PS3 Compatibility List - PS2 on PS3

Discussion in 'Compatibility List' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 17, 2015.

1. 33
    mysis

mysis Developer

this pnach file containes patches for the game. Dunno if any backup manager or so can apply it, but usually there are pnach patcher tools you can google online.

2. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @Zar Managunz can apply pnach. Sadly I can't help @chicco33 as I don't have cfw to test how to apply it.

3. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

@chicco33 Put your pnach file in "/dev_usbXXX/PNACH/[CRC].pnach" then in MGZ go in game menu to apply the patches.

You can also use pnach_converter to apply the pnach directly on your ELF on your computer.

4. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

When I try to add your attached pnach file to the iso in managunz I got error: "offset -too big elf size" or something like that.

5. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

it come from the the simple way i wrote the function to read the pnach file... the "extended" type is more complicated than it look like. FYI, have a look at 'handle_extended_t' : https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/blob/master/pcsx2/Patch_Memory.cpp ...

Anyway, the issue is probably coming from the first line "patch=1,EE,FE129B51,extended,800813BF"
    try to remplace it by
    "patch=1,EE,00129B51,extended,800813BF"

if it's not fixing ur issue i advice you to disable the patches to restore your iso.

EDIT : it won't work ... i don't know how to apply this patch the iso, sry.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    sandungas likes this.
  6. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

So is there any other method to fix Valkyrie Profile 2 and Star Ocean 3? :(

7. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Sorry I'm little bit busy in last week. You get error because you are trying to use file that is probably not for that ISO. Is my mistake, try pnach from post #192

@Zar extended patches CAN be complicated. But those are just offset--->value ones. Actually like word ones.

8. 429
    Zar

Zar Developer

The value of the ôffset is bigger than the elf size. So, patch is probably in another elf of the game, I don't know which one.

9. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Can you help me with Tales of abyss? I need to know that game freeze without sound or is just control don't respond? If needed here is save file: https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/929343-tales-of-the-abyss/saves/18665

10. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

Sure.I can check it tomorrow. It would be nice if you can find any solution for this game. The other two is the Star Ocean 3 and the Valkyrie Profile 2 :)

11. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Don't count on too much to be honest. :/ I'm just trying some options on pcsx2 to reproduce issue, then look at debugger to find what is broke. And then looking for fix to similar issue in netemu config.

Anyway I found that function 0x17 of 0x01 command can help tri ace games. I'm not saying it fix them, but can be step closer in VU accuracy. Also mentioned function can help games where changing VU/FPU clamping/rounding fixed pcsx2 compatibility for them, but is only assumption for now. Hard to do something useful without cfw :/

Edit: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-blog-PS2-VU-Vector-Unit-Documentation-Part-1

Also here is find about tri ace fix for pcsx2, is well explained there. But sadly is hard to obtain this on PS3 when we even don't know how ps3 SPU/PPU (and netemu itself) acting with guard bits. Maybe there is some info in some documentation. But anyway is basically killing any fix ideas for tri ace until one of config commands is strictly created for that by $ony.. Of course if we assume that issue is the same. Maybe PS3 hardware handle that guard bits in same way as PS2 hardware but problem is somewhere else. That why any VU config is still worth to try.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    mysis likes this.
  12. 33
    mysis

mysis Developer

kozarovv likes this.
  13. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Interesting, looks that they have two different ways to get accurate ADDI. Anyway from their notes, it's look like we can just "answer correct values" instead of fixing ADDI, as we can take correct one from pcsx2 debbuging. Still is not easier (or reachable for now), but is giving more options, just in case..

Thx. :) Maybe I will be able to provide more info. I think that commands 0x4B and 0x4C are related to multi disc games, not sure that some are released for netemu btw. Is just another assumption (there are traces in netemu for support them). Also ability to apply 0x03E00008 is looking interesting, and what making me think i'm right, is used in some configs as a part of applied code. With some offsets (sadly unknown) this can be our skip mpeg pcsx2 hack, or way to rewrite function to compatible one (a lot of work, not sure is worth it tbh).

In short, I'm messing with things that I still don't fully understand, but is "fresh look", so maybe I will hint something useful. :P

sandungas likes this.
  14. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

@kozarovv: sorry for the delay. I had lot of work in the few last days, but tomorrow I will test the Tales of Abyss for sure.
    Btw it would be awesome if someone could find a solution to fix the Tri Ace games like Valkyrie Profile 2, Radiata Stories and Star Ocean 3. I think the error is the same in cases of these games.

15. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

I tested it. When I enter in Choral Castle, the character freeze and the control dont respond. So I can hear the game music and the enemies moving normally.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017 at 10:38 AM
  16. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    So I can't reproduce it on PCSX2. My assumption is that config need to be more complicated because IOP is probably flushed. But lets try some blind shots then. Here is a config to test. Keep in mind that config can break other things, or change something else without fixing issue, is important to tell that here.

Test nr 2 you can make (without config) is going to controller settings in netemu while character is freeze, and change assigned controller to port 2, and then another time to port 1. Then try that you can move.

PS. Anyone can confirm this flickering fix for Gran Turismo 3 and 4 really work? You need go to secret menu of netemu found by @3141card ,more here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PS3/comments/6iu1rn/test_results_ps3_ps2_netemu_debug_menu_and_options/

About that menu in netemu here: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps2-emu-on-ps3-unlock-config-mode-debug-info-mode-menus.13833/

Attached Files:

T.A.U likes this.
  17. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @mysis I started to document ps2_netemu bios on wiki, not sure its something useful for emu compatibility anyway.. 1/3 is done for now, but I have full r.e. ready to wikify, and I will add it in near future. :)

T.A.U likes this.
  18. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Good thing is fully patchable, we can exchange elfs to ours if needed. Until size do not exceed old ones. Still not sure is useful somehow, but there are games that are not work on scph 75xxx or later due to other irx/elf used in bios.

Here is a known list of games not compatible with scph-75xxx (so basing on bios date also with netemu on PS3).:

• ATV Offroad Fury 3 (Compatible with bugs)
    • Beyond Good & Evil (sound glitches)
    • Big Mutha Truckers
    • Big Mutha Truckers 2
    • ESPN NBA 2K5
    • Everquest Online Adventures: Frontiers
    • Formula One 2001 (video game)
    • Fight Night Round 2
    • Final Fantasy XI (Requires the PlayStation 2 Hard Disk Drive)
    • God of War
    • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm
    • Jak X: Combat Racing (Compatible with bugs)
    • Major League Baseball 2K5
    • Street Racing Syndicate
    • Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
    • Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 3: Night of the Quinkan

Still is not confirmed... More work is needed to confirm it.

T.A.U likes this.
  19. 43
    chicco33

chicco33 Member

Thanks I give it a shot. Can I cause a damage to my PS3 or my netemu with your custom config file?

20. 5,143
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Not at all. :) Is totally safe to test any config. Worst thing that can happen (still is 99% that is not gonna happen) is that your save game for tested game will corrupt. Just backup your memory card before testing.