PlayStation TV (PSTV) user's got a new plugin DSMotion (two variants available) which aims to add Motion Control Support for both the DualShock 3 k 4 controllers, which is essential in completing / playing some games as these games were blacklisted from playing the PSTV originally. There are some limitations but a step forward especially for games that require some motion controls as the titles outlined in the release note.
Henkaku plugins which adds motion control support for PlayStation TV with DualShock controllers
There are 2 plugins:
- Kernel plugin dsmotion.skprx: it hooks BlueTooth calls to catch DualShock controller packets and exposes user services to get the intercepted motion data
- User plugin dsmotion.suprx: it calls the kernel plugin services and reinterprets the given data for SceMotion functions return
In order to activate those plugins featues, you must edit your ux0:tai/config.txt file:
Replace TITLEID00 by a title identifier which needs motion control or by ALL to affect all titles.
- NPXS10007 - Welcome Park - The skate board game is playable.
- PCSF00214 - Tearaway - Introduction which asks to shake the PS Vita can now be passed by shaking the controller.
- PCSF00349 - Flower - The game is playable.
- PCSF00007 - WipEout 2048 - The game can be played with motion commands option.
- PCSA00029 - Uncharted Golden Abyss - River game at chapter 12 and other balance mini-games can be completed.
- PCSB00031 - Virtua Tennis 4 - "Match VR" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- PCSF00024 - Gravity Rush - "No gravity" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- If a DualShock 3 controller is used, it must not be directly plugged with USB on the PS TV otherwise, signal will be sent through USB instead of BlueTooth (and it won't be catched): use an external charger for the controller.
- It doesn't work well on classic PS Vita with "ds4vita": for an unknown reason, motion control samples seems to be too much spaced over time.
- It hooks documented "SceMotion" user functions instead of undocumented "SceMotionDev" kernel functions: if we could understand those kernel functions, we could have more compatibility with a single kernel plugin (no more need for a user plugin).
- Device orientation quaternion and rotation matrix are not currently accurate: they give unstable result and they don't support full orientation, feel free to give help if you have some maths/IMU skills!
- Some games (specially those with inverted horizontal controls) call functions to activate the PS Vita magnetometer: DualShock controllers don't have this feature.
- xerpi for his "ds3vita" and "ds4vita" plugins source code which helped me a lot to understand BlueTooth communication!
- TheFlow for his "VitaShell" source code which helped me to understand how to export functions from kernel plugin and call them in user plugin
- YifanLu for Henkaku which makes everything possible (except coffee) on this device!
Update: Version 1.1
Vertical control issue fix
User plugin changes:
- Change cross product way for device quaternion to fix some vertical inversion
- Remove useless hook on "sceMotionGetBasicOrientation": this function always returns (0,1,0) even on PS Vita
- Compatibility list updated (special thanks to "stranno" who made a lot of tests!)
- Limitation on signed titles removed: after some tests on original titles, it works fine
- New limitation discovered: apparently, PS Vita can activate a magnometer which is used specially by games with horizontal conrol issues
Latest version (download) & Source:
PSTV DSMotion [Plugin] - DualShock 3 & 4 Motion Control Support by OperationNT
By STLcardsWS on Aug 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Ps3Xploit - Now Install CFW from 4.82 OFW: NOR/NAND Software Flash Writer + NOR Dumper ReleasedThere has been alot of development going on around the PS3 since the discoveries of the PS3Xploit (webkit exploit) on 4.81 OFW, first we seen the IDPS dumper (4.81/2 OFW) released with some big news & hope to come along with it, like a Flash Writer (downgrader) for OFW, so if you have been reluctant to buy a Hardware Flasher such as the E3 Flasher and bust open your PS3, but have been wanting to get your PS3 FAT(PHAT) Console and your Downgradable PS3 SLIM Models (up to & including 25xx models with minimum installable version <= 3.56) on Custom Firmware, then here is your chance with a 100% SOFTWARE SOLUTION thanks to the work of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville, @esc0rtd3w & W) along with contributions from new team member @habib to help expedite this release. Essentially what this Software Solution does is write a patch to the CoreOS (on NOR/NAND Chip) and when the PS3 Console is then rebooted you can install a Custom Firmware directly, So downgrading back to 3.55 is not required in the process, rather "Direct OFW to CFW patching" is done to allow for Custom Firmware Installation.Continue reading
SEN Enabler v6.0.5 [BETA v3] - 4.82 CFW Support & moreImprovements v6.0.5 [BETA v3]
- Added spoof to 4.82
- Added support for CFWs 4.82 CEX/DEX
- Added Cobra support for CFW 4.82 CEX (There is no DEX atm)
- Added custom CFW mode for Ferrox 4.82 [COBRA]
I'm so sorry for going so slow but i don't have my PS3 alive atm, if you see something wrong please let me know, and sorry againContinue reading
PSV VSH Menu v1.1 [taiHen] by Joel16Developer Joel16 has dropped off a gift to the Vita community as v1.1 of PSV VSH Menu has been released. A bit of customization is introduced in v1.1 New "Launch Program" feature also has been added, these are just a couple of the changes that are listed in the entire changelog, Full details of the update for this progressing VSH menu can be seen in the details provided by the dev.
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
PS2 SCUMM VM (LAST USB+IHD compatible version) think you can still find this elsewhere, COMPARE THEMScummVM Emulator (even the ScummVM website and Sourceforge dont have this version :) -UniqueUserName