So seems yifanlu has been up to helping out the Vita scene yet again. This time making it easy for anyone to update to 3.60 from any firmware below 3.60 to enable HENkaku/taiHENkaku. All one has to do is change the DNS server on your Vita/PSTV then use the official update method via the settings in the "Live Area". Best of all it will stop any accidental updating past 3.60 as it is the only firmware that will show up when you try to access the update setting. And best of all you can still use your browser and system as usual so you don't have to change the DNS settings to view YouTube surf the web or enable the hacks, just said it once and forget about it. Here I will leave what the dev had to say to explain it some more.
- Release Quote
- Simple Version
- Detailed Version
- Detailed Version
- Other Features
- Other Features
- Technical Details
- Technical Details
Therefore to aid our new friends, I did a lot of the hard work and updating from anything lower than 3.60 to firmware 3.60 is as easy as ever. The directions are as follows (feel free to copy, translate, and share these instructions with others) The end result will be one of the images you see below depending upon your choice of HENkaku or taiHENkaku.
Set your DNS to 188.8.131.52 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says "A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)". That's it!
Develoer Neriek has released a secondary Unofficial HENkaku Easy Updater Server DNS address.
The IP is: 184.108.40.206
Here is the LINK on it I reported here at PSX-Place
And the original source can be found here on Reddit
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Network"
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings"
- If you are not connected to the internet, do so now. Select your current connection (there should be a green dot to the left).
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Under "DNS Settings" choose "Manual"
- Under "Primary DNS" set it to 220.127.116.11
- Leave "Secondary DNS" blank. Make sure "Proxy Server" is set to "Do Not Use", as of QCMA 0.4.1 VitaUpdateBlocker isn't needed for 3.60 thus proxy should be left alone or the Update Server will not find the 3.60 update. Press OK and your on your way.
- Back out to the main settings screen. Select "System Update" and then "Update Using Wi-Fi."
- If you get an error saying your system is up to date, that means either your Vita is on 3.60 already or your Vita is > 3.60 and is not supported by HENkaku
- Otherwise you will see a pop-up saying there is a new update. Make sure the message says "3.60 (変革 Compatible)"! If the message does not say that, do not proceed and try to repeat these steps to see if you missed something.
- After ensuring you are updating to "3.60 (変革 Compatible)", proceed with the steps on screen to update.
- After updating to 3.60, you can follow steps 1-5 again and then set "DNS Settings" back to "Automatic" to restore your DNS settings. Or just leave the settings to avoid accidental updates past 3.60, but if you choose to go above 3.60 you will need to change the DNS settings back to automatic or use Google's DNS etc.
If you keep your Vita's DNS server set to 18.104.22.168, it will block any updates > 3.60 even if HENkaku is not currently installed. Additionally, you can type in go into the browser's URL bar to activate HENkaku or activate taiHENkaku. In fact the system stays fully functional as if the system auto obtained the DNS server itself, thus not hindering the systems internet features at all. Web browsing and YouTube viewing remains fully functional without the need to change the DNS address back. @bitsbubba this is the answer to all your problems. If you try to update while the HENkaku Easy Update Server is enabled you will be greeted with this screen.
We do not actually host the 3.60 update PUP both for legal reasons and also for bandwidth reasons. Instead, the PUP pointed to is
- HERE which is hosted by archive.org. As such, archive.org limits the bandwidth if you download too many files. That means if you do something like keep trying to update and then cancel and then try to update again a couple of times, you might get rate limited by archive.org for a couple of minutes.
PS VITA / PS TV Easy HENkaku Update Server Released, Also Block Accidental Updates
By atreyu187 on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM
CMA Has Been Hacked & Backups Decrypted for all Firmwares even 3.63Well the other day I caught wind of this on Reddit but Yifan Lu quickly made it private as it wasn't ready for public use so I didn't report on this. Well it now seems it is ready and the dev has released this to everyone now. This means we can extract anything from CMA backups even 3.61+ or old ones you have with another account etc. And better yet we can repack these adding what we want as well. Please note this doesn't allow for piracy but some tricks can be done as this will allow one to install ARK on 3.61+ systems without the need of being on 3.60 first or a PS3.
Also some registry hacks can be done and possibly more as time goes on as this is kind of like Pexploit for the PS3 and the EML hacks by mr gas & Major Tom, which at first even the dev behind it didn't see a lot of use for it but over time many others found some nifty uses for it. So enough of my winded speech lets see what the dev has to say and what this is all about.Continue reading
ARK 3.60 Auto Boot pboot - Launch PSP Games & Homebrew from LiveArea by qwikrazor87Following the recent work from vita developer qwikrazor87 who has done some great work with ARK has now released "ARK 3.60 Auto Boot pboot", this release makes launching your PSP Games and brew much easier, from the convenience of the LiveArea. You will have edit your own packages so hopefully we see some other developer's create some tools to automate this process a bit, but its not very hard either. Checkout the release quote from the developer:Continue reading
[Update v1.05] sMAN vv1.02 : New "Setup" Option in side-menu of new UI by deankIf you have not heard of sMAN already. its a new plugin from legendary developer deank. sMAN combines webMAN (vanilla) and recently developed sLaunch feature (that was a separate plugin complementing webMAN). So what is the difference between webMAN & sMAN, sMAN provides a UI experiance for changing games on the XMB, as seen in the ScreenShot provided directly from the XMB you will be greeted with this new way to mount a game. Prefer the original way? Then deank still has you covered with his original webMAN plugin as well. This update provides a new "Setup" option in the side menu and also completely does away with the "My Games" entry on the XMB and to launch the sMAN (slaunch feature) simple hold the START button on your dualshock controller to launch this new UI from the XMB. See full details in deank's release quoteContinue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- cobra cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3 plugin
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193