PS3 doubts about CFW and HAN

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by nazareno, Oct 12, 2018 at 12:01 PM.

1. 28
    nazareno

nazareno Forum Noob

a friend and I have a ps3 fat, both with the HAN exploit, but many mention that while you can install CFW is better, what benefits does CFW bring compared to HAN? I have already multimanded it, or I can reproduce copies of blu ray and in HAN only digital copies with resigner.

2. 5
    djvoyager

djvoyager Member

CFW can run all games even without online update as long as HAN can't do that. I mean in order to play a game with HAN it is necessary to have an online update. You can play many emulators on CFW, watch movies (DVD, Blu-ray mkv etc) play .mp3s. All this stuff is mounted much more easier than on HAN

Изпратено от моят SM-N950F с помощта на Tapatalk

3. 407
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

--Advantages to cfw--

1.unsighned code which means more emulators and homebrew

2.Webman and an ftp server which means you can ftp your iso's straight to the console and run them through webman without the hastle of injections.Ftp also means you can mod your xmb files and cold boots straight from your pc

3.disc only ps3 backups can only be ran through multiman/webman such as heavanly sword

4.The ability to go online with dex firmware and inject mod menus online using a homebrew called ccapi

5.Automatic fan controll with webman,which means your console will never go over 70 degrees and overheat into ylod.

6.The ps3 classic gameboot with sound unlocked (works on all fats)

--Advantages to han--

1.You can inject custom ps1,ps2,ps3 and psp games to the xmb rather being able to run them through webman/multiman,even though cfw also has the feature,webman is more convenient.

2.You can inject files through ps3xpolits tool page for xmb mods rather then being able to conveniently ftp them from your pc.

3.ps2 homebrew so you can use genisis and snes emulators,cfw has that and more.

4.No cfw so you are less likely to be banned online unless your custom injected games get detected as unsighned code by sony.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 1:16 PM
    djvoyager likes this.
  4. 28
    nazareno

nazareno Forum Noob

Thanks for answering, wow I will really think about installing CFW, sorry if in some things you do not get to understand, I use the google translator.

5. 255
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

CFW is not that much better, HAN is much easier to install and its not hard to work with even if you are a beginner.

6. 407
    Bloodmoons366466

Bloodmoons366466 Member

Han is still a bit time consuming since you have to convert your iso's to pkg's and resighn them.Webman just runs everything from the harddrives without needing anything installed.

7. 67
    Vishera

Vishera Forum Noob

CFW is a true jailbreak with endless possibilities,
    HAN not so much,
    I dare you to make fake save data owner working on HAN :D
    I am don't think HAN have all the permissions and as much as CFW,