PS VITA / PS TV Developer Katsu Rolling Out PS Vita Hardware Mods & More

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Tranced, Nov 12, 2014.

By Tranced on Nov 12, 2014 at 6:12 AM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Super Moderator

Programmer
    Developer Katsu, aka xmax katsu, has been busy with quite a few interesting ventures regarding the PS Vita. First up are two hardware mods that he Tweeted about. The one been a Micro PS Vita eMMC Nand Reader and then dual nand been possible. I for one like the dual nand news. Katsu then showcased a trick using Charles proxy regarding PKG file installation.

emmc.gif
    [HR][/HR]
    ps vita dual nand.gif
    [HR][/HR]
    ps vita pgk install glitch.gif
    Thanks to Hakaze for the news tips.

Source: Katsu on Twitter | Katsu via Wololo
    [HR][/HR]

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Vita News' started by Tranced, Nov 12, 2014.

1. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      It's great to see various devs still hold interest in the vita.
    2. Tranced
      Tranced
      Yeah, I agree. There will always be interest in devices that continue to restrict access, a challenge devs/hackers enjoy.
    3. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      I'm sure you're right. Same reason many people climb a mountain....because it's there. I'm just hoping the Vita devs are able to crack the thing eventually.
    4. Hakaze
      Hakaze
      I agree too. It's very nice and as you says, hackers love challenges.
      The recent ePSP exploit publication will surely do good to the scene. Although it was not the choice of all active members.

About this article,

Please note, some Katsu's have never been published.
      And several hackers of the scene were never able to use his methods.

Information must be verified

[MENTION=61]pinkfloydviste[/MENTION], I want to say I love you 'The Darkside Of The Moon', like lot of people, and "Atom Heart Mother" too.
      Have you listen the new album, 'The Endless River'?
    5. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      I remember that day when like 30 game exploits were released. I don't know all the details, but the whole thing was a train wreck that imo did nothing but hurt the vita scene.

I've been listening to Pink Floyd since I was a little kid because of my dad. I have continued listening to them my whole life. In fact, my first date with my wife was a laser-light-show of the Dark Side of the Moon, which was awesome. My favorite albums are Wish You Were Here, Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, but I like many others as well. I still haven't listened to the Endless River, but now that you bring it up, I think I'll grab a copy and give it a listen today. As far as the David-Gilmore-as-lead-singer Pink Floyd albums go (Division Bell, Momentary Lapse of Reason), they were alright for me but not great, so I don't have super high expectations for the new one.
    6. Hakaze
      Hakaze
      Same as you. Only a few pretty titles like "high hope". And "PULSE", a wonderful live .
      But this is not Sid or Roger. :(
      "The endless river" consists of title created in 1994, is a sequel to " The Division Bell ". Really, nothing new. Too bad.

Good listening... :)
    7. pinkfloydviste
      pinkfloydviste
      I listened to the entire album start to finish yesterday. It's extremely chill and there are hardly any lyrics. It was cool, but certainly not going to replace my favorites.
    8. Hakaze
      Hakaze
      I learn to speak and to write in English at the moment.

In my previous post, I mean "It's a pity" and not "Too bad". Is not really the same thing.
    9. cfwprophet
      cfwprophet
      every one of us have to start some where :)
    10. Hakaze
      Hakaze
      Yes, I learn every day. :)

Thanks for your support.