PlayStation TV (PSTV) user's got a new plugin DSMotion (two variants available) which aims to add Motion Control Support for both the DualShock 3 k 4 controllers, which is essential in completing / playing some games as these games were blacklisted from playing the PSTV originally. There are some limitations but a step forward especially for games that require some motion controls as the titles outlined in the release note.
Henkaku plugins which adds motion control support for PlayStation TV with DualShock controllers
There are 2 plugins:
- Kernel plugin dsmotion.skprx: it hooks BlueTooth calls to catch DualShock controller packets and exposes user services to get the intercepted motion data
- User plugin dsmotion.suprx: it calls the kernel plugin services and reinterprets the given data for SceMotion functions return
In order to activate those plugins featues, you must edit your ux0:tai/config.txt file:
Replace TITLEID00 by a title identifier which needs motion control or by ALL to affect all titles.
- NPXS10007 - Welcome Park - The skate board game is playable.
- PCSF00214 - Tearaway - Introduction which asks to shake the PS Vita can now be passed by shaking the controller.
- PCSF00349 - Flower - The game is playable.
- PCSF00007 - WipEout 2048 - The game can be played with motion commands option.
- PCSA00029 - Uncharted Golden Abyss - River game at chapter 12 and other balance mini-games can be completed.
- PCSB00031 - Virtua Tennis 4 - "Match VR" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- PCSF00024 - Gravity Rush - "No gravity" mode has inverted horizontal controls.
- If a DualShock 3 controller is used, it must not be directly plugged with USB on the PS TV otherwise, signal will be sent through USB instead of BlueTooth (and it won't be catched): use an external charger for the controller.
- It doesn't work well on classic PS Vita with "ds4vita": for an unknown reason, motion control samples seems to be too much spaced over time.
- It hooks documented "SceMotion" user functions instead of undocumented "SceMotionDev" kernel functions: if we could understand those kernel functions, we could have more compatibility with a single kernel plugin (no more need for a user plugin).
- Device orientation quaternion and rotation matrix are not currently accurate: they give unstable result and they don't support full orientation, feel free to give help if you have some maths/IMU skills!
- Some games (specially those with inverted horizontal controls) call functions to activate the PS Vita magnetometer: DualShock controllers don't have this feature.
- xerpi for his "ds3vita" and "ds4vita" plugins source code which helped me a lot to understand BlueTooth communication!
- TheFlow for his "VitaShell" source code which helped me to understand how to export functions from kernel plugin and call them in user plugin
- YifanLu for Henkaku which makes everything possible (except coffee) on this device!
Update: Version 1.1
Vertical control issue fix
User plugin changes:
- Change cross product way for device quaternion to fix some vertical inversion
- Remove useless hook on "sceMotionGetBasicOrientation": this function always returns (0,1,0) even on PS Vita
- Compatibility list updated (special thanks to "stranno" who made a lot of tests!)
- Limitation on signed titles removed: after some tests on original titles, it works fine
- New limitation discovered: apparently, PS Vita can activate a magnometer which is used specially by games with horizontal conrol issues
Latest version (download) & Source:
PS VITA / PS TV DSMotion [Plugin] - DualShock 3 & 4 Motion Control Support by OperationNT
By STLcardsWS on Aug 21, 2017 at 6:35 PM
PS2 Classic GUI v2.2.2 (for PS3 by Aldostools) updated w/ Auto-Suggest Configs & DVD9 SupportPS2 Classic GUI is a useful utility for an exploited PS3 Console by either CFW or HAN, this utility makes converting your PS2 Games into PS2 Classic format a breeze and as more and more discoveries are made we see more updates provided for the popular utility created by @aldostools. The release of v2.2. comes to us today with a discovery that expands the game compatibility by now supporting PS2 Games that are in DVD9 format. Recently we seen @kozarovv figured out an issue when trying to help get an English Patch for Final Fantasy XII IZSJ Working, Not only was a solution found but a guide was written as well >> Running PS2 DVD9 games on HAN/CFW . Then to make the process even easier now developer Aldostools has incorporated the needed changes into the PS2 Classic Utility (for PS3) while adding a few other features like an AUTO-SUGGEST features for PS2 Configs which seen support added in v2.1Continue reading
[UPDATE] New Vita Jailbreak coming in July 2018 (3.65-3.68 HENkaku / 3.65 Enso) from TheFlowAs the PS Vita Community knows hacker/developer TheFlow had discovered a new vulnerability for jailbreaking the PS Vita / PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The developer had planned for a much later releases since the Vita seems to be nearing the end of its life cycle and since official support could cease down the road. The idea being it was better to hold on to this exploit saving it until Sony officially pulled the plug on the device(s). However, since that time another exploit was found and thus this exploit (the first one) has moved up the release date to a new date of >> July 1 2018.
With firmware's 3.65-.3.68 there will be a new window to install the HENkaku hack which is a HEN (Homebrew Enabler), But if your on 3.65 firmware you can even take it a step farther by having the ability to install Enso (the CFW framework), With this soon to be released method TheFlow is saying you will need a Memory Card(see update), as no other storage medium including the system's internal storage will not work.Continue reading
PKGLAUNCHER (webMAN MOD Addon) now supporting additional RetroArch-libretro cores with new update
Developer @aldostools has supplied an update to one of the add-on's for webMAN MOD plugin for PS3 (CFW) user's. The PKGLAUNCHER feature which debuted on the project in wMM v1.45.04 allows for launching of RetroArch Roms from the XMB via the pkglauncher tool. With RetroArch making changes to cores names and new cores being supported on the PS3, developer Aldostools decided an update was needed and thus this new build has been rolled out for webMAN MOD user's. This is currently labeled as a test build so if you experience any issues be sure to drop a line in the comments below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: