PS3 Compatibility List - PS2 on PS3

Discussion in 'Compatibility List' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 17, 2015.

1. 7
    Kaneki

Kaneki New Member

How you get the PAL VV1.01?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  2. 6,496
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  3. 7
    Kaneki

Kaneki New Member

4. 14
    benjiro

benjiro New Member

sooo i tried a few games so i made a list hope nobody mind that i post it in here

Rule of Rose [SLES54218] - works how it should

Silent Hill - Shattered Memories [SLES55569] - works might slows a little bit down when opening an door sometimes well at least in my case but playable

Silent Hill 4 - The Room [SLES52445] - works since it is also a offical ps2 classics on psn (only japan has it in the store)

Kingdom Hearts - Final Mix [SLPS25198] (german Patched german translation patch by mrsora6645) traverse town
    text is messed up but that is caused by the translation patch everything else works how it should

Final Fantasy XII german and us version tested both works normal except the sound glitch but this glitch is in ALL versions of Final Fantasy XII + ZJS

Final Fantasy XII International - Zodiac Job System [SLPM66750]-(semi german patched
    dead loop glitch in battle tutorial can be avoided by playing the beginnin with eng. patched or original jap. version
    could freeze or glitch somewhere else playing it right now if anything else happens i will add it when i completed
    the game most text is still english but cutscenes and most of the dialogues are now german and most
    descriptions in the inventory are now german abillity names still are in english but right now it is playable except
    the dead loop in the beginning) patch tool and patch by ffgriever used v.023
    !!!!!ENG PATCHED version works normal and doesnt have the dead loop in the beginning!!!!!

The Sims 2 [SLES 53718]- works how it should everythings fine

Final Fantasy X [SCES-50490] german version tested works normal
    Final Fantasy X International [SLPS 25088] same like german version

Final Fantasy X-2 [SLES 51817] also german version works how it should except the issue witch the fmv's
    Final Fantasy X-2 International + Last Mission [SLPM-65478] eng patched eng.patch by pBirdman (works like german
    version but you have to make it work with kozarovv DVD9 games guide or simply use the new version of the ps2 classics gui
    or else you just have black screen same goes for
    ff 12 izjs or you use kozarovv's xdelta patch)

Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 [SLUS 21782] runs perfect since its also on the ps store

Shadow Hearts [SLES-50677] works how it should

ALL GAMES ARE TESTED ON A PS3 SUPER SLIM CHECH-4004A OFW 4.82 with HAN enabled obviously

will test as soon as they arrive the german pal version of kh 1 kh 2 and silent hill origins and Silent Hill 2 - Director's Cut

STLcardsWS and kozarovv like this.
  5. 6,496
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    No, is not ;) There are very minor flickering, for example leaves on one of first paths. But is really not noticeable until you know about it (so sorry for letting you know ;) ).
    So is definitely German patch issue, not ps3 issue.
    Remember about config files. ;) For example SH: origins require config to fix white overblend in burning house.

6. 14
    benjiro

benjiro New Member

really? i didnt noticed that in rule of rose XD but thanks for letting me know :3 how do i know i selected the correct config file? cuz there are so many in the folders xD i know with the title id from the game but wich folder? :D

7. 6,496
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    @mysis when i search for some other info, I found this: https://github.com/mlafeldt/ps2logo/blob/master/Documentation/ps2boot.txt

Way of calculating magic numbers looks kind of similar to calculations from your ps2_title_brute code. Not saying that is the same, but is giving some idea on what calculations $ony based hashes for title IDs in ps2 emus. Of course i can be wrong. :D

Sorry for late answer, i missed this question.
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/problem-with-ps2-emulation-in-rebug-4-82-2-d-rex.18594/#post-127886

8. 124
    mysis

mysis Developer

Nice find! It doesnt seem to be however the same algo, no xor's or so. :/

kozarovv likes this.
  9. 5
    Days3991

Days3991 New Member

anyone has xenosaga ep 1 working? i still not get done with ps2 classics gui 2.3

10. 21
    HolyFire29

HolyFire29 New Member

Sadly, the config didn't work. I found something odd though. First, I entered the colosseum with any character except Natalia. Then, Natalia would disappear from the party screen but Natalia's name would still appear on the colosseum registration. Choose Natalia's name from registration list. Then Van's character model would appear but if you open the menu, the party list would be empty. Enter the colosseum as Van. As soon as the fight begins, the game would hang. I hope someone would test it.

11. 415
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

sorry, but you haven't sent me the saves immediately before and after your fights, so I cannot exactly reproduce or check the saves. one thing I have encountered, the game freezes at the arena when I try to enter it with your configured party. I can enter the arena and the moment the door opens for the enemy, the game hangs. after that I have not done any other tests.

are these your legit save files or are these from gamefaqs? one save looked suspiciously similar to the ones on gamefaqs from what I have noticed

and are you're sure you're using the configs correctly? I have not tried the party codes, but the one for memory dump works fine

12. 21
    HolyFire29

HolyFire29 New Member

Those were legit saves from my playthrough and I don't know how to transfer a save from gamefaqs to my ps3.
    I can enter the arena with any character. But when I exit and with Natalia gone, the moment I pick Natalia to fight at the arena, Van's character replaces hers and the game hangs when door opens for the enemy.
    When making a pkg file, first I choose the ecm.bin file then I apply the patch just like in the tutorial. I also make sure to check if the game has been patched by entering the ps3 emulator advanced settings mode using the left, square, L1, R1 combo then pressing start button.

13. 7
    Maggot_Liutenant

Maggot_Liutenant New Member

Hitman - Contracts SLUS20882
    OK (using 2.2.3)

kozarovv likes this.
  14. 1
    jimjam

jimjam New Member

Hi first post here, I recently got back into ape escape, playing them on PS3 and when I started playing AE2 I noticed that weird texture problem; mixmapping I think its called.

I searched for a sollution, figured nobody had solved it and had moved onto newer console scenes... only to find @kozarovv was taking a stab at solving it!

just wanted to say thanks for trying to fix up these games, I greatly appreciate it.

Just double checking, has anyone got a config that fixes up AE2? and how is klonoa 2 going I've heard there is a game breaking glitch on one of the levels?

sandungas and kozarovv like this.
  15. 28
    Maxout65

Maxout65 New Member

- Silent Hill Shattered Memories mine too give me a problems of slowdowns when you open the doors and in some places of the game (like the forest), the audio may accidentally skip in some voice messages or in the final credits that could break like a broken disk

- Final Fantasy X,XII and Kingdom Hearts II Final mix

they give both problems with audio glitches
    In Kingdom Hearts 2 you can hear it while defeating a heartless (Shadow), while in Final Fantasy X whit a "Machina Ranger" or similar monster Machina, when he attacks you
    Final Fantasy XII has some slowdowns in some areas and has a glitchy sound on the confirmation

kingdom Hearts 2 has problems with the "Hostile Program" boss, his life does not come down after almost defeating

Final Fantasy X-2 I have not tested it so I can not say if it has problems

Maybe if someone would be able to create a patch for the audio would solve all 3 games at the same time

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  16. 6,496
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Sadly it looks like netemu lack support of mipmapping that we need. So Ace Combat series, Ape Escape 2, Soul Reaver 2, are unfixable for now.

If you are on cfw then you can use config that i created long time ago. This config make game very slow (10-15 fps), but allow to play problematic level. After (and before) that level you can remove config, and play full speed. If you are on HAN then is not worth to try for now.
    http://www.psx-place.com/threads/compatibility-list-ps2-on-ps3.1306/page-55#post-110268
    There is a talk about it. Actually i never finished my work on this config because every test required to play thru almost full level. It was very time consuming.

17. 1
    Hawraman123

Hawraman123 New Member

Hi my brother please help me why when i play barnyard on ps3 slim 160 gb this textures are shit please someone tell me how to fix it this is for 2 years i try but i couldn't find a way and if you can tell me step by step and also my version is (4.82) CFW

Attached Files:

18. 21
    HolyFire29

HolyFire29 New Member

So, regarding the Natalia glitch in Tales of the Abyss- I've decided to skip the colosseum part to not trigger the Natalia glitch. It sucks because I won't be able to win some cool stuff from the colosseum but it is what it is. I'll see if the Natalia missing bug will still be present on my New game+. So, yeah.. thanks you very much to haxxxen for devoting some of his time in trying to fix that bug and of course to kozarovv for always being so helpful. I hope you all don't get tired of helping gamers like me who wants to play ps2 games on their ps3s. Keep on gaming guys!:D

19. 415
    haxxxen

haxxxen Developer

I can only advise you to use the savegame you have made in Baticul Castle with Natalia as on screen character and then use the character slot7 fix code with codebreaker. that should solve the problem and I haven't encountered any problems after it and the party didn't get randomized when I've went to the arena. I also have switched the charas with no problem but I haven't proceeded with the story. I just went immediately to the arena, where Luke gets his first impression about the colliseum

anyways, I am busy with Tales of Symphonia atm, but when I'm done with it, I will play Tales of the Abyss again on PS3 and then I can only see for myself if it is a major problem there, but I think you just have messed somehow your saves and Natalia got cloned to the locked slot 7, which is reserved for Asch (or it is reserved for party members, which will leave or have left the party)

edit
    I have fixed it with a config though, but it is much easier to use codebreaker and you can have any party configured, since it only 8-bit writes to the 7th slot and with a config, you can only do 32-bit write where you have to make the config according to your party members

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 12:16 AM
  20. 1
    exitloop

exitloop New Member

Any experience with Pro Evolution Soccer games? I tried PES 3,4,5 and 6 and they all get stuck at black screen after the Konami logo before the intro scene. The console doesn't freeze as I still can access the PS menu. I don't see them listed here but PES 3&6 are playable based on PSDevWiki PS2 compatibility list.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018 at 6:36 PM