling the text at the bottom of the screen doesn't look very nice in 480/576 but that's the best for now.

The memory usage is now down to 10MB and is completely rewritten.

http://deanbg.com/slaunch_preview.zip

For best results always wait for webMAN to show a popup message that it is ready/loaded and then use the sLaunch.

Source is also updated ( http://deanbg.com/sLaunch_0.9.zip )

webMAN is also updated to fix boot-crash when wM is set to "no-delays" (before XMB is fully loaded and it is trying to load the last title).

Make sure that you use the LATEST webMAN+sLaunch and there should be no freezes or other issues (at least I didn't get). Tested with NTFS+NETSRV+sLaunch (fully loaded).

p.s. Updated webMAN again... all should be ok now.
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
      T.A.U, MHAF99, STLcardsWS and 2 others like this.