PS4 Developer bigboss currently Reversing PlayStation VR for use on other platforms

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 24, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 24, 2016 at 9:24 PM
  1. 5,564
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

bigboss is back with interesting new research as hacker currently is Reversing the PlayStation VR device for use on other platforms. ,We have seen this developer take on the PS4Eye Camera and port that to other platforms and while providing some research about the PS4 Eye,Camera among various other projects like the PlayStation Move which can be seen @ the developer blog found in the link at bottom of this article, Will bigboss achieve his goal? History tells us its not if, but when this taleneted hacker will get it done and as he usually does details and information will be provided along the way as we see below with this Introduction to Reversing the PlayStation VR device

psvr-demos.jpg

• Reversing PlayStation VR device (I)

First i need to give thanks to:
      The title of this blog article explains very well about which is the main purpose of this blog entry.

PlayStation VR (before known by Morpheus) is the new device from Sony for Virtual Reality marketplace. As you know there are a few actors right now in this marketplace:
      • Oculus.
      • HTC.
      • Sony.
      • Google.
      • Samsung.
      • Others vendors.
      PlayStation VR need different parts:
      • VR headset.
      • Processor Unit.
      • PlayStation 4
      • PlayStation 4 Camera
      • PlayStation Move and PlayStation dualshock
      • TV with hdmi
      Connection schema from Sony:
      psvrconnections-640x501.jpg
      I have spoken already about PlayStation Move and PlayStation Camera here in this blog and about its new design in my twitter account:

CuvTTWaWYAAhN5i.jpg
      So now we are going to speak about usb connection between Processor Unit and PlayStation 4 because we want to use PlayStation VR in other platform different than PlayStation 4.

Processor Unit is a black box, if you want to know more about it you will need two things:
      1. Information about hardware. Sony published morpheus_bridge source for 1.50 and 2.0 and it will give you good information about how usb device is build and detailed information about all their 9 interfaces.
      2. An usb dump made with a usb protocol hardware analyzer.
      1 was already published and 2 was shared by tokkyo_tw so...

LET THE GAME BEGIN:

Continue Reading on bigboss's Blog
      @ bigboss-eyetoy.blogspot.com/

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 24, 2016.

1. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Nice to see discussion on this already, Cant wait.

I think this is the first time I have seen a (unofficial) dev actually thank Sony for something. Fair play! I think they have done a fine job with the PS4.

I have shown my PSVR to about 10 people who had never tried VR, and they have ALL been blown away. That resident evil 7 Demo/Trailer Kitchen had them jumping, Eve: Valkyrie barrel rolls had them nearly puking at first etc.

P.S. Only just realised Eve: Valkyrie has cross platform play with other VR headsets on PC, now that's cool.
      Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
      Death_Dealer likes this.