PS4 deank developing multiMAN for the PS4

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 8, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 8, 2018 at 6:53 PM
  1. 7,115
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

This is some exciting PS4 Homebrew News, arguably one of the top PS3 homebrew "multiMAN by developer deank" looks to be making an appearance on the PS4 soon. While the developer behind the project none other then deank himself does state it will be different experiance then the PS3's version. Deank, who brought us PS3 multiMAN (App), webMAN / S-MAN (Plugins) as just a few of the projects the developer developed on the previous generation (among many other scene contributions), looks to join in on the PS4 with his recent purchase of a 4.55 PS4, Recently developer deank seen the PS4 Exploit Coverage here on psx-place and then sought out looking for a console and well then before you know it, the developer had these screenshot (see below) to share with us today..Always good to see Dean back in the dev chair on consoles, because it's only means some exciting things are on the horizon for homebrew. Checkout the full post from deank below

multiMAN_PS4.png

• :) I'm glad I visited psx-place last sunday to read about the PS4 exploit :)

After reading here and there I figured that Gold and Silver editions should come with 4.55 firmware. Luckily there is a pc store in my building and yesterday I got myself a Silver Edition (2 x dualshocks) - it came with 4.55 :)

0-02-04-2a8d913848966883bd7af74340661be4af5d309c19cee5837258ca3d167e0e4d_full.jpg

Then with the help of @Joonie I was brought up to speed :)
      20180308153807.png 20180308153629.png
      (Click Image for Full Full)

Well mM for PS4 won't be anything like the PS3 version because of the different concepts between both generations, but I'll figure out some useful things to implement

Source: psx-place.com

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 8, 2018.

1. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Woop Woop! :D Its happening!
    2. Ps3OfwUser
      Ps3OfwUser
      Nice, but im waiting for ps3xploit.
    3. Naked_Snake1995
      Naked_Snake1995
      Legendary Multiman its back! Ahhh cant wait to hear the Windows 2000 Sound when you boot MMcm :P

Oh wait..i updated my PS4 to 5.50 :/

Oh Well hahahahahha

Kudos to Deank to bring it to PS4 since the PS3 days
      D3XZU3LA likes this.
    4. mawhatt
      mawhatt
      Great news. Remarrying of bluray drives would be an awesome feature :)
    5. aldostools
      aldostools
      It's a very exciting news! Joon and Dean are amazing devs!!! My respect for both!
    6. dazzaXx
      dazzaXx
      deank back at it with multiman, i havent got a ps4 myself but i'm interested to see how this turns out :D
    7. SpanishGamer911
      SpanishGamer911
      Well shit. I just updated my PS4 last night. Oh well, good to see there's some progress! I was starting to think this stuff was dead for the PS4.
    8. haznpapo
      haznpapo
      2 of the best in the game. can't wait
    9. ed89
      ed89
      nooo why? hahaha (this is irony!) Yes yes yes great news! now i sooo want a second ps4

deank and joonnie on PS4 4.55 homebrew cool this can only produce some "magic" i want to tinker just for fun with ps4 too :rolleyes:
      Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    10. cots
      cots
      Great news! I have a PS4, but I enjoy online too much to mess with it. Maybe some day down the road when their price is reduced I will look into purchasing another one, but I love PSVR and PSN so my current console will stay updated.
    11. Ra-D-OH-3H
      Ra-D-OH-3H
      Finally, the right people in the right place !! Dean & Joon nice to see you again !!
      Aldostools would be nice to let you sometimes rock. The ps4 scene needs such wonderful creative minds. I bow my forehead.
      ed89 and aldostools like this.
    12. pinky
      pinky
      great stuff, my friends. I haven't hacked my system yet. it's still on 4.07. I plan to hack it soon. currently, I'm backing up my ps3's internal hdd. it's nearly done (should be done tomorrow). :)
    13. smikk
      smikk
      @deank, @Joonie - Two of the best developers, in the Ps4 scene !!!!,

I finally thought that for some time now, with the release of the 4.55 exploit, it would take the developers to Ps4.

Now wait for the next step, find the PS4 keys.

A question to @aldostools I think that WEBMAN MOD at the moment is not possible to bring it on PS4?

P.S.:
      I appeal to all the community if you own the PS3 Dex firmware kindly provide it to @Joonie so that it can release the CFW REBUG 4.82 REX with DEX Functions.

Thanks guys you are great.
      samet2012, aldostools and DeViL303 like this.
    14. Anon
      Anon
      Eager to see what this new version will be.
      Happy to finally see developers working on homebrews, big thanks @Joonie and @deank
    15. Berion
      Berion
      For me, top priority instead of launching/mounting backups is file manager. I hope DeanK will make it, with PFS decryption (user data) on the fly (when the scene will know how it works ;]) and two panels GUI (IMHO windows style desktop start in mM Cobra Manager is extremely annoying on joypad).

And thanks for the works of course.
    16. DEX357
      DEX357
      Oh, and just for me
      (IMHO windows style desktop start in mM Cobra Manager is extremely annoying on joypad) is one of the most convenient interfaces in PS3 managers and I use this only for the editing and copying of files. And if someone bothers it instead of raining, you can use the mouse and keyboard without any problems. One of the most convenient graphics interfaces like linux is daring to say, fast and simple, but there is a lack of such a typical PS3 stage manager with such an interface to edit files only. So maybe it would be nice if it was on PS4 :P
    17. xval
      xval
      Hi Guy`s
      Looks like excellent developments….Thank you all whom make these things possible for us.
      I have a dilemma… The missus loves adventure games etc. She plays all the Tomb raiders’ Dark souls, Nathan Blake adventure type games, Lego etc. I have purchased her a 1TB ps4 (for mother’s day) with star wars Lego that was included in the Bundle from Game UK Brand new for £190.
      I hunted around and snagged this, as I know it was on 4.05 OFW and was actually an Amazing bargain.

Now here is my dilemma, she has never been an online type of person, But PSN look nice and you get *Buy Games from PlayStation Store* as a bonus. I never even play any console games now or it is extremely rare, but I do love to tinker regardless if played or not , this PS4 will be wasted if needed to update to play some of the games I mentioned or some of the latest games..
      I am still reading, and wanting to keep the options open for now, but would like to know from the peeps who are playing there backups via the exploit… can we still play versions of games that require a firmware greater than 4.55? Is it at all possible to patch them games that require higher firmware?
      I have read so many suspect blogs etc. and I would like a definitive answer from any trustworthy members please. I will put the brakes on this PS4 from even going online ATM as I do know she can play merrily the bundled Lego game without any update.
      Thank you all for your time and advice.

Best Regards,
    18. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Do not update it past 4.55, it is worth more than a new ps4 already. But you should keep it. even If you have to buy your missus another :)

I don't think that games from Fw above 4.55 will be playable, I have read that a backup of HZD which requires 4.07 has been made to work on 4.05, so that gives hope. But anyway games above 4.55 is not possible at least not for now. There are private exploits for 5.01 too, so probably they will come out too eventually, but don't count on it.
      xval likes this.
    19. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Nice to see that something finally going on with PS4 native homebrew!