PS VITA / PS TV [Coming Soon- Vita Homebrew Game] Zombiebound by VitaHEX Games

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 24, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Sep 24, 2017 at 10:24 AM
  1. 6,081
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

VitaHEX Games has been on a mission to deliver various Homebrew Games and utilities, now the developer gives a bit of sneak peak of his upcoming release of Zombiebound, due out on Sept 30 or on the 26th of Sept. for Patron donators ($5 tier). this game looks to be an amazing addition to the HENkaku enabled Vita / PSTV . The dev has shared various screenshots that honestly gives a look that brings you back to the mansion of Resident Evil 1 with some gameplay of COD Zombies, in this game that is in a FPS perspective. View the details of this upcoming release in the details below and also checkout other VitaHEX apps such as Crazy Traffic 3D, PRO Camera Vita, Voice Recorder Vita & Notepad Vita

11.jpg

• My next big project: Zombiebound
      Time for my next announcement. My next big project is a new game for the PS Vita called Zombiebound. It's a 3D FPS game that plays very similar to your favourite CoD Zombies. The only CoD game on Vita skipped the "zombies" part (which was one of my favourite modes) and I felt that it was missing so that's why I decided to create Zombiebound.

22.jpg

It is developed in lua using Lua Player Plus by Rinnegatamante, it's also an open source project so you can easily modify the code, the assets, add new maps and stuff like that.

2017-09-21-160342.jpg

In terms of gameplay I tried my best to make it feel more like a "professional work". It's not easy considering the limitations of lua.

2017-09-21-155918.jpg

All of the models, the environments and most of the textures are hand-made by me. Zombies are also animated using hard-coded transforms for their parts and limbs. They walk to you avoiding obstacles and walls, some of them walk faster than the others and the more waves you pass the more difficult they get.
      There are 3 weapons so far. Pistol, shotgun and an assault rifle. Pistol is your default weapon with unlimited ammo but it's very basic in terms of damage and speed. The other two weapons can be purchased from the walls for a specific amount of points.
      There is still some work to do and some bugs to fix before the final release.

Zombiebound will be released on September 30 to everyone but our $5 Tier Patrons will get it early on September 26!

Feel free to post your comments with your impressions/suggestions about the game.

Source(s): patreon.com / twitter.com

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    DeViL303, MixeryMaxe and Dirt Weed like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Sep 24, 2017.

1. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      A rant about someone potentially leaking this game:

Seems like that guy @SilicaAndPina (who leaked Enso before it was ready, when it was incomplete/early version putting many vita at risk & the guy who created VPK brickware in the early days of HENkaky) is now threatening to leak this Game. because he claims that VitaHEX is selling homebrew with the patreon model. of giving supporters early access for a few days ). Even though the game comes to all for free a couple days later. And the dev is very transparent about that. So there is no foul here in my eyes. @SilicaAndPina is someone i gave the benefit of doubt few times but this will strike 3 for him if this is leaked.

@SilicaAndPina
      • When HENkaku first came out made some bad VPKs that would brick devices,
      • Leaked Enso (even offering money to others to obtain a copy)
      • Now is threading to leak this game because he claims that the dev is selling homebrew when in fact he is not. Gives his supporters a small window of a few days for early access. ITS AN APPRECIATION TO HIS SUPPORTERS

So if this does get leaked (even if it does not) i hope you guys follow suit and become a patreon donator like i just became. I donated but i can also wait until the 30th. i do not need early access just supporting good development and i hope you guys do as well. Because moves to leak something like this i will never stand by. Especially from a guy that does not respect the community, as he continues to prove. .
      Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
      DeViL303 and Dirt Weed like this.
    2. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Looks like cool piece of homebrew!
      DeViL303 and STLcardsWS like this.
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Hopefully others also create some maps and such for this as well. Could be the start of a really great project. but seems v1.0 has alot to offer as well. Should be fun
      DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
    4. Dirt Weed
      Dirt Weed
      This looks great! Wow I can't wait to try this! I mean.. I can wait and if it gets leaked I'll wait anyway and donate x2
    5. psykosis
      psykosis
      send pina a trollcake "please don't be a leaker"
      send to work/home.... usually stops trolls pretty quick :)