PS3 [Coming Soon] RetroArch (PS3) v1.2.1: Latest Details

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 16, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 16, 2015 at 1:26 PM
  1. 7,695
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

RetroArch PS3 v1.2.1 is coming close to a release and user's that have an appetite for eye candy may be pleased with more advance menu's being confirmed (for ps3 version) by one of the lead developer of the RetroArch Project; developer Squarepusher. The release is right around the corner, however there is one bug that is now preventing its release, this bug should be overcome soon as it's minor [break]ss[/break] but an annoying issue that will need to be resolved before the release of the PS3 version of v1.2.1 of RetroArch, all details can be seen in the quotes provided below..

Also, note that there has been recent Android, Nintendo Wii/GameCube & Windows version that have been released yesterday, see news on those platforms here.

53492d1407440716-retro-arch.png

Source:
    Libretro.com

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Sdw100
      Sdw100
      Thank for the update great news, thanks to the devs for all there hard work over the past months :)
    2. psykosis
      psykosis
      Movian/Showtime had a similar problem early in the 4.9 releases (bleeding edge)
      It appears fixed as of the current 4.10

Could that information help?

I know its diff software, but i'm betting some source info might help. :)
    3. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      Bleeding edge is not where you want to be any those builds are going to be troublesome, your most up to date builds are going to be test now [emoji14]
    4. psykosis
      psykosis
      well they fixed it, on a later build. I was assuming possibly their exit code was messed up somehow and later fixed. If that sources the issue faster, then it'd help.
      I'm always running some form of bleeding edge on my dev unit, to test, lol. :)
    5. lufcmattylad
      lufcmattylad
      Any news if any new cores be available to the ps3 release?
    6. psykosis
      psykosis
      Less than two days since the last update saying there is a showstopping bug? the update has been posted. Let the people work
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I am not 100% sure, but i believe vectrex and msx could be making it to RetroArch PS3 and possible others. I would expect some new cores though i would be suprised if there was not. I have not been following the development as closely as i have in previous version.
    8. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
    9. Phil
      Phil
      Any news on the ps3 release?
    10. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Would be sweet to see Atari Jag and My X support. As well as link cable support for GB as well!! The 3DO would be neat but there weren't many games I liked. My FZ-10 hasn't been on in years but doesn't mean others can't enjoy it again or for the first time.
    11. Crezazel
      Crezazel
      Anyone have any news on the release of RetroArch 1.2 for PS3? I heard there was a bug when quitting RetroAch that need to be fixed, but that was almost 2 months ago.
    12. neruve
      neruve
      Honestly, the ps3 port will be the lowest of low priority for them. It is sad but understandable. At this point they might not ever even release it.
    13. theultimategamer
      theultimategamer
      Dont get why they wont release retroarch on ps3 with latest update.

I thought retroarch was first on ps3, so that should take priority.

Seems like success has got to them.
    14. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Debug builds usually only get released for PS3 other devs compile for CEX but they just added the Vita to the mix as well.
    15. Metion
      Metion
      Also the iOS version with native external controllers support was expected to be released on January but we have no news about it.
    16. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      It is a HUGE load to carry but from what I read their iOS guy just dropped off the face of the earth. It is not just a single emulator but multiple ones on multiple platforms all with varying emulators covered.
    17. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      The PS3 version should be released soon, last i heard the bug that was preventing it's release has been dealt with. So an update should not be long from what I am hearing.
    18. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      Any news regarding The ps3 version?
    19. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      any day now, last i heard.