PS3 COBRA 7.52 (Homebrew Blocker for PSN & more) + REBUG TOOLBOX 02.02.13 (NEW Cobra Payload Updater)

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 21, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 21, 2017 at 6:56 PM
  1. 6,195
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

It has been quite impressive seeing the progression of the COBRA payload over time, COBRA originally debut on the PS3 way back in 2011 as the CobraUSB (by Team Cobra) this refers to version 1.0 - 6.0 of the payload. This is the period that the device was closed sourced and locked down to Cobra's USB dongle. After the device was put aside and shelved by Team Cobra, it laid dormant for sometime, not keeping up with firmware updates and leaving user with many bugs for the early 4.2x CFWs. There was some public pressure for the team to release the source code and with Team Cobra at the time launching a new product in the ODE, the team folded to public pressure and we seen the source code release(s) and the Open Source Cobra (usb-less version) refers to v7.0+ (which currently we stand at version 7.52)

Since that source code release we have seen the likes of @Joonie, @habib, @KW, @deank, @_NzV_ & @aldostools. make various improvements to COBRA and the evolution continues with release and progression of version 7.52 by Joonie that has added various new elements to the payload like the new Homebrew Blocker (by KW & aldostools) that blocks various homebrew when CFW syscalls are disabled from being executed when connecting to PSN, user' have the ability to create custom cfg list to add any additional homebrew then the defaults offer (details listed in the release quote below). Also in v7.52 a fix was provided by Habib that repairs lv1 peek support within multiMAN.

Joonie, has an additional surprise as updating COBRA just got alot easier for REBUG user's as an update has been released for REBUG Toolbox with a new feature: that will allow you to download/update the payload directly from the toolbox, see the easy tutorial (w/ pics) that Joonie has provided. Please take note that this is ONLY for REBUG 4.81.XX CFW user's you should not use this on lower version or other COBRA CFW such as Habib's.

• cobra_7.51.png
      COBRA 7.52
      I updated the COBRA revision to 7.52 from 7.51 the source is available in this commit: https://github.com/Joonie86/COBRA-7......

The Following Changes have been added:

Homebrew Blocker
      By default, COBRA can block following apps from being launched "ONLY AFTER" Syscalls are disabled by stealth plugins and homebrews​
      • BLES806XX Multiman and assorted tools are in the format BLES806**
      • BLJS10018 PSNPatch Stealth (older versions were already detected as non-NP/BC/BL)
      • BLES08890 PSNope by user
      • BLES13408 FCEU NES Emulator
      • BLES01337 Awesome File Manager
      • BLND00001 dev_blind
      • NPEA90124 SEN Enabler
      And custom config files can be used for white/black listing apps/homebrews/games as you need​

Here's the original quote by @kokotonix about this feature:
      So after disabling syscalls, launching homebrews will result following
      6.PNG

and also, I realized many people having hard time updating their COBRA binaries, I decided to add a new feature to REBUG TOOLBOX

COBRA Payload Updater
      Currently the toolbox has a detection for lower revisions of COBRA.

So any version "below 7.52 and 4.81.X" will be supported [REBUG REX / D-REX 4.81.1 and 4.81.2] REBUG 4.80 and below are NOT supported, neither NON-REBUG (Meaning CFWs like HABIB,FERROX and such). AGAIN NOT DECR!!​

Here's a little tutorial that can help you understand how it works:

REQUIREMENTS!!

• REBUG 4.81.1 or 4.81.2
      • COBRA 7.31~7.51

1. Firstly make sure you're on REBUG 4.81.X [1 or 2] and COBRA must be active prior to the update, otherwise the option will NOT be shown
      1.jpg

2. Locate the option COBRA Payload Updater
      2.png

3. Select "UPDATE"
      3.png

4. "COBRA payload updated!" will be shown when finished
      4.jpg

5. Exiting the toolbox will restart the system to apply the change
      Screenshot_3.png

6. Enjoy the new COBRA 7.52
      555.JPG

Here's the quick summary and the download link for the new toolbox 2.02.13​

1. COBRA Payload 7.52 including

• @habib's bug fix for lv1 peek support for multiMAN,
      • @deank's backup disc support for PS3 games
      • KW and @aldostools's homebrew blocker thanks to @kokotonix for informing

2. COBRA Updater for REBUG 4.81.X

IMPORTANT NOTE:
      REBUG 4.80 and below are NOT supported, neither NON-REBUG (Meaning CFWs like HABIB,FERROX and such) AGAIN NOT DECR!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    DEATHROW, disyoko, Alexander and 15 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 21, 2017.

1. LizZo
      LizZo
      I have used sMAN and MultiMAN, with the same result.
      I have tried some differents mods (my idea was that these mods were bugged), and also with the original files (so with no mods) the result is the same: Crash on the loading screen.
    2. jonaaa
      jonaaa
      @Joonie, same problem on GTA V, sometimes, the game freezes if i use any RTM Tool (TMAPI Connected), sometimes the system crashes and it says that i need to connect the USB cable to reboot... COBRA 7.51 was fine...

EDIT:

Nevermind, the problem was the EBOOT... fixed it.
      Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
      WTF-IGO likes this.
    3. karenjan99
      karenjan99
      hi guys i know there is a new feature in cobra which allow play any game via remote play without checking remote play option in param.sfo but there is a problem, all games run in lower resolutions and not in 480p. is it possbile make changes in cobra to stream games in 480p?
      i use ntfs hard drive with isos and i dont want to rebuild games for changing param.sfo that is long process
      i also tried hex edit iso with hxd and i get working 480p (but game freezes in loading screen becasue one file became broken)
      I did everything right but after searches i'l find that one file from the iso became 0 byte and in other 2-3 games too which i not open in hex. wtf? :mad:
      Why did it happen so I do not know :confused:
      So I'm looking for another way if it possible of course :(
      Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
    4. Spawn
      Spawn
      DO we need to grab the v02.02.14 from git, or does it auto-update if we already installed v02.02.13?