Connecting to PSN on CFW

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreaks / CFW' started by DarkPowerX, Jan 12, 2019.

1. 28
    DarkPowerX

DarkPowerX Forum Noob

What's up guys
    I'm on rebug 4.82.2 cfw.
    I have never open PSN since i installed CFW, but now I want to enter it just to browse games, themes and things like that.
    What is the safest way. I know there is no guaranteed way to avoid ban.
    I read a lot about this subject. Things like sen enabler, psn ninja and psn patch, something about deleting syscalls.
    What is the best way in your opinion to stay as much safe as possible on CFW?
    Also what will happen if they ban me?
    They ban me only in PSN and online gaming or the whole console?
    And if i got banned can i make another account and use it?

2. 1,138
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    There are 3 methods on REBUG depending how you have it set up. DEX or CEX? Nothing you do is 100% safe when you're using CFW but there are ways to minimise the risk.

If your on CEX you can use SEN Enabler to spoof your FW version to 4.83, disable the syscals with it (one of the ways your PS3 communicates info about your PS3 to the PSN servers and the basic way they detect CFW on your PS3) then you can sign into PSN.

If your on DEX you have two options. The same as above or the method I used which involves using CCAPI and PSN Patch which can be a little bit easier use, as all you do when set up correctly is disable the syscals, but can be a bit more complicated to set up and I would only use this way if you mod games and stuff like me.

PSN NINJA is completely out dated and does not offer the same as PSN Patch and SEN Enabler in terms of up to date features, so don't use it.

Regarding bans the most common to be dished out is a Account and Console ban as usually they will ban the console the account was signed in on. If you get one of these bans then you will not be able to access PSN or online gaming on both your PS3 or account, so if you have any bought PSN games and content you will lose the ability to download it ever again. You will also not be able to to just make a new account on the banned PS3 but what you can do is do what's called an IDPS change which you would normally get from a damaged ps3 and use it with yours to fool PSN into thinking it's a different console, when really it's the same one they banned, the servers won't know the difference as the IDPS will be valid and not banned.

I personally use the IDPS from my Super Slim on my other ps3s so they can't ban them lol, it would be the super slim getting banned and a don't care if it did as I don't use it online anymore lol.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

DarkPowerX likes this.
  3. 28
    DarkPowerX

DarkPowerX Forum Noob

How can i disable syscalls on rebug cfw?
    I read something about combination R2+triangle, but where do i have to go to disable it? Also when disabled do i have to restart the console or restart it if i want to enable syscalls again.

4. 1,138
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

How do you have REBUG set up CEX or DEX?

5. 838
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

If you are smart enough to have stayed on CEX, then PSN Patch plugin takes care of the R2+/\ disable syscalls.
    That will make your system run just like before it was CFW, so you would have to have the game backup already loaded before you disable syscalls. Then you would sign online once syscalls are disabled. To load another game backup, you would have to restart the system.
    There are other methods, but i've personally used this method for years without issue.

If you are on DEX, switch back to CEX, and use PSN Patch. No sense in using extra resources and loading debugging symbols into RAM that could have been used for games, but now is instead being used on features you won't ever touch. Also, it doesn't magically make you less likely to be banned. It actually makes you a little more apparent to the sony servers of what you're doing.

In the end, you are welcome to do whatever you want with your console.

bguerville likes this.
  6. 28
    DarkPowerX

DarkPowerX Forum Noob

I'm on DEX to be able to use gta v mod menu.
    I will go back to CEX to try connect to PSN.
    Thanks for the help.

7. 1,138
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

On DEX you need to get your EID5 (CEX) CID and your PSID and use either CCAPI or another app that will spoof your CID to this as it will be set to EID0 (DEX) by default, enter it in there. I use CCAPI so it will set it at boot of my PS3. Once you have this set, go into REBUG Toolbox and go to "System Operation Mode" and select REBUG.

Then use PSN Patch to disable SYSCALS before going online. Nice and simple. Then all I do is switch between the CEX LV2 Kernel for just playing games then back to the DEX LV2 Kernel for modding.

EDIT: Also for modding quite a lot of mods are dependent on CCAPI being istalled on your PS3 especially COD Black Ops 1 + 2. eg. Black Ops 2 GSC Injector needs CCAPI or it won't run properly.

8. 1,138
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Just switch the LV2 Kernel to CEX if your not Debbugging or using RTM Tools.

9. 838
    psykosis

psykosis Developer Developer

Or don't use a tool made for developers to develop if you aren't developing something...

bguerville likes this.
  10. 1,138
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Member

Quite a good few mods need you to be on DEX to work, BO2 GSC Injector for example does as you need to run a DEBUG EBOOT and t6emp.self for it to load, plus this mod also needs CCAPI to be installed on your PS3 as well or it will point blank not load when the the button combo is used to load the in game GSC Injector.