PS3 Compatibility List - PS2 on PS3

Discussion in 'Compatibility List' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 17, 2015.

1. 7,002
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Did you tried with config?

mrjaredbeta likes this.
  2. 27
    mrjaredbeta

mrjaredbeta Member

Wow, didn’t think there was a config for it. The config fixes the freeze but it the game still suffers from a bad frame rate. Oh well. Thanks for letting me know!

3. 9
    Mazen79

Mazen79 Member

Hi. Can someone help me to make a config file for SLES-55406 with VSYNC anytime and -200000 delay. Thanks

4. 7,002
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Not tested.
    Edit: Rename it. :)

Attached Files:

DeViL303 and Mazen79 like this.
  5. 31
    ExData7

ExData7 Member

Does the .hack infection config work for the .hack GU games? On the conpatability wiki it says untested on Vol 1 and 3 but unplayable on Vol 2 but that could be outdated

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

6. 123
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    For those who are wondering why no one isn't able anymore to add and/or edit new Game Titles on the wiki, I protected the Page since it seems that there is a serious Problem with this specific Page on the wiki which results "blank pages" as described before by a few users.

The Team behind the wiki is aware about that Problem and they will try to fix it as quick as possible. We have to apologize for the inconveniences and we will keep you updated.

After the Problem is fixed, I will remove the protection so everyone can add new Titles as usual. But so long, the List keeps closed and for viewing only.

Thanks for your understanding!

Best Regards
    Roxanne

7. 33
    mcshooter

mcshooter Member

I made a video on games I have on my ps2 ( around 180 games most of them are SLUS_xxx.xx ) and I will test them in my slim ps3 and put results here

8. 552
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

If scarface the world is yours and need for speed underground 2 ever get config files that fix there fps issue,That would be great.

There is also a mod that works with San Andreas for the ps2 I found that allows you to enable hot coffee on a ps2 iso backup of the game.It works as a injection on han since the native ps2 emulator can run the backup version.

9. 123
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    The Problems aren't solved yet but if you want to add and/or edit a Game Title, feel free to use the Talk Page from the List. After the Problems are solved, your edits will be transfered to the Main Page. More instructions --> http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Thanks for your patience and for your support. We are working hard to fix this as quick as possible.

Best Regards
    Roxanne

STRATOS198XAD, DeViL303 and pink1 like this.
  10. 40
    STRATOS198XAD

STRATOS198XAD Forum Noob

Sega Classics Collection [NTSC-U] All the games in this little compilation were released in Japan under a series called Sega Ages. I try mainly Alien Syndrome and Space Harrier, because in their japanese versions they do not work in their original format (CD) or converted in DVD. Monaco GP also suffers from this problem but I did not try it.
    • Alien Syndrome Runs perfectly.
    • Space Harrier Runs almost perfect, when launching a bomb the game slows down (more than it should) but quickly returns to run well. It also has a rare problem where a black and white distorted vertical line appears every so often, it does not affect a lot of the screen and it happens fast.
    Taito Legends 2 [NTSC-U] Tested mainly Darius Gaiden, G Darius, Insector X and Metal Black. No problem at all. Some games contain native bugs and not because of emulation problems.

Taito Legends [NTSC-U] Low FPS constantly or freezes. One time happened that the console turn shut down after beginning a game.

kozarovv likes this.
  11. 123
    Roxanne

Roxanne Moderator

Home Page:
    The List is open again. The Team behind the Wiki did a hard Job to reduce the loading times and to avoid those "Blank Pages" while keeping the Design unchanged and the List completed.

There is still some work needed to find a 100% solution but from now, you can make your edit's again.

Just a quick overview what changes are affected:
    • Pro
      • Load Times are heavily reduced and those "Blank Pages" shouldn't happen so quickly in the future
      • The Design keeps unchanged, so the List is still complete and not splitted etc.
    • Contra
      • While we kept the Design from the List, we was forced to change the structure. This means you will need to edit the Template for each Letter instead of the List itself. The Good thing is, when you click on "Edit" on each Letter, you will be redirected directly to the correct Template where you can make your edits. The small disadvantage is, you can't edit several Letters simultaneously (you need one Edit for "A", one for "B", one for "C" and so on).
      • The 2nd disadvantage is, it can take some time when your edits from each Template get's displayed on the Main List but further Testing will be needed to improve this (I will catch an eye on that).
    So thank you again for all your patience and your support. We hope you will enjoy the List as usual.

Best Regards
    Roxanne

12. 16
    nictse

nictse Member

shadow of rome cg sound always disturb
    can fix?

13. 16
    nictse

nictse Member

i found this
    http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Emulation#Game_CONFIG

"
    SLPS-25606/SLPS-25851Raw Danger!00000000 3D 00 00 00 A8 41 00 00 44 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 =...&D..D.......16808 (4.30+)Untested! But Raw Danger! is Zettaizetsumei Toshi 2, so same issue + solution as part 1?
    0x3D => 0x41A8 (16808)
    0x44 => (disables smoothing and smoothing
    "

can u make a config like this?

14. 189
    Ali888

Ali888 Member

@kozarovv can you develop a software to generate and create working .CONFIGs for PS2 ISOs using Netemu on PS3 ?

15. 9,678
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

do config files need to be in iso.bin.enc format or can they be in regular iso format (i.e. final_fantasy_x.iso.config? no spaces?

16. 7,002
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    No, because i can't write single line of code. I'm not developer. But you can create config using ManaGunZ on PS3, or on pc this app: http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps2-config-editor-for-ps3-cfw-users-by-zar.12918/

Configs in "iso.bin.enc" format are required only for ps2 classics. For cobra ISO just use "name of iso with extension.CONFIG"
    This game have different issue, this config won't work for it.
    What is Cg sound?
    I worked on nfs u2 for some time, but result was not best... I removed many Sync runtimes, and tuned IPU, but most i got is around 20 fps.. No idea what more can i do.
    Is different game engine afaik, so probably no.

Ali888 and pinky like this.
  17. 16
    nictse

nictse Member

18. 110
    Ulquiorra-Sama

Ulquiorra-Sama Member

Hello guys, for Metal Slug 6, converted from iso to pkg and installed on ps3, the console just give 80029F17 error, can somebody help me?

19. 552
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Does the error happen before you get a black screen or after?

20. 110
    Ulquiorra-Sama

Ulquiorra-Sama Member

First a black screen with some lines ( like a crashed image ) them a error