Check it out as @CaptainCPS-X has made a return to the PS3 Homebrew Community recently and the developer has some plans and a bit of a preview of an upcoming release. A new version of his popular project FBA RL (Final Burn Alpha Retro Loader). This arcade emulator is based off the PS3 version of RetroArch/Libretro, but being CaptainCPS-X is an official contributor to the Windows FBA project and also a PS3 dev there was no better person to bring the original feel of the arcade emulators to the PS3 from windows. Now the developer is deciding to ditch the Sony SDK used to create the original version and has decided to o the pslight route for various reasons outlined in the Coming Soon Announcement you can view from CaptainCPS-X below: -STLcardsWS
What is it?
- Well for those who don't know FB Alpha is a multi-arcade emulator just like MAME, originally released on Windows. FB Alpha Retro Loader objective is to bring the original FB Alpha easy to use interface and features to PS3. It uses a modified libretro core, and a modified retroarch build.
Why do this? I can play FB Alpha on RetroArch
- Yes, you can search for a ZIP file in your HDD / External device, etc, and hope you have the right one. But FB Alpha RL has the original FB Alpha method to handle drivers, that means, that it will scan the ROMs, get all the info from the embedded FBA database generated by my custom windows FBA build (unreleased), then filter out non-working games, get max players, year, manufacturer, etc. Having the database allows me to handle libretro core properly, and not treat it like a generic emulator.
Why "Light", what happened to the old FB Alpha RL v1.04 ?
- I have the code here in my HDD, but it is C++, and I wanted to rewrite it as C, plus this time I'm using PSL1GHT, instead of PS3 SDK. I had a hard time porting a few things but its fun xD, and I can do many things I couldn't with PS3 SDK.
What are the current features?
Not much right now:
- Latest FB Alpha core (2017) (v0.2.97.42) (my build fix available at my GitHub repo)
- In sync with MAME 0.187 romset (older or newer romset might work but could give problems)
- FB Alpha driver information embedded database (v0.2.97.42).
- Preview images for FB Alpha drivers.
- Uses Tiny3D library for video.
- Configurable (.ini)
- Themes (background music (mp3), sound effects for ui (wav), fonts (.TTF), etc)
- Misc features like: Temperature, time, date, HDD space display, etc
- some other things xD
Why not release it?
- I will, as soon as I get more free time to work on the final touches for the initial release. Then in the future I will keep adding features as I find time.
PS3 [Coming Soon] FB Alpha Retro Loader (Light) v1.0 [Powered by PSL1GHT]
By CaptainCPS-X on Aug 18, 2017 at 10:12 PM
PlayStation Developer Wiki is growing - Introducing PS1 & PS2 DevWiki !!!Well, well! You (probably) already heard about the several PlayStation Developer Wikis like for the PS3 and the PS4, but also for the handheld consoles like PSP and PSVITA, with it's strong communities and useful information for each wiki. But while the actual Console Generations were already satisfied with their own wikis, there was something missing. If you wanted to get some informations about older Sony Consoles, then we had to be honest - your informations kept very short. But since we speak about the "past tense form" from "has", the lack of useful information could change with your help. Thanks to the well-known user @GregoryRasputin, you can now contribute to a PS1 and PS2 DevWiki! Yeah, that's right. Sony's both first released home consoles are getting it's own dedicated wikis and everyone is welcome to contribute.Continue reading
OPL (Open PS2 Loader) - Latest Improvements
While we have seen PS2 developer like @sp193 busy with several new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB) exploit recently, the dev along with other PS2 devs like Maximus32 have been putting in some work and making some "HUGE Advancements" to OPL as @TnA details. Open PS2 Loader or better known as simply OPL is moving along nicely with the times and making great strides still in 2018, from here i will leave it to TnA who has summed up the various progressions of this very popular PS2 ProjectContinue reading
Free Memory Card Boot v1.964 Release - A Series of new updates for FMCB since June '18 by sp193
The PS2 Community is still going strong and developer @sp193 continues to make improvements across the board on the PS2, with some of the dev's latest work coming with a series of new updates to Free Memory Card Boot (FMCB), Since June of this year the dev has provided the progress and reports as seen in the thread (in the psx-place forums) and kept us informed. There has been alot of new changes since June and each of those changes can be seen in the "Recent Developments" along with some other details about the project be sure to view all links the dev has provided for additional details about this project if your a new comer to FMCB or the PS2.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: