So seems yifanlu has been up to helping out the Vita scene yet again. This time making it easy for anyone to update to 3.60 from any firmware below 3.60 to enable HENkaku/taiHENkaku. All one has to do is change the DNS server on your Vita/PSTV then use the official update method via the settings in the "Live Area". Best of all it will stop any accidental updating past 3.60 as it is the only firmware that will show up when you try to access the update setting. And best of all you can still use your browser and system as usual so you don't have to change the DNS settings to view YouTube surf the web or enable the hacks, just said it once and forget about it. Here I will leave what the dev had to say to explain it some more.
- Release Quote
- Simple Version
- Detailed Version
- Detailed Version
- Other Features
- Other Features
- Technical Details
- Technical Details
Therefore to aid our new friends, I did a lot of the hard work and updating from anything lower than 3.60 to firmware 3.60 is as easy as ever. The directions are as follows (feel free to copy, translate, and share these instructions with others) The end result will be one of the images you see below depending upon your choice of HENkaku or taiHENkaku.
Set your DNS to 126.96.36.199 and choose to update from Wi-Fi. Proceed only if the message says "A new version of the system software is available. Firmware 3.60 (変革 Compatible)". That's it!
Develoer Neriek has released a secondary Unofficial HENkaku Easy Updater Server DNS address.
The IP is: 188.8.131.52
Here is the LINK on it I reported here at PSX-Place
And the original source can be found here on Reddit
- Open the Settings app
- Select "Network"
- Select "Wi-Fi Settings"
- If you are not connected to the internet, do so now. Select your current connection (there should be a green dot to the left).
- Select "Advanced Settings"
- Under "DNS Settings" choose "Manual"
- Under "Primary DNS" set it to 184.108.40.206
- Leave "Secondary DNS" blank. Make sure "Proxy Server" is set to "Do Not Use", as of QCMA 0.4.1 VitaUpdateBlocker isn't needed for 3.60 thus proxy should be left alone or the Update Server will not find the 3.60 update. Press OK and your on your way.
- Back out to the main settings screen. Select "System Update" and then "Update Using Wi-Fi."
- If you get an error saying your system is up to date, that means either your Vita is on 3.60 already or your Vita is > 3.60 and is not supported by HENkaku
- Otherwise you will see a pop-up saying there is a new update. Make sure the message says "3.60 (変革 Compatible)"! If the message does not say that, do not proceed and try to repeat these steps to see if you missed something.
- After ensuring you are updating to "3.60 (変革 Compatible)", proceed with the steps on screen to update.
- After updating to 3.60, you can follow steps 1-5 again and then set "DNS Settings" back to "Automatic" to restore your DNS settings. Or just leave the settings to avoid accidental updates past 3.60, but if you choose to go above 3.60 you will need to change the DNS settings back to automatic or use Google's DNS etc.
If you keep your Vita's DNS server set to 220.127.116.11, it will block any updates > 3.60 even if HENkaku is not currently installed. Additionally, you can type in go into the browser's URL bar to activate HENkaku or activate taiHENkaku. In fact the system stays fully functional as if the system auto obtained the DNS server itself, thus not hindering the systems internet features at all. Web browsing and YouTube viewing remains fully functional without the need to change the DNS address back. @bitsbubba this is the answer to all your problems. If you try to update while the HENkaku Easy Update Server is enabled you will be greeted with this screen.
We do not actually host the 3.60 update PUP both for legal reasons and also for bandwidth reasons. Instead, the PUP pointed to is
- HERE which is hosted by archive.org. As such, archive.org limits the bandwidth if you download too many files. That means if you do something like keep trying to update and then cancel and then try to update again a couple of times, you might get rate limited by archive.org for a couple of minutes.
PS VITA / PS TV Easy HENkaku Update Server Released, Also Block Accidental Updates
By atreyu187 on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:36 PM
PS3 PRO MOD - Give your XMB a new look with these mods by LuanTelesHere is a cool mod for 4.81 PS3 Custom Firmware user's as psx-place memeber LuanTeles has put together and released a suite of XMB modifications that he has dubbed the PS3 PRO MOD. This collections contains he PS3 PRO coldboot & gameboot, new boot & xmb sounds, New Custom Icons & new xmb wave , Checkout the video preview and see the included release post for additional details-STLcardsWSContinue reading
Adrenaline 5.1 Update Now LiveSeems developer TheFl0w has been busy yet again but this time with his eCFW (Adrenaline) for the PS Vita pushing the latest 5.1 and remember if you already have it installed you can simply update from the xmb using the built in function by Sony. Here is the change-log with all the changes outlined in v5.1.Continue reading
ArkFast v2.2 - gdljjrod announces new functions in this update.gdljjrod has released version 2.2 of the PS Vita / PlayStation TV utility called ArkFast. This HENkaku homebrew (vpk) created with OneLua will easily install ARK-2 for the firmware's internal PSP emulator on HENkaku exploit (for firmware 3.60). With this update the developers now give the ability to clone any PSP Game and new pboot.pbp checks that provides a couple of new features as defined in the included change log provided.Continue reading
Share This Page
- 4.81 cfw
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 emulator
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable emulator
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 homebrew
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- vita tv
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- well smeth