PS3 COBRA v 7.51 Payload Released with latest Contributions from around the Scene

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 4, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 4, 2017 at 6:07 PM
  1. 6,033
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer Joonie has released a new update for Cobra payload updating the payload to version 7.51 with some changes from around the community, we have seen Full Burned Optical Media support has been added that deank released recently, also allowances for temporary LV1 Peek from syscall 8 when disabling Cobra that was contributed by habib & aldostools, now TMAPI has the ability to attach any module, thanks to aerosoul contributions. Seems the community is coming together in many ways to progress ps3 hacking scene.

cobra_7.51.png
    Cobra v7.51 for REBUG

• I uploaded new binaries that fixes the issue with LV1 peek from "multiMAN" mode while COBRA is active.​

Following changes are added in this release of COBRA 7.51
      • Allows temporary LV1 peek from syscall 8 when "disabling COBRA" is not used thanks to @habib and @aldostools
      • Full burned optical media support for PS3 Games. (CD-R, DVD-R SL/DL, BD-R SL/DL, BD-RE) thanks to @deank
      • TMAPI can now attach any module [Thanks to aerosoul who reversed this!] <- currently commented due to compatibility issues with PC cheat tools.

Payloads are available via this link

Warning
      • Replacing main Custom Firmware component is very risky, before overwriting your old files check that new one have correct MD5 Checksum! If MD5 is different from one described below, DO NOT copy it to your PS3 or you will brick it!
      • DEX stage2 MD5: 4C594A1DF96CB0FED3535EF78A63E4AE
      • CEX stage2 MD5: 90FDB6B6A359CE8817A72FC2B41619EC

• COBRA 7.51
      • Allows temporary LV1 peek from syscall 8 when "disabling COBRA" is not used thanks to @habib and @aldostools
      • Full burned optical media support for PS3 Games. (CD-R, DVD-R SL/DL, BD-R SL/DL, BD-RE) thanks to @deank
      • TMAPI can now attach any module [Thanks to aerosoul who reversed this!] <- currently commented due to compatibility issues with PC cheat tools.

Cobra 7.50:

• modules can be updated, no more hash update needed
      • ps2 iso decrypted config support
      • allow ps2 netemu on bc with cobra opcode 0x1ee9
      • stealth extension now disables sc15 as well
      • ps2 netemuu on bc and semi-bc ps3:
      • ]bc_to_net(opcode, param)
        param=1 enable patch
        param=0 disable patch
        param=2 return current status
        returns:
        return 1=enabled patch
        return 0=disabled patch
        return -1=its not a bc or semi bc ps3
        int ps2_netemu_cobra(int param)
        {lv2syscall2(8, (uint64_t)0x1ee9, (uint64_t)(int)param);
        return_to_user_prog(int);]

ps2 with config: Place your config where your iso is and name it iso_name+".CONFIG" support for classics with encrypted config remains grab some from:

COBRA 7.40 :

• stage0_base updated for faster boot timings
      • no more debug texts overwritten for devs
      • syscall 15 added
      • Updates hashes to cobra internally

COBRA 7.31: (released after v7.40 but did not contain full feature set of v7.40)
      • Syscall 15 and improved stage0 base payload)

• As of Feburary 2nd 2017, following has been changed and updated since 4.46 COBRA 7

Joonie's Changes
      • Firmware spoofing is disabled due to the changes of PSN Auth since 4.60
      • PLS3 patches are removed from modulespatch.c since this is one of those pre-applied patches on 4.xx CFW
      • unknown E3 patches are removed to fix an issue with XMB, [Originally found by rancid-0, from his PS3ITA 4.50 COBRA]
      • Dual VSH supported for REBUG REX / D-REX CFW, with the proper hash check code was developed by habib and Nzv recently.
      • NPDRM Fself fix is no longer used due to improved fself patches hard coded within the firmware modules on REX/D-REX

Habib's changes
      • Improved Stage0 Base payload, this clears stage1 when stage2 is not loaded on LV2, which completely disabled COBRA mode.
      • Syscall 11 is added to support full lv1 peek.
      • Syscall 15 is added to allow execution of any lv2 internal function.
      • Allow Syscall 11 to gain full access to syscall 6/7/9/10 to prevent modification from homebrews like multiMAN.
      • PS2 Launcher is no longer needed due to new codes in storage_ext, now COBRA can behave the same way that VSH does to apply configuration of DS3 controllers.
      • PS2 Launcher can still be used, which allows PS2ISO with netemu on backward compatible consoles.
      • PS2 Netemu toggle is added for Backward compatible consoles, it is very useful for those units with broken EE/GS chips as well.
      • PS2 Netemu can now use decrypted CONFIG, place the game config file in the same game path for ex)
        • dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/GOW.ISO
        • dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/GOW.ISO.CONFIG
      • HASH calculation algorithm is changed, now it uses static hashes, so the hashes will not be changed unless modules have major changes.
      • Stealth extension support to disable Syscall 15
      • Allows temporary LV1 peek from syscall 8 when "disabling COBRA" is not used

KW's changes
      • webMAN integration on boot. Also disables external webMAN plugin located in dev_hdd0
      • PSN Patch stealth mode, it remove custom syscall from the ps3

Dean's changes
      • Improved map_path, to fix the issue with games like Shadow of Mordor
      • Permission protection is disabled to increase game compatiblity and full DEX support.[no more issue with Target Manager or CCAPI]
      • 80010017 / 8001002B Error fix is added since 4.60, this was developed to prevent issues with games when game disc is inserted in BD Drive.
      • LIC.DAT check is patched to fix the issue with launching homebrew since 4.60
      • Full burned optical media support for PS3 Games. (CD-R, DVD-R SL/DL, BD-R SL/DL, BD-RE)

Nzv's changes

• PS3MAPI 1.2.2 support, it is similar feature comparing to CCAPI, but open sourced project and also can unload vsh plugins , attatch process on all type of EBOOT.
      • One of those great debugging features.
      • Partial disable syscall8 and unhooks all cobra hooks (Part of PS3MAPI)
      • Block Firmware Update from disc

Aldo's changes
      • Improved PSX media type support, now it supports following disc types
      • * 2048 // 2352 // 2336 // 2448 *
      • Improved Video mode patch with proper region detection Original COBRA payload was relying on ps1emu's detection method, now COBRA has extra pre-processing that can detect region properly and force apply correct refresh rate depending on the game's region. (Improved PS3MAPI functions)
      • Added PEEK/POKE (LV1/LV2) as PS3MAPI opcodes (syscall8)
      • Added option to block access and request access to syscall8 using a key (also as PS3MAPI opcodes)
      • Added temporary disablement of Cobra syscall8 to allow dumpers peek 0x1000 to 0x9800
      • BASIC_PLUGIN hash is commented.

Source: psx-place.com

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
    djdrew, esc0rtd3w, rocknard and 17 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Zwei
      Zwei
      Congratulations on the job, guys.
      kozarovv likes this.
    2. Metalomeus
      Metalomeus
      Thx Joonie !! Much appreciated for us Rebug Users ^^

One little Question i do have.....
      Is this just a copy and paste thing and what do i do with the lv2_kernel.self.CEX481.stage1.release file ?

TIA Meta
    3. Joonie
      Joonie
      No those are for CoreOS, just replace stage2 files only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      WTF-IGO, aldostools and Metalomeus like this.
    4. lord3490
      lord3490
      Thanks to all involved :D
      The ps3 is an old console now and still new development coming from the scene, love it.
      Also, it's great to see how you guys work together :)
      Whenever I think all the features are already there you come up with something new :)

I'm curious what's coming up next :D
      WTF-IGO, ricardo and DeViL303 like this.
    5. BryceOne
      BryceOne
      am i to rename stage2.cex to stage2.bin?
    6. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      This is for Rebug firmware only.
      WTF-IGO likes this.
    7. BryceOne
      BryceOne
      I have REBUG 4.81.2 REX EDITION installed. (The one I had installed 2 days ago used stage2.bin). Where do we replace the stage2.cex file? Is it the one in dev_blind / rebug / cobra?
      oldps3fan likes this.
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Rebug is not using stage2.bin. Even if you placed it somewhere it still use stage2.cex and stage2.dex placed in dev_blind/rebug/cobra/
      ed89 and WTF-IGO like this.
    9. oldps3fan
      oldps3fan
      at least they should added how to properly install or place it in ps3 using rebug firmware. as we dont very often replace manualy files inside ps3 :P
    10. psykosis
      psykosis
      They could have not released it at all. They could have not released instructions. They could have not even paid attention to the fourms. They could have excluded rebug completely.

These are things they did NOT do. The things they DID DO, we should be grateful for.
      If this is too difficult for you, I suggest waiting until a full rebug w/ changes appears
    11. karenjan99
      karenjan99
      guys im use 4.81.2 rex edition i must replace both files? or only cex?
    12. karenjan99
      karenjan99
      im replaced both files,
      thanks guys all work fine, tested on minecraft from cd-r :)
      DeViL303 likes this.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Both.
      WTF-IGO and DeViL303 like this.
    14. skonafid
      skonafid
      Thank you. Works perfectly
      DeViL303 likes this.
    15. BryceOne
      BryceOne
      Does this require a certain PS3 model to get PS2 discs to load? I just get a black screen, and I have to unplug PS3 to get it to power on. My PS3 is model CECH-2001A
    16. Joonie
      Joonie
      PS2 Optical media was already supported since COBRA 7.00, however due to the limitation from ps2_netemu for software emulation on "NON" backward compatible PS3s like yours [CECH-2001A], it does not work

So. the answer is "YES" it only works on BACKWARD compatible PS3s including following models

CECH-Axx,
      CECH-Bxx,
      CECH-Cxx,
      CECH-Exx,

DECH-Axx,
      WTF-IGO likes this.
    17. BryceOne
      BryceOne
      Thanks for the nfo. Was in hopes for a way to run PS2 games from something other than the internal HDD. With all the game data installs, running low on space there.
    18. complexusername
      complexusername
      Are there any tutorials on how to update Cobra? I did a search but I didn't find one.
    19. bguerville
      bguerville
      Cobra is made of various files including a few for ps2emu but in this particular update all you need to replace is the Cobra stage2.bin file.

In Rebug, because there are 2 modes, cex & dex, there are also 2 stage.bin files for each mode to replace. That's why they have .cex & .dex appended to the name. The files are found in /dev_flash/rebug/cobra & obviously as /dev_flash is readonly you need to enable /dev_blind with multiman or webMAN ftp server to write to the flash memory or you could simply use Rebug Toolbox Ftp server which enables a writable flash partition by default on start.

In other Cobra cfw you will only find a CEX version & it will be called stage2.bin.
      It has been placed in various /dev_flash locations in past cfw but usually you should find it in /dev_flash/sys.
      To write to /dev_flash, the tip for ftp server explained above still applies.

In any case it is obvious that should use the same name as the files you are replacing!

In order to apply the changes, a reboot is necessary after replacing the Cobra file.

Each CFW requires a different set of Cobra files so when you update Cobra, make sure you confirm that you are using the right set for your CFW type & version. It's especially important if you are using a nand based console.
      Remember, messing with /dev_flash should never be done lightly so double check what you are doing.
      Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
      ed89, complexusername and WTF-IGO like this.