Convert ps2 game files to psv?? Is it possible without memory card adapter?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by itzzVegas, Oct 12, 2018.

1. 5
    itzzVegas

itzzVegas Forum Noob

I started playing kh2 the regular version since I never beat it as a kid and kingdom hearts 3 comes out in January. It got stuck in the hostile program I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. Well to get around it I downloaded a game save online and now it says that my save data is corrupted :( . Luckily i had backed up my original data to my PC and well I played past the program on pcsx emulator on my laptop and I converted the save file to a ps2 game save, I thought since I can convert a psv to a psu then I could convert it back psv but NO apparrently 2018 and you still need an adapter and a ps2 memory card. My real question is how do I get around it I just want to finally beat kingdom hearts 2 lol. I only have a usb, internet connection, a PC, and I'm running rebug 4.82. Also I don't understand why the save file I downloaded says it's corrupted.

Any advice, links, or tutorials are appreciated.
    (PS I refuse to play on my laptop because it is a piece of junk it runs about 15 frames I only used it to get past the hostile program)

2. 2,568
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

There is a config for that game that fixes the bug of the "hostile program" boss, search in the forum for the keyword "hostile"

itzzVegas likes this.
  3. 5
    itzzVegas

itzzVegas Forum Noob

I read something about that but I wasn't able to get any clear instructions on how to do it. I'm going to go ahead and look it up on the forums. I appreciate your response :)

4. 1,472
    Berion

Berion Developer

You don't need MC Adaptor if You have CFW. Saves are on virtual memory cards so just replace it and rebuild database (VMC must be with ECC, plain VMC is not supported by none of the PS2 emulators).

However, I also really want PSV converter for both PSX and PS2 saves. Keys are static, but no one care. ;p

5. 5
    itzzVegas

itzzVegas Forum Noob

I am really confused I'm just a forum noob :( lol well I have a playstation phat so I'm not running an ps2 emulator. The save file I downloaded online was supposedly corrupted when I ran the game BUT the icon loaded just fine and it showed up on the vmc so I'm not sure what that was about. And I found the config file but I cant get my original save back on there so I guess I have to start all over again oh well another 6 hours to tron and i don't even know if the config will work XD. Also F**k at&t ISP they blocked me from psx-place it's redirecting to their stupid website. I have to use a VPN now just to get on the forums.

6. 5
    itzzVegas

itzzVegas Forum Noob

I found this on gba temp. The vmc didn't show up. But I havent rebuilt the database so let me try that. I followed these instructions

Step 1:

On PS3,

Go to "Memory card Utility"
    and Create a fresh new
    "Internal Memory Card.VM2" card.

Then open multiman and go to file manager,
    navigate to dev_hdd0
    next go to savedata
    then navigate to vmc
    there you will see a file called "Internal Memory Card.VM2"
    or whatever you named your ps2 internal memory card.

hit circle on that file and copy to the root of your usb drive.

Step 2:

Take the thumb drive and stick it into your computer...

In the root of the thumb drive you should see the file 'internal memory card.VM2'

*MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE SOMEWHERE SAFE INCASE SOMETHING GOES WRONG
    (ALWAYS HAVE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE OR YOU MAY LOOSE YOUR SAVES)

Step 3:

Rename this file to "Internal Memory Card.ps2"

Step 4:

Open this file with Mymc-gui.exe

click on file and then import,

select your .psu file you would like to add to the card
    (whether you get it from GameFAQs or just backup your own saves from your ps2 using "ULaunch elf")

NOTE: if your file isn't in .psu format use the PS2SaveConverter_0_030 to convert it!

Step 5:

Now when you have imported all your saves to the card,

close Mymc-gui and Copy the edited "Internal Memory Card.ps2" file
    to the root of your USB thumb drive.

Change it's name from "internal memory card.ps2" back to "internal memory card.VM2"

(or whatever name your orginal memory card had on the ps3, but add the .VM2 at the end).

Step 6:

Plug your USB thumb drive back into your ps3

Step 7:

Go to multiman & in file manager look under
    "dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc"

Delete the existing "Internal memory card.VM2"*

*(Cricle, delete, press X)

Step 8:

Cpy the edited "Internal Memory Card.VM2" file from your thumb drive to "dev_hdd0/savedata/vmc directory"*

*(Cricle, copy, Cricle, Paste)

Step 9:

Exit multiman & check your internal memory card PS2 on xmb area in the "Memeory card".

7. 1,472
    Berion

Berion Developer

Of course You running ps2 emulator. One of the three or four as I remember. :P

Be precise: save is as save, virtual memory card is virtual memory card. You cannot use it this terms freely.

Also, save recognition by game is something different than save or VMC recognition by XMB. If You get visible save in XMB, You already solve the problem of save transfer, so it's only left figure out why game doesn't like it. Some games uses time stamps as security layer, and many save containers doesn't preserve them. Maybe that's the case why game telling You it is corrupted.