Dismiss Notice

PSX-Place.com Announcement:

New Smiley's Added to post editor !!!

PS3 HAN Did you get banned using PS3xploit? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Xeno, Apr 1, 2018.

1. 321
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

A han ban seems unlikely.Untill main people here or testers actually get banned with a han enabler ps3,the ban risk is about 2%.If your using han you should have no issues with bans unless you get reported or you use a account connected to somthing that has to do with illegal activitys such as gamesharing with strangers or getting a online game modded.

Cfw on the otherhand is a diffrent story,a jailbroken console that uses homebrew while sighned in has a even higher risk aswell as using mod menus online only increases it.The bans usually takes time to hit,let's say around mabe 5 months to a year,and they come in waves just like Nintendo's bans on the 3ds.

2. 80
    Frosthaxx

Frosthaxx Member

Safest bet would be like the han method I would think if you have cfw. Just create a secondary account don't sign in use your Homebrew and stuff there and keep your main account legit. Don't mod online etc. Correct me if I'm wrong but seems most people get banned for being stupid and making themselves known

3. 2
    Vasco Tavares

Vasco Tavares Forum Noob

will i get ban someday by using han?

4. 774
    pink1

pink1 Moderator Developer

Nobody knows and anyone saying one way or the other is just guessing.

5. 1
    kill98

kill98 Forum Noob

good job, it works perfectly online

6. 3
    PartyNerd420

PartyNerd420 Forum Noob

I would (and did) approach it as if you are going to get banned. Rule #1 with hacking or modding any console, phone, or other tech for the first time: Assume you will break everything.

If you plan, from the beginning, that you will brick your console and get banned, it makes the rest of the process way less stressful. I began with a 3k slim and knew from the get-go that I may need to spend $120 at GameStop for a preowned replacement. I also factory wiped the system and created 3 brand new accounts in case accounts get banned with the console. So far, I've been careful never to sign into PSN while HAN is enabled and everything has worked perfectly, but I'm still expecting to need to replace my system if banned someday.

In the meantime, my.... *ahem* ...backups are running perfectly and the support from this community is awesome. Every problem I've ever had was already answered by someone else in the forum and most were an easy fix once I found them.

Thanks to everyone in the PSX-Place forums, and especially to all of the devs in the etHANol project... Beautiful code, easy to use, and works more flawlessly than I ever expected. Thank you!

7. 7,100
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Thanks for the kind words, it's appreciated. ;)
    Your approach is wise, keeping expectations low & proceeding with caution.

Regarding possible bans, given the many thousands of HAN users out there, I believe that if there was a substantial ban risk when using HAN, we would be seeing regular ban reports.
    However since HAN was officially released, I read only a couple of ban reports in this forum, including the one in this thread made by a 14 year old kid using an unsupported leaked version. Both those reports were untrustworthy as they gave no helpful details/reliable information, only unsubstantiated blame.
    Like we already said, s#ny is unlikely to be able to detect HAN until they push a firmware update.
    However HAN allows users to make further modifications to system & game files. Such changes might be detectable by online game servers & lead to a ban request.

cygmon0 and PartyNerd420 like this.