PS2 [Coming Soon] XtremeEliteBoot+ (a powerful alternative for FMCB)

Discussion in 'PS2 News' started by HWNJ, Nov 19, 2017.

By HWNJ on Nov 19, 2017 at 6:18 PM
  1. 57
    HWNJ

HWNJ Member

Developer
    Home Page:
    I wanted to introduce to the scene a project I (HWNJ) have been working on with Chelsea_Fantasy for a long of time ago. XtremeEliteBoot was a private project that we only shared with a small circle of people in Cuba back in 2012. It is intended to be a "ready to use", "all-in-one", "noob-proof" alternative to "FreeMcBoot". Also, XEB featured some exclusive features that no PS2 homebrew was able to provide until the time of writing this (2017-11-15).

xeb.png

We want to bring XEB back and finally publish it on the web in the shape of a new and upgraded version of the original XEB. This new version will be named XEB+. We think we can release it around 2018/01 or 2018/02. We already coded the new interface and functions (in other words, everything running on the PS2 side), the only thing left to code are the companion PC tools for the XEB+ exclusive features and game launchers. For you getting an idea of what that companion apps are, please check: http://www.ps2-home.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=987 and http://web.archive.org/web/20150623221419/http://www.scenespain.net/foro/ps2/ps2sx-un-gui-para-ps2psxe-(hilo-oficial)/
    USB Installer 3.x and PS2SX were created as companion apps for the original XEB. The new XEB+ will have updated versions of USB Installer and PS2SX among with some new apps like PSXtreme (for POPS).

For more details please check the official site:
    http://xebplus.co.nf/
    Mirror: http://www.xebplus.ga
    Downloads (backup): http://xebplusdl.co.nf

We need translators:
    We are trying to make XEB+, easy to use for every user. One of the most biggest milestones is the languages.
    Our native language it's Spanish, and as you can read, or English it's not the best. We are actually looking for translators. We have plans of releasing XEB+ on at least "Spanish" and "English", but we also have our doors opens for any other translations. If you can translate from "Spanish" or "English" to any other language, please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected]
    I will like to have at least two translator for each language if possible, so do not worry for beign the second or the third one to write. I always believe on team work and hope you can all work together to make a proper translation.

If you are Cuban and want to contact me please check here.

As I said before. XtremeEliteBoot+ will be released on the first months of 2018.
    UPDATE: End of April 2018 - Start of May 2018

UPDATE 2017-11-26:
    I have more than 3 translators to translate to Fre, Pt-Pt, Pt-Br, Ita, Jpn on each language (of course Eng and Spa are already covered).
    I will stay with the ones that emailed me by now for these languages.

UPDATE 2017-11-27:
    Check here for a quick FAQ about what is XEB+ and his differences with FMCB

UPDATE 2017-11-30:
    New mirrow by @Breadstick

UPDATE 2017-12-20:
    Translation stage will start on 2017-12-25

UPDATE 2017-12-23:
    Some screenshots

UPDATE 2018-01-22:
    I have a special request for everyone.
    Let's make this look good!​

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to directly boot XEB+ or the FMCB hacked OSDSYS see post HERE

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS2 News' started by HWNJ, Nov 19, 2017.

1. antonioks
      antonioks
      How wonderful, my dear, we could expect a continuation for the Popstarter, since it was closed the project. A hug and success.
      HWNJ, No0bZiLLa and DeViL303 like this.
    2. wdgames
      wdgames
      if you bring something new it will be great
      HWNJ and DeViL303 like this.
    3. bigbossu
      bigbossu
      Hey that's good stuff, I'm not a dev or anything, just an enthusiast looking foward to see what such passionate developers can bring to our beloved consoles and since ps2 is "dead" for so long, that sounds exciting.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    4. 1986panzi1986
      1986panzi1986
      nice work any englush version?
    5. Xplaya
      Xplaya
      Wow.... PS2..... Just WOW.
    6. oneohthree
      oneohthree
      I can translate from Spanish to English, also I live in Cuba too. I own a FAT PS2 and use FMCB.
      sanusi likes this.
    7. sanusi
      sanusi
      @HWNJ great work thank you in advance
      just asking if this app will work on the models that cant run by fmcb (firmware 2.30?) which i stuck on it
    8. Berion
      Berion
      I hope this is will be not ripoff FMCB leaked 1.8c src or old 1.7 public src but with different name... :P There are in the past such incidents. Even some idiots who just replaced the logo and sell it as their own miracle.

About USB Installer: what is difference between USBUtil and Your tool?

@sanusi fw 2.30 have turned off the OSD Update function so any "exploit" based on that function will never work on this fw version and newer. ;) This is just physically impossible.
      Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
      maciek_1988, sanusi and CountDuckula like this.
    9. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      Not exactly a continuation, but... just wait and you will see
      I will not say dead... It is not in production or supported by $ony anymore, but people around the world still uses it. In Latin America it is one of the most used consoles actually.
      I will do my best to make an English translation as I stated, but it will be nice to have someone native who makes me a grammar check on it.
      I will PM you later for details
      If you have a modchip, then yes. Else you should use Swapmagic or just make your own swap disc with games with secondary ELFs inside (demo discs are perfect for this).
      Do not worry. It is not a ripoff.
      It is truth that I used some code from it, just like they used code from uLE on their launcher2, but that's just it.
      I made the work myself.

-Supports MDF, BIN+CUE, ISO, IMG+CCD+SUB
      -Supports RAW PS2 CDs dumps directly without any modifications
      -It copy the art for your games authomatically

He can always use a modchip or a swap trick.
    10. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      By the way... I have recived a 9 of emails for the translations. For my surprise, just two of them are for the same language.

I am impressed about it.
    11. bigbossu
      bigbossu
      Yeah sure, here in Brasil a lot of people still have and play it, actually I'm even looking to get a ''new'' one 'cause the two units I have aren't workin' anymore. When I said dead I've been meaning that we rarely see some new homebrew/hack or activity in ps2 scene.
      HWNJ and DeViL303 like this.
    12. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      As I think about it, the PS2 will always be one of the greatest gameing consoles ever!
    13. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      Yesterday, a user e-mailed me asking about how he would be able to load XEB+ on his SCPH-90001 (9b date code, v2.30 BIOS).

He already had a modchip, so I tell him it will be no issue, but he asked me again "how to directly boot XEB+ or the FMCB hacked OSDSYS" on his console.

I think some of you guys here could have the same question so I bring you this today:
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fg7Oq4wljB4HKxfcWOFomZtSDB3yio-P

This is a simple app that will launch a OSDSYS from you MC. Quite simple to use really, just launch it and done.

For people with v2.30 BIOS, this is the solution to launch the FMCB hacked OSDSYS on boot. If they use this as DEV1 (mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF) and configure their modchip to launch DEV1 on BOOT, the FMCB OSDSYS will appear quickly.

If you want detailed instructions, please read the content inside the Spoiler:
      Detailed instructions for FMCB installation on SCPH-900XX (you MUST have a modchip):

FMCB v1.8C:
      1 - Take a clean FMCB 1.8C release and decompress it
      2 - Go to the INSTALL folder and paste "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" in it
      3 - Rename "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" to "BOOT.ELF"
      4 - Create a folder called "APPS" inside the "INSTALL" folder
      5 - Paste you beloved apps in there (OPL, uLE, etc)
      6 - Copy the installation files to a pendrive and put it on your PS2
      7 - Use the method you want to launch the FMCB installer (a uLE DVD it's perfect if you have no MC with DEV1 ready)
      8 - Select normal install and wait
      9 - Once done, reset your PS2 and configure your modchip to boot from DEV1
      10 - Now reset your PS2 again, when the FMCB logo shows up, press SELECT to configure FMCB.

FMCB v1.9:
      1 - Take a clean FMCB 1.9 release and decompress it
      2 - Go to the "BOOT" folder inside the "INSTALL" folder and paste "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" in it
      3 - Delete the "BOOT.ELF" inside the "BOOT" folder
      4 - Rename "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" to "BOOT.ELF"
      5 - Go to the "APPS" folder inside the "INSTALL" folder and paste you beloved apps in there (OPL, uLE, etc)
      6 - Copy the installation files to a pendrive and put it on your PS2
      7 - Use the method you want to launch the FMCB installer (a uLE DVD it's perfect if you have no MC with DEV1 ready)
      8 - Select normal install and wait
      9 - Once done, reset your PS2 and configure your modchip to boot from DEV1
      10 - Now reset your PS2 again, when the FMCB logo shows up, press SELECT to configure FMCB.

Indonesian Translation to the readme file by verislasher from ps2-home.com:
      Jika kamu punya SCPH-900XX dengan BIOS v2.30, kamu dapat menggunakan ELF ini sebagai DEV1 (mc0:/BOOT/BOOT.ELF) dan gunakan untuk meluncurkan FMCB hacked OSDSYS atau XEB/XEB+.

Instruksi terperinci untuk instalasi FMCB pada SCPH-900XX (kamu HARUS memiliki modchip):
      FMCB v1.8C:
      1 - Bersihkan FMCB 1.8C lepaskan dan dekompresi
      2 - Arahkan ke folder INSTALL dan sisipkan "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" kedalamnya
      3 - Ubah nama "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" menjadi "BOOT.ELF"
      4 - Buat sebuah folder baru "APPS" kedalam folder "INSTALL"
      5 - Sisipkan apps yang kamu sukai disana (OPL, uLE, etc)
      6 - Salin berkas instalasi ke USB FLashdisk dan masukkan kedalam PS2 kamu
      7 - Gunakan metode yang kamu inginkan untuk meluncurkan installer FMCB (DVD uLE sempurna jika tidak ada MC dengan DEV1)
      8 - Pilih normal install dan tunggu
      9 - Setelah selesai, reset PS2 kamu dan konfigurasikan modchip kamu untuk boot dari DEV1
      10 - Sekarang reset PS2 kamu lagi, bila logo FMCB tampil, tekan SELECT untuk konfigurasi FMCB.

FMCB v1.9:
      1 - Bersihkan FMCB1.9 lepaskan dan dekompresi
      2 - Arahkan ke "BOOT" folder didalam folder the "INSTALL" dan sisipkan "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" kedalamnya
      3 - Hapus "BOOT.ELF" didalam "BOOT" folder
      4 - Ubah nama "LaunchOSDSYS.ELF" menjadi "BOOT.ELF"
      5 - Arahkan ke folder "APPS"didalam folder "INSTALL" dan sisipkan apps yang kamu sukai disana (OPL, uLE, etc)
      6 - Salin berkas instalasi ke USB FLashdisk dan masukkan kedalam PS2 kamu
      7 - Gunakan metode yang kamu inginkan untuk meluncurkan installer FMCB (DVD uLE sempurna jika tidak ada MC dengan DEV1)
      8 - Pilih normal install dan tunggu
      9 - Setelah selesai, reset PS2 kamu dan konfigurasikan modchip kamu untuk boot dari DEV1
      10 - Sekarang reset PS2 kamu lagi, bila logo FMCB tampil, tekan SELECT untuk konfigurasi FMCB.

--------------------------------------------
      Howling Wolf & Chelsea
      http://xebplus.co.nf
      Jika kamu punya pertanyaan, kamu dapat
      menghubungiku di psx-place.com sebagai "HWNJ" atau kirim
      email ke [email protected] atau
      [email protected]
      Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    14. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      Take the file above as a disclosed fragment of XEB+
      It will be the default BOOT.ELF for it.

It will not be 100% equal to the file I shared, but the idea it's the same.
      DeViL303, maniek6666 and antonioks like this.
    15. sanusi
      sanusi
      wowow
      i thought i read enough about ps2 ?....but seems i miss many things
      any how i am happy to know that modded ps2 can run fmcb and xeb+ because i think my ps2 is modded ( can run any ps2 game and not original ? is it that meant modding?)
      i will google more and more to see if can be done
      thank u @HWNJ
    16. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      You can run any burned ps2 games?
      If so, you are modded
      Try burning this uLE image:
      http://web.archive.org/web/20141101021535/http://sksapps.com:80/launchers/uLaunchELF_v4.37_DVD.zip
      I recommed you to use a good quality DVD to burn that image.
      sanusi likes this.
    17. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      By the way, I have a lot of users asking for French, Portuguese (Pt-Pt, Pt-Br) translations since yestarday.
      I will stay with the ones that emailed me by now.
      DeViL303 and sanusi like this.
    18. sanusi
      sanusi
      about uLE i used it before when i was shocked to the degree that i was going to break my ps2 when the message come to me that ( your ps2 cant run fmcb but u can install it to use it on another device hahahaha?)
      for the record i used CD version b/c i think will run better ? is it ?
      now the question what mod chip inside ? google says (open your console )?
      any how i am eager to open it b/c this is the only one not opened by me of my Sony collection (ps1 15y back and ps3 2years back hahahah)
      is there way to know what mod chip inside ?
      @HWNJ thank you
    19. HWNJ
      HWNJ
      Some chips haves hotkeys to boot the chip's menu.
      When you turn on your PS2 try to keep pressed START or Triangle, these are the most used hotkeys.
      If a menu appears, you will be able to see the chip's name on it.

For now, you can use FMCB with the workaround I mentioned before.
      sanusi likes this.