So seems yifanlu has been up to helping out the Vita scene yet again. This time making it easy for anyone to update to 3.60 from any firmware below 3.60 to enable HENkaku/taiHENkaku. All one has to do is change the DNS server on your Vita/PSTV then use the official update method via the settings in the "Live Area". Best of all it will stop any accidental updating past 3.60 as it is the only firmware that will show up when you try to access the update setting. And best of all you can still use your browser and system as usual so you don't have to change the DNS settings to view YouTube surf the web or enable the hacks, just said it once and forget about it. Here I will leave what the dev had to say to explain it some more.
- Release Quote
- Simple Version
- Detailed Version
- Detailed Version
- Other Features
- Other Features
- Technical Details
- Technical Details
Therefore to aid our new friends, I did a lot of the hard work and updating from anything lower than 3.60 to firmware 3.60 is as easy as ever. The directions are as follows (feel free to copy, translate, and share these instructions with others) The end result will be one of the images you see below depending upon your choice of HENkaku or taiHENkaku.
Set your DNS to 184.108.40.206 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says "A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)". That's it!
Develoer Neriek has released a secondary Unofficial HENkaku Easy Updater Server DNS address.
The IP is: 220.127.116.11
Here is the LINK on it I reported here at PSX-Place
And the original source can be found here on Reddit
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Network"
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings"
- If you are not connected to the internet, do so now. Select your current connection (there should be a green dot to the left).
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Under "DNS Settings" choose "Manual"
- Under "Primary DNS" set it to 18.104.22.168
- Leave "Secondary DNS" blank. Make sure "Proxy Server" is set to "Do Not Use", as of QCMA 0.4.1 VitaUpdateBlocker isn't needed for 3.60 thus proxy should be left alone or the Update Server will not find the 3.60 update. Press OK and your on your way.
- Back out to the main settings screen. Select "System Update" and then "Update Using Wi-Fi."
- If you get an error saying your system is up to date, that means either your Vita is on 3.60 already or your Vita is > 3.60 and is not supported by HENkaku
- Otherwise you will see a pop-up saying there is a new update. Make sure the message says "3.60 (変革 Compatible)"! If the message does not say that, do not proceed and try to repeat these steps to see if you missed something.
- After ensuring you are updating to "3.60 (変革 Compatible)", proceed with the steps on screen to update.
- After updating to 3.60, you can follow steps 1-5 again and then set "DNS Settings" back to "Automatic" to restore your DNS settings. Or just leave the settings to avoid accidental updates past 3.60, but if you choose to go above 3.60 you will need to change the DNS settings back to automatic or use Google's DNS etc.
If you keep your Vita's DNS server set to 22.214.171.124, it will block any updates > 3.60 even if HENkaku is not currently installed. Additionally, you can type in go into the browser's URL bar to activate HENkaku or activate taiHENkaku. In fact the system stays fully functional as if the system auto obtained the DNS server itself, thus not hindering the systems internet features at all. Web browsing and YouTube viewing remains fully functional without the need to change the DNS address back. @bitsbubba this is the answer to all your problems. If you try to update while the HENkaku Easy Update Server is enabled you will be greeted with this screen.
We do not actually host the 3.60 update PUP both for legal reasons and also for bandwidth reasons. Instead, the PUP pointed to is
- HERE which is hosted by archive.org. As such, archive.org limits the bandwidth if you download too many files. That means if you do something like keep trying to update and then cancel and then try to update again a couple of times, you might get rate limited by archive.org for a couple of minutes.
PS VITA / PS TV Easy HENkaku Update Server Released, Also Block Accidental Updates
By atreyu187 on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM
Adrenaline Bubble Manager v3.05 [by ONElua Team] - Adrenaline v6 & AdrBubbleBooter Support AddedThis handy utility we know as AdrenalineBubbleManager from the ONElua team has added support to the recent update to Adrenaline v6 & also the AdrBubbleBoot plugin recently released by LMAN (Leecherman). If your are new to this utility it allows for your own creativity with personalized bubbles for your PSP Content on the LiveArea. Checkout all the details in this latest release of v3.05 for complete changes:Continue reading
Vitashell 1.63 by TheFloW (+ Changelog to upcoming v1.7)Seems developer TheFl0w has pushed a new update v1.63.The new update adds ability to export video files,added support for PSVSD uma0: mounting and fixed bug where the right analog stick was simulated when the headphone was plugged in.(Update) Seems like a v1.7 could be released soon as well, see kozarovv post here (link) for a look of those upcoming changes as wellContinue reading
Vita Pong v1.10 [by NamelessGhoul0] - Audio / Score / Controller Improvements with new updateThe game that arguably started the gaming craze PONG has now an improved version for the Vita Platform, as developer NamelessGhoul0 unleashes Pong v1.10. We know this game is about as simple comes and we have seen so many ports but can't be denied the playability of this classic is still there. No doubt one the best competitive games of all time, simple but quite effective. This version includes new improvements and fixes to audio within the game, Analog Stick Support as well as Score improvements are some of the changes included in v1.10.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- yasmin awais