PS4 Custom PKG on Retail PS4 - New method shown by flatz via video

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 15, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 15, 2017 at 9:06 PM
  1. 6,195
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Hacker flatz is well known in the PlayStation Hacking community for many advancements and projects now is doing some things on his PS4 that contains 4.55 firmware. On his YouTube channel he released a new video titled "Custom PKG on retail PS4" which covers a demonstration on a PS4 (4.55) of an Installation of a Custom & also a Re-Packaged PKG file. While this is being demoed on a 4.55 flatz does state this should be easy to port to other firmwares (when a current firmware is exploited) and is a "bullet proof method in comparison" to 1.76. Flatz will soon share a write-up to achieve this task.

222.png

• Installation of custom and repacked PKG files on a retail PS4 with a kernel's exploit. A totally different and more bullet-proof method in comparison with the one from 1.76. A write-up on how to achieve this will see the light soon (and again, kernel exploit is needed for that, also porting to other firmwares is possible and shouldn't be hard).

Source: YouTube

Update: PSXHAX has a (rough) translation of an interview from flatz that was originally in Russian from "PlayStation Hack"

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    T.A.U, djluiluv, esc0rtd3w and 2 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 15, 2017.

1. pinky
      pinky
      I was going to mention this. I saw this yesterday actually. I was going to mention it in the 5.00 webkit exploit thread.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Updated with links (original & tough translated version) of a recent interview flatz did.
    3. TONY-T
      TONY-T
      I hope it woks on 4.72.

This looks promising!
    4. kadorna2
      kadorna2
      This perfectly sums up the ps4 scene for the last 2 and a half years. It's just an e-penis showdown. Everyone has working exploits but noone will release anything. What's the point then? Either release something or shut up about the whole thing, nobody will care unless it's usable.
    5. 1986panzi1986
      1986panzi1986
      my ps4 version 1.76 do i need to update?
    6. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Until release you shouldn't update.
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    7. djluiluv
      djluiluv
      Sweeeeeet!!!!
    8. teco_rodrigues
      teco_rodrigues
      Well, good or those ho have a 1,76 console. Not 99% of the users.:frown new: