PS3 Collection of Apps Patched For NoPSN Access [Quick Download List]

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by esc0rtd3w, Aug 13, 2017.

1. 79
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 PSX-Place Supporter

The same happens if the DS3 battery is running low - it pops up for a few seconds and pauses the video for the time it's on screen.

bitsbubba and esc0rtd3w like this.
  2. 776
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    can you clarify that a bit?

3. 79
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 PSX-Place Supporter

When the battery of the PS3 controller is running very low, and the LED is flashing on the gamepad; you occasionally get messages in the top right corner of the screen telling you to charge the controller. It's a system message similar in appearance to this one. The difference being, when the 'controller critically low' message (I can't remember the exact wording) shows up in the top right of the screen like other system messages, it pauses YouTube videos each time it pops up. I believe it stays on-screen for about 3-5 seconds, after which it disappears and resumes the video it seemingly paused on its own. That said, I don't think it changes the pause and play icons like when manually pausing, which I suppose makes it more of a brief freeze than a pause function caused by the system.

esc0rtd3w and sandungas like this.
  4. 2
    Alessio P

Alessio P Forum Noob

Same for me... tre point and no load

5. 4
    cashonly

cashonly Forum Noob

Hello esc0rtd3w , can you please patch a copy of HBO GO, version NPEB02387 with NoPSN? I cant find any on the internet. And other versions of the app dont work in my country.

esc0rtd3w likes this.
  6. 3
    mp3download

mp3download Forum Noob

Ok. If i install Debug Settings, how me to write error in log file?

7. 776
    esc0rtd3w

esc0rtd3w Developer

Hacker
    Home Page:
    not Debug Settings, a Debugger, i.e. ProDG, IDA, etc

you must have a REAL DEX Kernel, so CFW is a must for testing, basically. COBRA works on CEX, so you can actually get some useful info out of it without DEX in that case. You may be able to use some of the NP Debug options under Debug Settings, but not nearly as efficient as a debugger is

bitsbubba likes this.
  8. 7,422
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

It is not that simple, there is no log file being used in the process esc0rtd3w mentioned to you.
    The Debug Settings you can get on OFW using the ps3xploit tool is no substitute for a debug kernel. They are just settings, normally to be used in conjunction with a DEX kernel. It just so happens that some of those settings (not all) do not require the DEX kernel to be used.

To do the job you are talking about, you need to

1. Reverse engineer the code. That requires opening the binary files in a disassembler like IDA on PC & studying the disassembly (in ppc language) until you get your answers. It requires a PC & appropriate software (some stuff can be under expensive licensing).

2. Debug the code. That requires using a remote debugger on PC (like ProDG or the deci3 debugger plugin for IDA) to attach the app's running process on PS3. The debugger allows to view & manipulate the memory, the CPU registers & the executing code (rendered in readable ppc instructions) in real time.
    It requires a PC with appropriate software (some tools can be under expensive licensing here too) & a PS3 with a DEX kernel (it could be either a retail console on CFW or a debugging station/reference tool on OFW).

Additionally, on CFW you can also use a debug build of Cobra stage2 file in order to get Cobra Debug Output. This can be useful to get kernel errors, log messages, file i/o etc.. But unless you also make modifications to the Cobra code the Debug output is limited in scope, it is often used to get additional information that cannot be gotten with the debugger.

In practice we use a mixture of those techniques to examine the execution flow, determine the problem & find a way to solve it.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    sandungas, bitsbubba and esc0rtd3w like this.
  9. 3
    mp3download

mp3download Forum Noob

Guys, i thinking it little easy than you talk) Sorry, there i can't help because not have what you need.

Whenever, you make great work for all community!