PS VITA / PS TV Custom Theme Manager by Redsquirrel87 (180+ Themes Avaiable for download in app)

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 15, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 15, 2016 at 1:55 PM
  1. 5,351
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Here is a new utility that runs on your HENkaku exploited devices (vita/pstv) as developer Redsquirrel87.has released Custom Theme Manager. A vpk that will install and give you a great utility for installing and managing your LiveArena themes. Currently there is 185 custom themes that can be downloaded and installed. The release is the latest in the GekiHEN contest and comes packed with tons of functionality. See all the features in this introductory release of Custom Theme Manager.

tHEMEmanager3.jpg

• Custom Theme Manager
      by Redsquirrel87

Custom Themes Manager is a simple application for PlayStation Vita that allows you, as the name implies, to fully manage your Custom Themes directly from the console. The user can browse, view, download and install Custom Themes from the online repository of psv.altervista.org on his PSVita directly from the same application, without the need to use the Internet Browser, external apps or mods to the database or to connect the console to a PC. This application also includes a function to completely uninstall any Custom Theme you don't like anymore so as to free up space for new themes, again without the need of a PC or having to format the whole Memory Card. Included also an useful feature to create and restore (in case you need) a backup of your own database (app.db file). Finally, the application also includes a handy function to reboot your PSVita, saving you the trouble to manually shutdown and restart it, useful to correctly apply changes and avoid any bug after Custom Theme(s) installation or uninstallation.

• Features list of version 1.0:
      • First public version

• GUI with the use of the system font (thx to libvita2d)

• Ability to connect to the online repository of psv.altervista.org directly from the app and browse between hundreds of available CUstom Themes

• Ability to view a preview of homescreen and lockscreen directly from the app
      • Ability to read all the details available for the Custom Theme in the repository, such as author, version, description and, above all, the tests results
      • Ability to show all the Custom Themes available in the online repository as a grid with thumbnails or as a simple list, all at full user's choice
      • Ability to switch between the view modes keeping the selected Custom Theme: this means that if you select a Custom Theme in grid view mode and then switch to the list view mode the Custom Theme selected on the list will be the same you selected in the grid view mode. Of course it works also vice-versa.

• Ability to download all the preview images of the Custom Themes available in the repositories at once, so as to speed up the performance of browsing in future

• Ability to download any Custom Theme in this repository directly from the app

• The program includes an automatic function for extracting ZIP packages of the Custom Themes

• The program performs a check on data extracted from the ZIP package of the Custom Themes, asking the user for a confirmation before proceeding to write data into the database. This way if the downloaded data got corrupted or if occurred errors while extracting the ZIP package, the user can delete the downloaded files and prevent the writing into the database to avoid any corruption.

• Ability to view the title of all the Custom Theme currently installed in the database in a handy list with real-time thumbnail preview of the Custom Theme taken directly from its files currently on the Memory Card

• Ability to know how many space take in total the Custom Themes currently installed on PSVita directly from the home page of the list of Custom Themes installed.

• Ability to view additional information about the Custom Theme which is currently installed on the Memory Card, such as author, path, preview images (these always loaded directly from the Custom Theme's files) and how many space the Custom Theme takes individually on the Memory Card

• Ability to uninstall any of the installed Custom Themes. The uninstallation procedure includes, in addition to remove the related row from the internal database, even the deletion of all the Custom theme's files from the Memory Card, all done automatically by the program itself.

• For clarity and ease of use, the list relating to Custom Theme installed will NOT include the Official Themes, since those are easily uninstallable from the PSVita Theme and Backgrounds Settings.

• Ability to view the amount of files in the application's cache

• Ability to manually clean up the cache of the app through a specific function.

• Ability to manually restore a previously created backup of your database (app.db file)

• Ability to use the left analog stick to quickly scroll the lists.

• Ability to instantly reboot the console directly from the application, so without having to turn off and on manually.

• All the available commands will be always visible to the user on every page thanks to a footer in the page.

• The program will NOT create any folder inside your Memory Card, in fact all the downloaded files will end up in the application's cache located into savedata0:/, so when you'll choose to remove the program you'll delete all the data downloaded automatically, for a complete cleaning.

• Ability to view the changelog for application's updates directly from the PSVita official app menu

• tHEMEmanager3.jpg CustomThemeManager1.jpg

Download: CTManager.vpk

Source: GekiHEN.xyz

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    UniqueUserName likes this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 15, 2016.

1. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      This is a pretty cool little entry here. Can't wait to see all the custom themes that come out
    2. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Contains a rather large collection of 185 already :)
    3. Berion
      Berion
      Can user choose theme from Memory Card which is NOT downloaded from repository?
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      is it just me or is the download just opening the download button png from GekiHEN
    5. pinky
      pinky
      I'm still happy with my metal slime theme. it's on hack informer somewhere if anyone wants to use it. :)
    6. barelynotlegal
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    8. barelynotlegal
      barelynotlegal
      NP.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187

I was wondering the same thing due to your new Rebug style theme as well as my official themes I have from other regions as they don't and shouldn't host official themes that have been dumped from other regions but HK & JP have some sweet free themes but swapping accounts to grab a theme then decrypt and install manually is a huge pain in the arse. Or like pinky is using the DQ Metal Slime theme that only came with that special edition Vita to match his PS4. If this app does it has a huge advantage over TEMA but that not only does official themes but also Vitashell themes. Maybe they can work together to make one theme manager to rule them all.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    10. barelynotlegal
      barelynotlegal
      the "TEMA" app is for manually applying themes for vita shell and live area correct?
    11. Berion
      Berion
      @atreyu187 Unfortunately CTManager offer only downloading themes, not read them from Memory Card. I'm again disappointed. :(

Why peoples even trust applications which demand such permissions and internet connection? It's deadly danger as any app can steal IDPS. I trust Redsquirrel87 and also didn't bother of PSV ids, but it's not a good sign to accustoming peoples for online only services which are temporary and untrust.

@barelynotlegal TEMA downloading themes for LiveArea and VitaShell. For applying LA themes is Settings Sony app. ;) What we need is reading themes not from internet but from i.e "ux0".
      Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
      DeViL303 likes this.
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187

While we can grab Vita IDPS there is no way to apply them ATM and if you attempt on PS3 hard flash will brick and soft flash only allows access to Vita PSN store.
    13. Berion
      Berion
      When Sony starting banning PSV/VTV, someone find a way to spoof idps and then those data will be handy. But anyway, it's just an example. I don't see a reason to not letting peoples installing themes from internal or external memory and I believe this functionality will appear in both apps one day. I'll be waiting in patience.
    14. pinky
      pinky
      u can select the location to install the theme from. its location will be in the app.db, so it can be anywhere on ux0. the previous method would involve overwriting the default theme like the icontex.qrc on the ps3 except these icons r just png files, not packed in zlib.
    15. Berion
      Berion
      The problem is that I don't want downloading anything. ;) I want choose my theme from Memory Card, because I creating theme and I need easy way to installing and testing it. The second reason would be a commercial theme which no one never upload to repository.

BTW: One day all these apps will be useless when all those sites will go down. So I completely don't understand the point of making scene application which in 100% base on online service. I even don't understand why other peoples don't understand it. ^^
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
      bguerville likes this.
    16. bguerville
      bguerville
      I agree with you. Again! [emoji3]
    17. Сhocoladik
      Сhocoladik
      threads ready for download coming soon?
    18. pinky
      pinky
      I do have a commercial theme on my vita. it's the dq theme that someone ripped and upped. it works great! u can find a lot of themes on hackinformer. that's where I got my Mario theme for the pstv as well as the one I use now: blue theme:

[​IMG]
    19. pinky
      pinky
      btw, if anyone is curious about that red dot next to so many of my pics, it's my hdmi receiver from my laptop. my laptop transmits a signal to that box. :) plus, it's to let u know it's me. the light turns blue when I'm transmitting btw. the other areas r my gable with the dog mat on it, and my bedspread with Mario and company. that's where I usually take pics of my handheld devices like the psp, psv, ds, and 3ds. yes, I know how much u all love me. ;)