PS3 Creating a pkg from a folder game (HAN v3)

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by C4rder, Jul 9, 2018.

1. 36
    C4rder

C4rder Member

Hello everyone. Can someone please tell me why some games are not supported by cfw2ofw helper? I tried with NBA2K18 but it told me that it's not compatible and I know that there are lots of games that give this problem. But why? What are the requirements that a game has to have in order to be compatible? Also, is there a way to install multiman to avoid all these problems?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2018
  2. 92
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Games that are said incompatible with CFW2OFW helper mostly caused by the absence of the game update files which is essentially for running backup games either using HAN PKG or using backup injection method. Keep in mind that not all games can be fully supported which means can be run perfectly on console without modifications especially OFW firmware ones. Games with online multiplayer modes often have updates.

If you have CFW console, surely you can run it directly without needing to update the game files.

3. 36
    C4rder

C4rder Member

Thanks. But why multiman cannot be installed in a OFW console (superslim in my case) even if it has HAN installed?

4. 92
    amirzaim

amirzaim Member

Multiman is a homebrew app and it can be only run with CFW, well of course it can run unsigned EBOOT.BIN files unlike OFW ones.