So seems yifanlu has been up to helping out the Vita scene yet again. This time making it easy for anyone to update to 3.60 from any firmware below 3.60 to enable HENkaku/taiHENkaku. All one has to do is change the DNS server on your Vita/PSTV then use the official update method via the settings in the "Live Area". Best of all it will stop any accidental updating past 3.60 as it is the only firmware that will show up when you try to access the update setting. And best of all you can still use your browser and system as usual so you don't have to change the DNS settings to view YouTube surf the web or enable the hacks, just said it once and forget about it. Here I will leave what the dev had to say to explain it some more.
- Release Quote
- Simple Version
- Detailed Version
- Detailed Version
- Other Features
- Other Features
- Technical Details
- Technical Details
Therefore to aid our new friends, I did a lot of the hard work and updating from anything lower than 3.60 to firmware 3.60 is as easy as ever. The directions are as follows (feel free to copy, translate, and share these instructions with others) The end result will be one of the images you see below depending upon your choice of HENkaku or taiHENkaku.
Set your DNS to 184.108.40.206 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says "A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)". That's it!
Develoer Neriek has released a secondary Unofficial HENkaku Easy Updater Server DNS address.
The IP is: 220.127.116.11
Here is the LINK on it I reported here at PSX-Place
And the original source can be found here on Reddit
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Network"
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings"
- If you are not connected to the internet, do so now. Select your current connection (there should be a green dot to the left).
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Under "DNS Settings" choose "Manual"
- Under "Primary DNS" set it to 18.104.22.168
- Leave "Secondary DNS" blank. Make sure "Proxy Server" is set to "Do Not Use", as of QCMA 0.4.1 VitaUpdateBlocker isn't needed for 3.60 thus proxy should be left alone or the Update Server will not find the 3.60 update. Press OK and your on your way.
- Back out to the main settings screen. Select "System Update" and then "Update Using Wi-Fi."
- If you get an error saying your system is up to date, that means either your Vita is on 3.60 already or your Vita is > 3.60 and is not supported by HENkaku
- Otherwise you will see a pop-up saying there is a new update. Make sure the message says "3.60 (変革 Compatible)"! If the message does not say that, do not proceed and try to repeat these steps to see if you missed something.
- After ensuring you are updating to "3.60 (変革 Compatible)", proceed with the steps on screen to update.
- After updating to 3.60, you can follow steps 1-5 again and then set "DNS Settings" back to "Automatic" to restore your DNS settings. Or just leave the settings to avoid accidental updates past 3.60, but if you choose to go above 3.60 you will need to change the DNS settings back to automatic or use Google's DNS etc.
If you keep your Vita's DNS server set to 22.214.171.124, it will block any updates > 3.60 even if HENkaku is not currently installed. Additionally, you can type in go into the browser's URL bar to activate HENkaku or activate taiHENkaku. In fact the system stays fully functional as if the system auto obtained the DNS server itself, thus not hindering the systems internet features at all. Web browsing and YouTube viewing remains fully functional without the need to change the DNS address back. @bitsbubba this is the answer to all your problems. If you try to update while the HENkaku Easy Update Server is enabled you will be greeted with this screen.
We do not actually host the 3.60 update PUP both for legal reasons and also for bandwidth reasons. Instead, the PUP pointed to is
- HERE which is hosted by archive.org. As such, archive.org limits the bandwidth if you download too many files. That means if you do something like keep trying to update and then cancel and then try to update again a couple of times, you might get rate limited by archive.org for a couple of minutes.
PS VITA / PS TV Easy HENkaku Update Server Released, Also Block Accidental Updates
By atreyu187 on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM
TheFlow cracks Vita Firmware 3.67 ("Will Release" but "Not Soon")TheFlow has brought some clarity on the recent updates (commits) made to VitaShell suggesting 3.67 Support, It is indeed true that 3.67 is now exploitable for the PS Vita and sibling devices the PlayStation TV (Vita TV). The dev has now confirmed on his official twitter (tweets below) that user and kernel access on Vita's 3.67 Firmware has been achieved, However, do note before you get too excited, the developer won't release till end of year, in what seems to be a move to wait out any future Vita firmware updates that may be on the horizon,. The dev has also stated (if time allows) the possibility to update HENkaku Enso to 3.65 for existing Vita user's, but in the future we might see all vita devices with a new window for exploiting .Its unclear if the recent Vita Bootloader Hack aided or had anything to with this hack but details are sure to emerge in the coming weeks and months What ya think about this announcement from TheFlow?
-STLcardsWS/ nCadeRegalContinue reading
Something good is going on in the PS Vita SceneIt appears "Something good is going on in the PS Vita Scene" says psx-place's own kozarovv, As the recent commits by xyz (team molecule member) and then TheFlow (VitaShell Creator) Github pages some rather interesting discoveries were found in those recent commits as also The_Hero (of Games&Consoles) points out about some new commits arising following the news from last week when Yifan lu (a member of Team Molecule) disclosed the new HENkaku Enso Bootloader Hack to the Vita Community. Since, it now appears there are some rather interesting developments coming to fruition in the Vita's ecosystem. Are we are likely in store for something big for the Vita Community, like 3.67 breakthroughs? It sure looks that way, currently, we are only making suggestions and concluding details from the commits across these Open Source Projects from elite vita devs. As these changes are signaling something is on the horizon. @kozarovv laid out some of the important bits of information that can be gather from those recent commits made available -STLcardsWSContinue reading
HENkaku Ensō bootloader hack for Vita [ by Team molecule]Team molecule is not done detailing information on the PS Vita / PlayStation TV / Vita TV, after the releases of HENkaku and then HENkaku Ensō Now developer Yifan Lu has detailed a write up detailing a new exploit titled HENkaku Ensō bootloader Hack, the information detailed could lift some of the restrictions hampered in the Vita's current environment. and even lead to a full blown 3.65 exploit (but that needs additional work the team is not interested in, but they hope others will be with this new info.) There is alot to read so i will let you get to the details yourself in the this well written piece by the developer, The topic we have broke up below in our tabs for easy reading, but you can also view the original format in the source link provided from Yifanlu's blog at bottom of the article.
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: