PlayStation TV (PSTV) user's got a new plugin DSMotion (two variants available) which aims to add Motion Control Support for both the DualShock 3 k 4 controllers, which is essential in completing / playing some games as these games were blacklisted from playing the PSTV originally. There are some limitations but a step forward especially for games that require some motion controls as the titles outlined in the release note.
Henkaku plugins which adds motion control support for PlayStation TV with DualShock controllers
There are 2 plugins:
- Kernel plugin dsmotion.skprx: it hooks BlueTooth calls to catch DualShock controller packets and exposes user services to get the intercepted motion data
- User plugin dsmotion.suprx: it calls the kernel plugin services and reinterprets the given data for SceMotion functions return
In order to activate those plugins featues, you must edit your ux0:tai/config.txt file:
Replace TITLEID00 by a title identifier which needs motion control or by ALL to affect all titles.
- NPXS10007 - Welcome Park - The skate board game is playable.
- PCSF00214 - Tearaway - Introduction which asks to shake the PS Vita can now be passed by shaking the controller.
- PCSF00349 - Flower - The game is playable.
- PCSF00007 - WipEout 2048 - The game can be played with motion commands option.
- PCSA00029 - Uncharted Golden Abyss - River game at chapter 12 and other balance mini-games can be completed.
- PCSB00031 - Virtua Tennis 4 - "Match VR" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- PCSF00024 - Gravity Rush - "No gravity" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- If a DualShock 3 controller is used, it must not be directly plugged with USB on the PS TV otherwise, signal will be sent through USB instead of BlueTooth (and it won't be catched): use an external charger for the controller.
- It doesn't work well on classic PS Vita with "ds4vita": for an unknown reason, motion control samples seems to be too much spaced over time.
- It hooks documented "SceMotion" user functions instead of undocumented "SceMotionDev" kernel functions: if we could understand those kernel functions, we could have more compatibility with a single kernel plugin (no more need for a user plugin).
- Device orientation quaternion and rotation matrix are not currently accurate: they give unstable result and they don't support full orientation, feel free to give help if you have some maths/IMU skills!
- Some games (specially those with inverted horizontal controls) call functions to activate the PS Vita magnetometer: DualShock controllers don't have this feature.
- xerpi for his "ds3vita" and "ds4vita" plugins source code which helped me a lot to understand BlueTooth communication!
- TheFlow for his "VitaShell" source code which helped me to understand how to export functions from kernel plugin and call them in user plugin
- YifanLu for Henkaku which makes everything possible (except coffee) on this device!
Update: Version 1.1
Vertical control issue fix
User plugin changes:
- Change cross product way for device quaternion to fix some vertical inversion
- Remove useless hook on "sceMotionGetBasicOrientation": this function always returns (0,1,0) even on PS Vita
- Compatibility list updated (special thanks to "stranno" who made a lot of tests!)
- Limitation on signed titles removed: after some tests on original titles, it works fine
- New limitation discovered: apparently, PS Vita can activate a magnometer which is used specially by games with horizontal conrol issues
Latest version (download) & Source:
PSTV DSMotion [Plugin] - DualShock 3 & 4 Motion Control Support by OperationNT
By STLcardsWS on Aug 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM
Adrenaline Bubble Manager v3.05 [by ONElua Team] - Adrenaline v6 & AdrBubbleBooter Support AddedThis handy utility we know as AdrenalineBubbleManager from the ONElua team has added support to the recent update to Adrenaline v6 & also the AdrBubbleBoot plugin recently released by LMAN (Leecherman). If your are new to this utility it allows for your own creativity with personalized bubbles for your PSP Content on the LiveArea. Checkout all the details in this latest release of v3.05 for complete changes:Continue reading
Vitashell 1.63 by TheFloW (+ Changelog to upcoming v1.7)Seems developer TheFl0w has pushed a new update v1.63.The new update adds ability to export video files,added support for PSVSD uma0: mounting and fixed bug where the right analog stick was simulated when the headphone was plugged in.(Update) Seems like a v1.7 could be released soon as well, see kozarovv post here (link) for a look of those upcoming changes as wellContinue reading
Vita Pong v1.10 [by NamelessGhoul0] - Audio / Score / Controller Improvements with new updateThe game that arguably started the gaming craze PONG has now an improved version for the Vita Platform, as developer NamelessGhoul0 unleashes Pong v1.10. We know this game is about as simple comes and we have seen so many ports but can't be denied the playability of this classic is still there. No doubt one the best competitive games of all time, simple but quite effective. This version includes new improvements and fixes to audio within the game, Analog Stick Support as well as Score improvements are some of the changes included in v1.10.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- Panthouba Sagolsem
Boots to "APPS". Art can be 320x480 (exactly 1/2 screen). Theme for CoverArt lovers -UniqueUserName