So seems yifanlu has been up to helping out the Vita scene yet again. This time making it easy for anyone to update to 3.60 from any firmware below 3.60 to enable HENkaku/taiHENkaku. All one has to do is change the DNS server on your Vita/PSTV then use the official update method via the settings in the "Live Area". Best of all it will stop any accidental updating past 3.60 as it is the only firmware that will show up when you try to access the update setting. And best of all you can still use your browser and system as usual so you don't have to change the DNS settings to view YouTube surf the web or enable the hacks, just said it once and forget about it. Here I will leave what the dev had to say to explain it some more.
- Release Quote
- Simple Version
- Detailed Version
- Detailed Version
- Other Features
- Other Features
- Technical Details
- Technical Details
Therefore to aid our new friends, I did a lot of the hard work and updating from anything lower than 3.60 to firmware 3.60 is as easy as ever. The directions are as follows (feel free to copy, translate, and share these instructions with others) The end result will be one of the images you see below depending upon your choice of HENkaku or taiHENkaku.
Set your DNS to 184.108.40.206 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says "A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)". That's it!
Develoer Neriek has released a secondary Unofficial HENkaku Easy Updater Server DNS address.
The IP is: 220.127.116.11
Here is the LINK on it I reported here at PSX-Place
And the original source can be found here on Reddit
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Network"
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings"
- If you are not connected to the internet, do so now. Select your current connection (there should be a green dot to the left).
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Under "DNS Settings" choose "Manual"
- Under "Primary DNS" set it to 18.104.22.168
- Leave "Secondary DNS" blank. Make sure "Proxy Server" is set to "Do Not Use", as of QCMA 0.4.1 VitaUpdateBlocker isn't needed for 3.60 thus proxy should be left alone or the Update Server will not find the 3.60 update. Press OK and your on your way.
- Back out to the main settings screen. Select "System Update" and then "Update Using Wi-Fi."
- If you get an error saying your system is up to date, that means either your Vita is on 3.60 already or your Vita is > 3.60 and is not supported by HENkaku
- Otherwise you will see a pop-up saying there is a new update. Make sure the message says "3.60 (変革 Compatible)"! If the message does not say that, do not proceed and try to repeat these steps to see if you missed something.
- After ensuring you are updating to "3.60 (変革 Compatible)", proceed with the steps on screen to update.
- After updating to 3.60, you can follow steps 1-5 again and then set "DNS Settings" back to "Automatic" to restore your DNS settings. Or just leave the settings to avoid accidental updates past 3.60, but if you choose to go above 3.60 you will need to change the DNS settings back to automatic or use Google's DNS etc.
If you keep your Vita's DNS server set to 22.214.171.124, it will block any updates > 3.60 even if HENkaku is not currently installed. Additionally, you can type in go into the browser's URL bar to activate HENkaku or activate taiHENkaku. In fact the system stays fully functional as if the system auto obtained the DNS server itself, thus not hindering the systems internet features at all. Web browsing and YouTube viewing remains fully functional without the need to change the DNS address back. @bitsbubba this is the answer to all your problems. If you try to update while the HENkaku Easy Update Server is enabled you will be greeted with this screen.
We do not actually host the 3.60 update PUP both for legal reasons and also for bandwidth reasons. Instead, the PUP pointed to is
- HERE which is hosted by archive.org. As such, archive.org limits the bandwidth if you download too many files. That means if you do something like keep trying to update and then cancel and then try to update again a couple of times, you might get rate limited by archive.org for a couple of minutes.
PS VITA / PS TV Easy HENkaku Update Server Released, Also Block Accidental Updates
By atreyu187 on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM
RetroArch 1.7.2 ( PS3 / Vita / PSP ): "Runahead Latency Reduction" headlines many New additionsFollowing the release of RetroArch v1.7.1 and then the recent RetroArch 1.7.1 PS3 Extended Version (from @Ezio / @Zar). The official team has now dropped version 1.7.2 for all platforms and that includes the ports for the PlayStation 3, PS Vita (PSTV) & PSP. While version 1.7.2 is packed with alot of new changes that applies to all builds there is one feature that is quite interesting with the "Runhead Latency Reduction" feature which the devs say gives better latency then the real hardware, the PS3 is a port that supports this feature and is used as an example within the release notes. You can checkout all these new features and additional details in the release notes providedContinue reading
HAN Toolbox v0.5 - New Release adds new Debug Setting Toggler, Theme Downloader & moreFollowing some of the latest Tool Releases from Team PS3Xploit >>>seen here<<< , it was due for the Unofficial Companion for PS3Xploit to be updated, The XMB MOD dubbed the HAN Toolbox has been upgraded to version 0.5 by the developer's behind the XMB MOD for PS3 HAN (Ps3Xploit v3), This update provides a variety of new features the toolbox now is supporting Debug Settings with a new Toggler, Theme and Wallpaper Downloads have also been added, Of course can't go without mentioning some of the new eye-candy that is present with update as New eye-catching Icons for the XMB Menus, along with re-arranging of various menu's to better accommodate the new features under the hood of this supercharged XMB MOD. As the PS3Xploit Team keeps progressing and evolving its great to see other contributors create other great projects like this Unofficial CompanionContinue reading
TheFlow updates Adrenaline to Version 6.3 - Fixes PS1 Framerates and other new improvementsBefore you think there are only new updates and releases for the PS3 and/or PS4, keep in mind that the PSVita has still a lot of potential for being a handy and portable "Homebrew machine", not only for making your life easier with your backups, but also for other useful functions including to play your PSP & PS1 Classics on-the-go. And while Sony recently released a new and boring System Software Update (Version 3.68 is the recent one, if you are really interested), Developer @TheFlow still keeps his software updated, not only by fixing several bugs, but also by including new and useful functions allowing you to have the best experience with your PSP and PS1 Games. And since he keeps this software updated twice in only two days (with Version 6.2 and - as the title already suggests - Version 6.3), this shows even more that there is still a lot of potential for this handheld device.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: